Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Pledge a Try 2010

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Mrs T

Mrs T
  • Players
  • 86 posts

Posted 28 February 2010 - 09:52 AM

Hit by the recession in 2009?, the Pledge a Try scheme raised a total of 792 last year with some 119 outstanding. Although some 2/3rds of what has been collected in previous years, the scheme overall has raised over 5000 for Frisa, since we started it in 2006 and we are very grateful to all our scheme supporters.

In spite of low membership last year, we believe the scheme is worth continuing as every pound counts in getting Featherstone Rovers to the finals, so we fans get the day out we deserve. We also have some very supportive fans out there who have already signed up for 2010. If you wish to support us again, or start supporting us, we will be in the Blue Lagoon before the match today and in the Clubhouse afterwards. Donations of any amount - from 10p per try welcome. It all soon adds up - with 15 tries scored already this year - 165 in 2009. We are generally around the ground all home games so we can offer a 'Pay as You Go' option to lessen the pain of paying us, and provide interim payments to Frisa.

Thanks again to all those Pledgers who have helped us make this scheme - the only one of its kind in Rugby League we think - successful.

Regards,
Sharon and Jon Thatcher

#2 GAZ1983

GAZ1983
  • Coach
  • 921 posts

Posted 28 February 2010 - 08:19 PM

QUOTE (Mrs T @ Feb 28 2010, 09:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hit by the recession in 2009?, the Pledge a Try scheme raised a total of 792 last year with some 119 outstanding. Although some 2/3rds of what has been collected in previous years, the scheme overall has raised over 5000 for Frisa, since we started it in 2006 and we are very grateful to all our scheme supporters.

In spite of low membership last year, we believe the scheme is worth continuing as every pound counts in getting Featherstone Rovers to the finals, so we fans get the day out we deserve. We also have some very supportive fans out there who have already signed up for 2010. If you wish to support us again, or start supporting us, we will be in the Blue Lagoon before the match today and in the Clubhouse afterwards. Donations of any amount - from 10p per try welcome. It all soon adds up - with 15 tries scored already this year - 165 in 2009. We are generally around the ground all home games so we can offer a 'Pay as You Go' option to lessen the pain of paying us, and provide interim payments to Frisa.

Thanks again to all those Pledgers who have helped us make this scheme - the only one of its kind in Rugby League we think - successful.

Regards,
Sharon and Jon Thatcher

i presume youv'e got me and bob down sharon....i know you love seeing bob empty his pockets! biggrin.gif

#3 Mrs T

Mrs T
  • Players
  • 86 posts

Posted 01 March 2010 - 03:17 PM

I hadn't but any indication of carrying on accepted, I'll put you both down on the list, tell Bob to get his pockets filled!

Cheers,
Sharon and Jon

#4 Maureen T-k

Maureen T-k
  • 5,198 posts

Posted 01 March 2010 - 09:21 PM

Sharon, i had simply forgot that i owe you from last year, sorry about that, i will pay you what myself and Terry owes, and put us down for 10p a try for this season.

Regards

Maureen
Im Fev and im proud

#5 Mrs T

Mrs T
  • Players
  • 86 posts

Posted 03 March 2010 - 12:29 PM

Cheers, Maureen, will see you on Sunday. Problem is I don't chasing people for their Pledges, cos all our supporters all do so much for the Club already, I can hardly demand more from you. This is why we never collect the full amount, but every penny we do collect I know is gratefullu accepted by FRISA.

#6 Mrs T

Mrs T
  • Players
  • 86 posts

Posted 03 March 2010 - 12:31 PM

p.s. we are now up to 5.75 for every try the Rovers scoer this season. If we score as well as last seaon and collect all Pledges, we'll be just short of another 1000.

#7 Stratobill

Stratobill
  • Coach
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 03 March 2010 - 11:50 PM

Cant believe I Never looked at this thread before, seen it lots but for some reason never read it. Not sure how to see you to pay up at end of season (maybe PM me) but put me down for 20p a try.

Will be worth it just to send the locked threads into internet oblivion where they belong.
Are We Human, Or Are We Rovers. Our time For Winning Is Here And Now, So Be Loud N Proud, Lets Hear You Singing, Are We Human, Or Are Rovers. They Play With Style And Virtue, Put Their Bodys On The Line, Always Battling For The Victory, They Always Did The Best They Could, Sing Out For Fev Rovers, Blue N White Is All We Know. Stand Up Proud. Swell Your Heart. You Gotta Let Them Know, Are We Human, No We Are Rovers

#8 Mrs T

Mrs T
  • Players
  • 86 posts

Posted 05 March 2010 - 09:46 AM

Thanks, Startobill. Will put you down for 20p per try, and let you know at the end of the season what the total is. We're in the Blue Lagoon and clubhouse each match, ask behind the bar for Jon Thatcher, and they will point him out, if you want to pay throughout the season.

Edited by Mrs T, 05 March 2010 - 09:47 AM.

#9 GAZ1983

GAZ1983
  • Coach
  • 921 posts

Posted 05 March 2010 - 04:50 PM

QUOTE (Mrs T @ Mar 5 2010, 09:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks, Startobill. Will put you down for 20p per try, and let you know at the end of the season what the total is. We're in the Blue Lagoon and clubhouse each match, ask behind the bar for Jon Thatcher, and they will point him out, if you want to pay throughout the season.

hey sharon any more of that malarky last nite (and the expected points fest against workington) and me n bob n scotty wont make benidorm this year! biggrin.gif