Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

More Hunslet

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Vic Johnson

Vic Johnson
  • Coach
  • 631 posts

Posted 06 March 2010 - 07:45 AM

What I don't understand, and I'm sure you will put me right, is why Hunslet put out such a weak team. Surely. if they had fielded the first team and got some points on the board, that would serve them well later on in the NRC rounds. They could field the same team on Saturday and probably see Leigh thingy off anyway. They have more chance of getting through to the NRC than the Challenge Cup. Or is it all to do with crowd numbers? If I was a Hunslet supporter and had paid good money to watch that match I would have been a bit miffed.
Featherstone Rovers-a Super league club in waiting. It's time to let us in.

#2 marklaspalmas

marklaspalmas
  • Coach
  • 11,343 posts

Posted 06 March 2010 - 09:18 AM

QUOTE (Vic Johnson @ Mar 6 2010, 07:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What I don't understand, and I'm sure you will put me right, is why Hunslet put out such a weak team. Surely. if they had fielded the first team and got some points on the board, that would serve them well later on in the NRC rounds. They could field the same team on Saturday and probably see Leigh thingy off anyway. They have more chance of getting through to the NRC than the Challenge Cup. Or is it all to do with crowd numbers? If I was a Hunslet supporter and had paid good money to watch that match I would have been a bit miffed.

Check out their forum, they were.

Surprising to see so few of their ex-Fev contingent playing on Thursday.

You Can't Buy Team Spirit

#3 Steve Slater

Steve Slater
  • Coach
  • 1,771 posts

Posted 06 March 2010 - 11:52 AM

QUOTE (Vic Johnson @ Mar 6 2010, 07:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It's difficult to understand coaches. I can't understand why we didn't field our strongest side against Leigh, when we had Rochdale coming up the following week-surely that was the time to try new combinations. It was the Bonus Point we didn't get at Leigh that cost us just as much as the draw against Sheffield.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users