Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Matt James

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#21 John63

John63
  • Coach
  • 124 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 09:05 PM

I'd hate fev to be bank rolled by one man. When he goes so does the club. By the way SRC ARE YOU DES BY ANY CHANCE?????

#22 SRC

SRC

Graphic Artist

• Coach
  • 4,179 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 09:48 PM

Barrow isn't 'bankrolled' by anyone. The club is owned by debenture holders (similar to share holders). Des is the Chairman and contributes some money to the club.

From the 2008 accounts announced at the recent AGM, I quote (from the local rag) ....

"Financial figures revealed at the meeting showed Johnston had put 46,500 into Raiders in 2008, 21,500 in sponsorship and 25,000 in loans converted into debentures, essentially writing it off."

Hardly a Roman Abramovich situation is it !?!?

#23 petesmithfan

petesmithfan
  • Coach
  • 1,386 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 07:55 AM

I wonder how many club lottery tickets Des and his kin buy.

VIVA THE FEVOLUTION

#24 SRC

SRC

Graphic Artist

• Coach
  • 4,179 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 09:01 AM

QUOTE (petesmithfan @ Mar 16 2010, 07:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I wonder how many club lottery tickets Des and his kin buy.

Probably a few dozen. Most fans have a quid of two going into the lottery a week. There are 6,000-odd members of the lottery paying 1 a week.

What is your point ??

#25 Steve Smith

Steve Smith
  • Coach
  • 461 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 09:13 AM

QUOTE (SRC @ Mar 16 2010, 09:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Probably a few dozen. Most fans have a quid of two going into the lottery a week. There are 6,000-odd members of the lottery paying 1 a week.

What is your point ??

6,000 odd?!?, that's fantastic work. Would you put that down to Barrow being an 'old-fashioned' community, so families and friends get involved, even if they're not particularly interested in the club; or do you have some kind of secret? We could all do with 6,000 folk putting a couple of quid a week in... Over half a million quid a year!

#26 Mark B

Mark B
  • Coach
  • 2,199 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 09:30 AM

What is your point ??

Is Pat Weisner in it , bet he could tell us a tale or two biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
Posted Image

#27 Terry Mullaney

Terry Mullaney
  • Coach
  • 1,988 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 12:28 PM

Yours must be one of the most succesful lotteries in rugby league. it's a credit to whoever's running it. Well done in getting the community fully behind the club.

Just an idea for Rovers, why not drop a 'Rovers in the Community' DVD through every letterbox in the area and let the people see for themselves the fantastic work being done by the club for the good of them and their children. The public by and large are almost certainly oblivious to this and perhaps need to have their eyes opened. Then ask that in return they might consider giving a mere 1 per week back to help the club and at the same time be in with a chance of winning some money. Back the exercise up with help from the P&C, local radio etc and I'm sure the response would be pretty good from what would have to be an appreciative public.

It would be a big job to distribute them but well worth the effort.

Edited by Terry Mullaney, 16 March 2010 - 12:29 PM.

Wedding Films For The Discerning by Picture House
Free Showreel DVD On Request

http://www.pictureho...ingfilms.co.uk/

#28 HaroldShand

HaroldShand
  • Coach
  • 2,553 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 12:29 PM

QUOTE (SRC @ Mar 15 2010, 09:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Barrow isn't 'bankrolled' by anyone. The club is owned by debenture holders (similar to share holders). Des is the Chairman and contributes some money to the club.

From the 2008 accounts announced at the recent AGM, I quote (from the local rag) ....

"Financial figures revealed at the meeting showed Johnston had put 46,500 into Raiders in 2008, 21,500 in sponsorship and 25,000 in loans converted into debentures, essentially writing it off."

Hardly a Roman Abramovich situation is it !?!?

Erm.....in Championship Rugby League terms, yes it is.
What I'm looking for is someone who can contribute to what England has given to the world: culture, sophistication, genius. A little bit more than an 'ot dog, know what I mean?

#29 Bob Crowther

Bob Crowther
  • Coach
  • 2,661 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 02:21 PM

QUOTE (Robin Evans @ Mar 15 2010, 05:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Bob, I'm going for the captain birdseye look!!

Anyway, Prouty is gearing up for one monumental announcement for Fev - this isn't a "prepared to be amazed" announcement either. This is a bit big I'm led to believe!!!

Announcement cancelled, Robin. I have flatly refused to work in the burger van.

#30 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 9,860 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 02:29 PM

No need now Bob. Not if you saw Castor and Pollux in there last Wednesday!!
"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users