Today

elppaxr2i

Well, who expected that?!

What a team performance! 1-17 deserve credit, The Briggs/Finn combo certainly impressed especially in first half and bringing Kain on as a sub to add a bit extra also seemed to work well.

Great scrambling defending and increased line speed also

Cant help but being impressed, DP got it spot on today.

Batley on that evidence - Dark horses? No

It looks another season of struggle for them but it is early days.

Thought all the ex fev players were anonymous in the game and did nothing apart from Handforth who spat his dummy out.

Fastest supporter exit of the season has an early leader in Batley, about 5 fans clapped their team off at the end and thank god we didnt hear 'who let the dogs out' this year apart from from the fev supporters upon seeing Batley fans run out of the ground!

Roll on Hunslet in midweek!

Edited by elppaxr2i

Happy with that, forwards were awsome all day, which gave us good field position for Finn n Briggs to work in!

Briggs goal kicking was floorless 100% record I think!

Hope we get cas if we beat workington, really fancy us to do em if we got darn here! :-)

Edited by Rob Hemmi

Featherstone Rovers: league champions 2010...

Finn has added a new dimension at half back which seems to have improved the form of Briggs.Grayshon also has upped his game and Welham is going to be class. The difference today was that Rovers' defence made Batley look ordinary. Kain looked lively without the pressure of the kicking game.

The Featherstone defence paved the way for this very impressive win.Well done to all the players involved.

Iwas at the game today ,so pleased for fev ,played really well,can i throw something up in the air , and it is just my opinion, in my eyes we were giving penalties away in daft positions, could that find us out or am i seeing things differently, interested in other peoples views

Well, who expected that?!

Not me. I thought it would be tight. As it was second half. But then with all the penalties Batley were awarded how could it be any other? Plus Divorty's disallowed try. Hicks said knock-on - no way it was right in front of me and he put the ball firmly on the line. Not to worry good result for Fev.

“Few thought him even a starter.There were many who thought themselves smarter. But he ended PM, CH and OM. An Earl and a Knight of the Garter.”

Clement Attlee.

Not me. I thought it would be tight. As it was second half. But then with all the penalties Batley were awarded how could it be any other? Plus Divorty's disallowed try. Hicks said knock-on - no way it was right in front of me and he put the ball firmly on the line. Not to worry good result for Fev.

We were stood right at the point where Ross put the ball down, unlike the Catalan game 2 years ago, the ball this time was grounded 6 inches short, definately no try.

I enjoyed a very good performance today, however, and this isn't a moan we still did some sloppy things today that could end up biting our "rses" when facing other opposition. Our tackling was great, but we gave shed loads of penalties away at the play the ball, we also managed to bomb a few penalties on the the first two or three tackles when taking the 2 might be the option, some good perfomance especially by Liam Finn, Jon Steel, Liam Whelam and Tommy Saxton who took some pummle today I thought, and Ian Hardman was very brave in defence. Think the team will be different Thursday night in what really is a condom without a pulse.

We were stood right at the point where Ross put the ball down, unlike the Catalan game 2 years ago, the ball this time was grounded 6 inches short, definately no try.

spot on mate.

There are no strangers at Post Office Road, only friends who haven't met.

Well played Featherstone, you really outplayed us in every department, especially in the first half when we never turned up. You were very clinical and made the most of all of your chances.

Thought that Kain, Briggs and Finn were excellent and provided some great shape to your team.

Your forwards were really strong especially Morrison who had an outstanding game.

despite the poor result it was another reaonably enjoyable day at POR, and there really were more than five of us left at the end ;)

good performance from the backs and forwards today.....wingers actually had plenty of ball time too which is nice to see.....thought saxton/grayshon/welham/hardman/morrison/lee in particular stood out with Finn definately standing out and some cracking touch liners from briggs....I'm not convinced field is our answer at loose but theres time yet.....can anyone remember who went loose went field went off?........as for batley, I thought they would give us a better game...on the whole it was a good effort and the first league points in the bag

Edited by Sportbilly

good performance from the backs and forwards today.....wingers actually had plenty of ball time too which is nice to see.....thought saxton/grayshon/welham/hardman/morrison/lee in particular stood out with Finn definately standing out and some cracking touch liners from briggs....I'm not convinced field is our answer at loose but theres time yet.....can anyone remember who went loose went field went off?........as for batley, I thought they would give us a better game...on the whole it was a good effort and the first league points in the bag

So did we!

Liam Finn. Jack went to 9 and kain to 7, really like Finn at 7 and also look forward to kainy comin on and runnin em ragged :-)

Featherstone Rovers: league champions 2010...

yes, credit where it's due. the players and the coaching staff took the flak for the leigh performance, they deserve the praise for today. the batley attack hit a brick wall today and our attacking play promises so much more. well done rovers, onwards and upwards. also, well done jamescolin, you looked frozen today mate.

joe mullaney is a god

the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

oldrover.gif

A really good result with some stand out performances. Thought Briggs was much improved and looks like he's been practising his goal kicking. The extra 2 really makes a difference.

A couple of niggles though, we still seem to be giving too many soft penalties away for comfort and I wish we would take the two points on offer when we get a penalty under the posts.

Overall much better.

The Featherstone defence paved the way for this very impressive win.Well done to all the players involved.

including that effective signing that played in yellow. absolute toilet.

never been to POR and witnessed a bad game. That changed this afternoon.

cant wait for the return fixture.

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

:lol: I look forward to seeing the penalty count :rolleyes:

No matter what the result, always a true Fev fan.

"COME ON LADS MAKE US PROUD"

Impressive performance, especially the way they defended for a 20 minute spell midway through the first half. I lost count on the number of consecutive sets they had due to some excellent grubbers from Tiger, causing us to concede drop-outs from under the sticks. Rovers didn't flinch, however, and came back strongly at the end of the half .with 2 further tries.

One point I disagree on from a previous post is the inclusion of Jamie Field at loose forward. I think this is the best option as it gives us 3 back rowers on the field and makes us very solid. Early on in the season you get too many mistakes if you have too many ball-players, although playing a half-back ###### loose forward may be a better tactic later on in the season. Whoever plays there, however, would need to be as good on defence as Iestyn was last season.

First to admit, I expected a tighter game and that we would be pretty pushed. We handled their more or less non existant forward line and the running of Saxton, Hardman and Co certainly confused the Bulldogs. Poor decision by Hicks when handing out four warnings to the Batley forward, the one with the "stubble" for high tackles, accompanied by three warnings to their captain about the offences, but was still not disciplined.

Wel you wont of seen a bad game there recently will you lad, because the last 3/4 years youv hammered us. If you think we won solely because of the ref good for you.

there are far too many posts on here using the word BUT for me, we've taken a strong, form team to the cleaners and still some complain, lets just enjoy the win and let DP sort out any discipline issues we may or may not have, We all saw a totally inept performance from that referree today and at least a quarter of the play the ball penalties were at best pedantic and his lack of consistancy was atrocious, How many Batley forward passes did we see that the officials didn't for example. No matter what we say or what discipline issues we say we have, pathetic calls from referees must cause tams to give away the odd pen from sheer frustration

Savour the moment and let the doom and gloom merchants cheer up

PAUL GIBBINS

Wall and Floor Tiling

Plastering

Bathroom fitting

Fencing

Guttering

Insurance work

Free Quotes

www.funkytilers.co.uk

Impressive performance, especially the way they defended for a 20 minute spell midway through the first half. I lost count on the number of consecutive sets they had due to some excellent grubbers from Tiger, causing us to concede drop-outs from under the sticks. Rovers didn't flinch, however, and came back strongly at the end of the half .with 2 further tries.

One point I disagree on from a previous post is the inclusion of Jamie Field at loose forward. I think this is the best option as it gives us 3 back rowers on the field and makes us very solid. Early on in the season you get too many mistakes if you have too many ball-players, although playing a half-back ###### loose forward may be a better tactic later on in the season. Whoever plays there, however, would need to be as good on defence as Iestyn was last season.

I think jamie is a tackling machine, his defence his v/good but I feel he makes little ground with ball in hand and is a poor passer of the ball and from what i've seen upto now he's not looking to pass much.....like i said there's time and I'm not sure what the options are anyway.