Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Warrington

• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

#21 Phil Stone

Phil Stone
  • Coach
  • 3,836 posts

Posted 09 March 2010 - 10:13 AM

Yes we did compete for 20 minutes but I remember DP saying he was disappointed that we didn't play as well as we could over the whole match. We need to stick at it for 80 minutes and make sure they know that they've been in a game.

#22 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 10,028 posts

Posted 09 March 2010 - 10:23 AM

my thoughts on that game was that Warrington never got out of 2nd gear.
We ran at them and gave them a giddy 20 mins. They soaked up the pressure, took their (sometimes gifted) opportunities, and when we tired they exposed a gap or two giving the final scoreline an over inflated tilt in their favour.

I got the impression that if they ever needed to increase the tempo, they could have done, without any problem. Whereas our lads did their very best - and they did so valliantly, and that's all I ask, the gulf in prep, depth, fitness and quality was there for all to see in the final analysis.

Not what most want to hear I'm sure, but that's how it was for me.

Unless a championship club draws a struggling SL club on their ######, (and Warrington aren't one of those), the result is almost inevitable bar the shouting.
But at least we can shout!!!!
"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

#23 HARTY

HARTY
  • Coach
  • 179 posts

Posted 09 March 2010 - 10:39 AM

ill still be expecting a win no matter who where playing cool.gif

#24 Terry Mullaney

Terry Mullaney
  • Coach
  • 1,991 posts

Posted 09 March 2010 - 10:47 AM

QUOTE (HARTY @ Mar 9 2010, 10:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well Harty, that used to be the case with Rovers in the Challenge Cup. There have been many famous giant killing feats pulled off by the lads in blue and white over the years but sadly that can't happen anymore, the magic of the Cup has been taken away hence its dip in popularity. If Rovers manage to stay within 30 points of a full strength Warrington it will be a monumental effort.
Wedding Films For The Discerning by Picture House
Free Showreel DVD On Request

http://www.pictureho...ingfilms.co.uk/

#25 DMS

DMS
  • Coach
  • 1,128 posts

Posted 09 March 2010 - 11:27 AM

QUOTE (Terry Mullaney @ Mar 9 2010, 10:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well Harty, that used to be the case with Rovers in the Challenge Cup. There have been many famous giant killing feats pulled off by the lads in blue and white over the years but sadly that can't happen anymore, the magic of the Cup has been taken away hence its dip in popularity. If Rovers manage to stay within 30 points of a full strength Warrington it will be a monumental effort.

To be brutally honest we haven't a hope in hell of beating Warrington, but i'm still going and i'll be giving it some to support FEV.
"FEVVED UP AND RARING TO GO"

#26 PJT

PJT
  • Coach
  • 4,338 posts

Posted 09 March 2010 - 12:28 PM

Keep the deficit below 30 and we have done very well.

Looking forward to going as I've never been to the ground before. Hopefully the tie will be on the Sunday afternoon.

#27 Ricardo Taylor

Ricardo Taylor
  • Coach
  • 1,160 posts

Posted 09 March 2010 - 12:50 PM

it will be good to see how we have progressed since last season and our last visit to Wilderspool in the cup a few years ago forgotten what the score was though.
No disrespect to the players ability but its our cup final and reckon it will be closer than most think. I cvould be wrong as usual.

Good luck to the lads, lets let Super Dooper League know what they are missing rolleyes.gif

#28 FevDean32

FevDean32
  • Coach
  • 172 posts

Posted 09 March 2010 - 01:56 PM

What sort of side will be playing, bearing in mind we have Tolouse only 4 days later?
The Tolouse game is much more winnable so will we see an experimental side or ful strength?

#29 DMS

DMS
  • Coach
  • 1,128 posts

Posted 09 March 2010 - 02:10 PM

QUOTE (FevDean32 @ Mar 9 2010, 01:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What sort of side will be playing, bearing in mind we have Tolouse only 4 days later?
The Tolouse game is much more winnable so will we see an experimental side or ful strength?

I bet DP will be thinking the same thing when the time comes. The players will be desperate to play in this game but DP has to weigh up the importance of this game with the far more important Toulouse game which as you say is only 4 days later.
"FEVVED UP AND RARING TO GO"

#30 GAZ1983

GAZ1983
  • Coach
  • 921 posts

Posted 09 March 2010 - 04:30 PM

its true (and also farcial) that warrington season ticket holders will get in for nowt so,unlike yesteryear,we'll make nowt.if they've say 7000 s/t holders and the gates 8000 we'll get half of the extra thou.as Terry M points out the magic of the CC has all but disappeared thanks to the "visionaries" and with it the big pay-day which would see you through the season.(bet Hetheringtons well chuffed 12000 Hull fans are payin nowt biggrin.gif )
suppose it makes it all the more vital us lot get there en -masse to swell the coffers.as long as we do our best and give our all the result aint important.lets just show Lewis n Woods we got something to offer!!

#31 Vic Johnson

Vic Johnson
  • Coach
  • 631 posts

Posted 09 March 2010 - 04:35 PM

Two seats on the Warrington Nut Bus please Gary. We did'nt disgrace ourselves last year (on the field I mean not on the nut bus) and we won't this year. Lets get at them and give it a go.
Featherstone Rovers-a Super league club in waiting. It's time to let us in.

#32 Phil Loxton

Phil Loxton
  • Coach
  • 1,630 posts

Posted 09 March 2010 - 05:48 PM

QUOTE (FevDean32 @ Mar 9 2010, 01:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

We should always put out our strongest team otherwise you have a defeatest attitude and with our strength in depth we should not be too afraid of injuries.

#33 The Grinder

The Grinder
  • Coach
  • 644 posts

Posted 09 March 2010 - 08:10 PM

QUOTE (GAZ1983 @ Mar 9 2010, 04:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
its true (and also farcial) that warrington season ticket holders will get in for nowt so,unlike yesteryear,we'll make nowt.if they've say 7000 s/t holders and the gates 8000 we'll get half of the extra thou.as Terry M points out the magic of the CC has all but disappeared thanks to the "visionaries" and with it the big pay-day which would see you through the season.(bet Hetheringtons well chuffed 12000 Hull fans are payin nowt biggrin.gif )
suppose it makes it all the more vital us lot get there en -masse to swell the coffers.as long as we do our best and give our all the result aint important.lets just show Lewis n Woods we got something to offer!!

I'm not sure of the in's and out's of this, but my assumption is that a certain amount of the season ticket goes towards these games and therefore if a season ticket holder turns up, their part of the season ticket value goes towards the gate reciepts for this CC game.

If not then I suspect that Workington got nowt out of us, given that I suspect out of the 1215 ground on sunday 600ish would have been Fev season ticket holders that would have left 600 paying punters less expenses to share between the two clubs, meaning nowt to very little for Workington.

I'm sure I'll think of something funny to say soon.

#34 SUPERSTUD

SUPERSTUD
  • Coach
  • 316 posts

Posted 10 March 2010 - 12:36 PM

QUOTE (HARTY @ Mar 9 2010, 10:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No disrespect intended mate but you are talking about two clubs who in terms of playing ability are simply miles apart.
Warrington being the clear leaders of course.

#35 POR

POR
  • Coach
  • 143 posts

Posted 10 March 2010 - 12:38 PM

QUOTE (Stratobill @ Mar 8 2010, 07:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Should be a good crowd and at least we will get a shared gate so not a great loss but could have been a lot better

Theres also the possability of tele money if the BEEB go to form, they like to show the holders in the first defence of the trophy

#36 elppaxr2i

elppaxr2i
  • Coach
  • 1,905 posts

Posted 10 March 2010 - 01:18 PM

QUOTE (POR @ Mar 10 2010, 02:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Theres also the possability of tele money if the BEEB go to form, they like to show the holders in the first defence of the trophy

lol ill bare my ar*e in station lane if they show us over the other 4 all super league ties including Hull V Leeds

#37 pont rover

pont rover
  • Coach
  • 486 posts

Posted 10 March 2010 - 01:19 PM

QUOTE (POR @ Mar 10 2010, 12:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

BBC showing Hull v Leeds Saturday 17th April and Huddersfield v Hull KR the following day

#38 ROVERS83

ROVERS83
  • Coach
  • 2,085 posts

Posted 10 March 2010 - 01:57 PM

do the season ticket holders have to use it for this game- i dont think so -they may wish to hold on to the voucher for a much bigger fixture in the next round v saints say at there place . this may redce our attendance on the day though !!!!!!!
is there life beyond fev--- andy thorpe

#39 Rob Hemmi

Rob Hemmi
  • Coach
  • 1,224 posts

Posted 10 March 2010 - 03:24 PM

I can just see stu knocking Morley out of the way to go under the sticks In the last minute to win it for us tongue.gif
Featherstone Rovers: league champions 2010...

#40 sidnee

sidnee
  • Coach
  • 3,964 posts

Posted 10 March 2010 - 04:03 PM

QUOTE (Rob Hemmi @ Mar 10 2010, 03:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I can just see stu knocking Morley out of the way to go under the sticks In the last minute to win it for us tongue.gif

I've been saying Welham in the corner with 30 seconds to go and Finny's kick going over off the upright.

Final score Warrington 22 - Fev 24

Edited by sidnee, 10 March 2010 - 04:04 PM.

The weak conform, the strong survive.