TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

Matt James

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 Rob Hemmi

Rob Hemmi
  • Coach
  • 1,224 posts

Posted 03 March 2010 - 10:25 AM

According to the sun us and Halifax are intressted in him! Be quality signing, but can't see it
Featherstone Rovers: league champions 2010...

#2 sidnee

sidnee
  • Coach
  • 3,964 posts

Posted 03 March 2010 - 06:15 PM

Just read this while sat in the tattooist.

Whats his history??????
The weak conform, the strong survive.

#3 Vic Johnson

Vic Johnson
  • Coach
  • 631 posts

Posted 03 March 2010 - 06:25 PM

QUOTE (sidnee @ Mar 3 2010, 06:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Whats his history??????

Who? The tattooist? sorry, Never met him.
Featherstone Rovers-a Super league club in waiting. It's time to let us in.

#4 sidnee

sidnee
  • Coach
  • 3,964 posts

Posted 03 March 2010 - 06:26 PM

QUOTE (Vic Johnson @ Mar 3 2010, 06:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Who? The tattooist? sorry, Never met him.

rolleyes.gif rolleyes.gif
The weak conform, the strong survive.

#5 oldrover

oldrover
  • Coach
  • 6,164 posts

Posted 03 March 2010 - 07:37 PM

QUOTE (sidnee @ Mar 3 2010, 06:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Whats his history??????

somebody else giving you the needle now sidnee?
joe mullaney is a god
the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

Posted Image

#6 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 10,388 posts

Posted 03 March 2010 - 07:59 PM

what's the point?

Jeez, shoot me. That's as bad as one of colin's/bob's/bob's etc!

Please, just make it quick. Kill me, now! For the sake of humanity!
"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

#7 oldrover

oldrover
  • Coach
  • 6,164 posts

Posted 03 March 2010 - 10:46 PM

QUOTE (Robin Evans @ Mar 3 2010, 07:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
what's the point?

that one will go down in "infamy" rolleyes.gif
joe mullaney is a god
the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

Posted Image

#8 Matt J

Matt J
  • 7,712 posts

Posted 04 March 2010 - 12:28 AM

QUOTE (sidnee @ Mar 3 2010, 07:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Whats his history??????

I think he's a prop from Bradford who started out at Eastmoor Dragons

Cummins Out.

#9 HARTY

HARTY
  • Coach
  • 179 posts

Posted 04 March 2010 - 11:08 AM

would be a great signing imo known matt a few years and he's a really competative guy would add something 2 us im sure

#10 K.Loxton

K.Loxton
  • Coach
  • 1,386 posts

Posted 04 March 2010 - 12:38 PM

I've seen Matt play a couple of times and he's always stood out to me as a very good, solid player with plenty of skill.... I'd be delighted if we signed him!!!! biggrin.gif
No matter what the result, always a true Fev fan.
"COME ON LADS MAKE US PROUD"

#11 Tex Evans Thigh

Tex Evans Thigh
  • Coach
  • 1,685 posts

Posted 04 March 2010 - 05:36 PM

Would be a class signing thats for sure. He looked impressive for Fax last season, big tall rangy prop who carries the ball well and has a fair bit of skill. Our front row would benefit from some size I think as Tonks, Dickens and Morrison whilst all good, tough players are a touch short so James would complement them well.
Formerly Alistair Boyd-Meaney

fifty thousand Poouunds from Keighley...weve had im gid."

Posted Image
MIPM Project Management and Business Solutions "
Discounts available for forum members contact me for details

#12 jamescolin

jamescolin
  • Coach
  • 3,285 posts

Posted 04 March 2010 - 06:07 PM

QUOTE (Robin Evans @ Mar 3 2010, 07:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
what's the point?

Ok Robin, Now EVANS ABOVE.

#13 Rob Hemmi

Rob Hemmi
  • Coach
  • 1,224 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 07:53 AM

He's signed for barrow along with jamaine mcgillvary, two good signings who will be bang up for it in their debuts on Saturday if they play.
Featherstone Rovers: league champions 2010...

#14 Steve Ashton

Steve Ashton
  • Coach
  • 922 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 12:09 PM

QUOTE (Rob Hemmi @ Mar 15 2010, 07:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
He's signed for barrow along with jamaine mcgillvary, two good signings who will be bang up for it in their debuts on Saturday if they play.

I cannot see how Barow can afford these level of players within the Salary Cap

Its certainly a tough test for us on Saturday.
Steven Ashton

#15 HARTY

HARTY
  • Coach
  • 179 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 12:21 PM

notsour grapes but i would love 2 know how barrow can keep paying players more than any 1 else

#16 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 10,388 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 12:29 PM

Barrow RLFC probably can't.

But if they have a community set up, the players can be paid part by the RLFC and part by the community set up for the 'work' they do for that community - and it's legit!!! A lot of clubs do this to get around the cap. One thing that Barrow has that we don't is Des Johnson - who's pockets are seemingly bottemless!!

I'm not making any allegations or insinuation about brown envelopes here!!!! wink.gif

#17 SRC

SRC

Graphic Artist

• Coach
  • 4,179 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 01:35 PM

QUOTE (Robin Evans @ Mar 15 2010, 12:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Barrow RLFC probably can't.

But if they have a community set up, the players can be paid part by the RLFC and part by the community set up for the 'work' they do for that community - and it's legit!!! A lot of clubs do this to get around the cap. One thing that Barrow has that we don't is Des Johnson - who's pockets are seemingly bottemless!!

I'm not making any allegations or insinuation about brown envelopes here!!!! wink.gif

It's OK, Barrow fans now have thick skins regarding the endless allagations against us.

The fact is that we averaged crowds of 2,400 last season, have a club lottery that brings in over 300K a year and had a turnover in excess of 800,000. Don't assume Des 'buys' all these players because he doesn't. The club now has the means to do that by itself. We also have a smaller squad than last season.

It's funny how these 'brown envelope' craics are never levelled at other clubs, who have obviously lost very few players from last year but brought in a lot high quality overseas signings for 2010.

It costs a lot of money to bring over a NZ/Aus/PNG player in flights, visa fees, accomodation, bills, salary, bonuses etc etc. Far more than it does to employ GB based players who travel to training 2-3 times a week.

#18 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 10,388 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 01:58 PM

who's making allegations like????

Don't forget SRC, we've engaged some of you signings in negotiations ourselves and people at our club have with a high degree of certainty, a clear picture of what Barrow have offered some players. In addition, Yorkshire based players and families talk about the game, their club and "their pay deal"! Not all keep it secret and the details are widely known from the individuals themselves. So, doing the maths and totting up those we know would indicate a level of expenditure (along with Fax,) far greater than owt in the division. We averaged 1800 last year. An extra 600 would have been nice and would yeild about an extra 75k a year - but that would only pay for Jamie's and Ned's contract!! The rest of the squad that you have - and there's some quality in there, fitting into 225k??? I don't think so given we spoke with Fletch, Hendo et al!!!!
2400 would bring in an income of around 300k. Even with a mooted lottery of 300k, 600k to pay all the players (from which ever budget), coaching team, admin team, groundsman and equipt, rates, and upkeep and maintenance of the stadium would come to far in excess of this. Either the future of Barrow is very Shakey indeed or, as is likely, Des is Bankrolling it. Again, nowt wrong with that.

It's not a criticism. It's a huge payroll funded in part by the club and in part by other means i.e. community development/scholarship/generation teams etc etc - that's how it's done!! I wished we had such a wealthy investor.

#19 Bob Crowther

Bob Crowther
  • Coach
  • 2,661 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 04:07 PM

Robin, yes it would be nice to be bankrolled, but do not let us underestimate the potential which we have at Big Fellas.
I believe that we now have a squad and backroom staff to match any in the league. Let em sign their big names but at the end of the day it all boils down to determination and team spirit.
PS. Thi beards coming along nicely !!!.

#20 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 10,388 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 05:42 PM

Bob, I'm going for the captain birdseye look!!

Anyway, Prouty is gearing up for one monumental announcement for Fev - this isn't a "prepared to be amazed" announcement either. This is a bit big I'm led to believe!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users