nosey parker!

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 POR

POR
  • Coach
  • 143 posts

Posted 11 March 2010 - 11:10 AM

last week nosey parker rolled out the standard rumours kear for england DP for wakey and hardman for the others he also mentioned that our near hneighbours had been holding meetings with our chairman to help them with their new proposed gounds Interesting! what I found more interesting was our chairmen stated that we had detailed plans for our redevelopment. MY question is where? All other teams who need new grounds have produced detailed plans including an artists impression of the new grounds even if they've got no chance of building them. However with these impressions they can go to the RFL nad say hello Mr rugby football league look what we're going to build doesn't it look pretty now give us a tick on our franchise application yeah. so why have we not produced artists impressions even if they are porky's and we too can say hello Mr rugby football league look what we're going to build doesn't it look pretty now give us a tick on our franchise application yeah.

#2 topcoach

topcoach
  • Players
  • 76 posts

Posted 11 March 2010 - 11:43 AM

I think there was a leaflet printed showing an artists impression of the new ground handed out at a game this season.

#3 elppaxr2i

elppaxr2i
  • Coach
  • 1,876 posts

Posted 11 March 2010 - 11:45 AM

yep sheff at home

#4 kev C

kev C
  • Coach
  • 1,008 posts

Posted 11 March 2010 - 01:00 PM

Didnt go to the Eagles game but im surprised that theres no images in the P&C or on the website.Anyone got a copy that they can scan and upload?
"League is much, much more physical than Union, and that's before anyone starts breaking the rules."

Adrian Hadley (1988)

#5 Chris Taylor

Chris Taylor
  • Coach
  • 7,722 posts

Posted 11 March 2010 - 01:11 PM

QUOTE (kev C @ Mar 11 2010, 02:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Didnt go to the Eagles game but im surprised that theres no images in the P&C or on the website.Anyone got a copy that they can scan and upload?

Sheffield Eagles match?
2008 RFL Wakefield & District Young Volunteer of the Year

#6 LOWFIELD

LOWFIELD
  • Featherstone Rovers Forum
  • 3,815 posts

Posted 11 March 2010 - 02:16 PM

QUOTE (POR @ Mar 11 2010, 01:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
last week nosey parker rolled out the standard rumours kear for england DP for wakey and hardman for the others he also mentioned that our near hneighbours had been holding meetings with our chairman to help them with their new proposed gounds Interesting! what I found more interesting was our chairmen stated that we had detailed plans for our redevelopment. MY question is where? All other teams who need new grounds have produced detailed plans including an artists impression of the new grounds even if they've got no chance of building them. However with these impressions they can go to the RFL nad say hello Mr rugby football league look what we're going to build doesn't it look pretty now give us a tick on our franchise application yeah. so why have we not produced artists impressions even if they are porky's and we too can say hello Mr rugby football league look what we're going to build doesn't it look pretty now give us a tick on our franchise application yeah.

I will tell you why, Rovers are not interested in appeasing the RFL to get a box ticked like the others with there plans that will never happen. Rovers are going to be the best club that they can be regardless of super league. Rovers arnt looking to super league as the holy grail, there going to do the best by the club and if super league comes along in the future fair enough. There is no point at this stage getting detailed drawings done, so why do it?
The Tolouse fiasco proves what i have always thought the box ticking is a complete waste of time, the RFL can deny all they like but at the end of the day we all know they will put the teams in super league THEY want, just like they did last time

#7 Phil Loxton

Phil Loxton
  • Coach
  • 1,613 posts

Posted 11 March 2010 - 06:27 PM

QUOTE (LOWFIELD @ Mar 11 2010, 02:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I will tell you why, Rovers are not interested in appeasing the RFL to get a box ticked like the others with there plans that will never happen. Rovers are going to be the best club that they can be regardless of super league. Rovers arnt looking to super league as the holy grail, there going to do the best by the club and if super league comes along in the future fair enough. There is no point at this stage getting detailed drawings done, so why do it?
The Tolouse fiasco proves what i have always thought the box ticking is a complete waste of time, the RFL can deny all they like but at the end of the day we all know they will put the teams in super league THEY want, just like they did last time
EXACTLY!!!!

#8 marklaspalmas

marklaspalmas
  • Coach
  • 11,379 posts

Posted 12 March 2010 - 10:10 AM

QUOTE (LOWFIELD @ Mar 11 2010, 02:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Good point. Salford, Wakey, Cas, Saints, etc regularly put out fancy pictures of fantasy stadiums and tbh it's become a bit of a standing joke.

I have no idea which, if any, of those clubs will get a new stadium. Good luck to them. But artistic impressions of something that's a million miles from being built, is stupid at best and downright dishonest at worst.

It's Fev Rovers we're bothered about, and we'll go about it our way. We have to trust the board on this one.

You Can't Buy Team Spirit

#9 GAZ1983

GAZ1983
  • Coach
  • 921 posts

Posted 12 March 2010 - 04:25 PM

QUOTE (marklaspalmas @ Mar 12 2010, 10:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Good point. Salford, Wakey, Cas, Saints, etc regularly put out fancy pictures of fantasy stadiums and tbh it's become a bit of a standing joke.

I have no idea which, if any, of those clubs will get a new stadium. Good luck to them. But artistic impressions of something that's a million miles from being built, is stupid at best and downright dishonest at worst.

It's Fev Rovers we're bothered about, and we'll go about it our way. We have to trust the board on this one.

Salford have publicly told the RFL they'll be in thiers Mark by 2011 just the other day....i can see the beads of sweat running down cas &waky brows now..... laugh.gif laugh.gif

#10 Steve Slater

Steve Slater
  • Coach
  • 1,822 posts

Posted 12 March 2010 - 06:17 PM

Perhaps it's a good thing that Rovers won't get a franchise this time around, because the way some of the clubs are going about their business, to either get SL status or preserve it, one or two of them might not be here in a few years time. By that time the RFL might be asking sensibly run Championship sides to help out in Super League.....Or perhaps not? DREAM ON!

#11 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,648 posts

Posted 13 March 2010 - 08:55 PM

Good thread. But bear in mind that franchises are on their way for the Championship too. wink.gif
"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

#12 jamescolin

jamescolin
  • Coach
  • 3,152 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 12:54 PM

QUOTE (Griff @ Mar 13 2010, 08:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Good thread. But bear in mind that franchises are on their way for the Championship too. wink.gif

There are also some fantasy teams around to go with their fantasy stadiums. When the s///t hits the fan God help them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users