RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE (ISSUE 397 - MAY 2014): Available to download now. Get the app from Apple Newsstand or GooglePlay, or click here to read it online now at Pocketmags.com - Print edition in shops from Friday, or click here to get it delivered by post in the UK or worldwide.

Rugby League World - April 2014
League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Danny Allan

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 HaroldShand

HaroldShand
  • Coach
  • 2,553 posts

Posted 13 March 2010 - 03:26 PM

I see Danny Allan has joined Doncaster from you guys on loan.
Quite surprised at this, as I thought he'd be an outstanding signing for you given his pedigree and experience as part of the Rhinos first-team squad.
Whats gone wrong? Is he garbage?
What I'm looking for is someone who can contribute to what England has given to the world: culture, sophistication, genius. A little bit more than an 'ot dog, know what I mean?

#2 Michael Bates

Michael Bates
  • Coach
  • 185 posts

Posted 13 March 2010 - 03:34 PM

Not done anything in any game he's played, whether he thinks he's above playing at this level or is actually garbage I can't decide.

Edited by Michael Bates, 13 March 2010 - 03:34 PM.

#3 Rob Hemmi

Rob Hemmi
  • Coach
  • 1,224 posts

Posted 13 March 2010 - 07:50 PM

QUOTE (HaroldShand @ Mar 13 2010, 04:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I see Danny Allan has joined Doncaster from you guys on loan.
Quite surprised at this, as I thought he'd be an outstanding signing for you given his pedigree and experience as part of the Rhinos first-team squad.
Whats gone wrong? Is he garbage?

GOOD!!
Really overated IMO, no possitives at all
Featherstone Rovers: league champions 2010...

#4 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 9,700 posts

Posted 13 March 2010 - 07:57 PM

I haven't seen enough of him to pass much of an opinion. I saw him in the friendlies and given the plaudits he was getting when he arrived at rovers, I expected much more than I saw in the friendlies. He wasn't that noticeable to me and though I haven't seen much of him since, it doesn't come as a surprise he's been loaned out to get some 1st team time under his belt.

"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

#5 The Baby Faced Assassin.

The Baby Faced Assassin.
  • Coach
  • 328 posts

Posted 13 March 2010 - 09:07 PM

Danny who??? No he won't be missed as he has done nothing at all to get himself noticed in the first place. I wish the lad well but he needs to up his game and live upto the hype he came with as he looks a country mile off ever breaking into the rhinos first team at the moment ohmy.gif ohmy.gif

#6 Matt J

Matt J
  • 7,710 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 01:47 AM

For me he was slowly starting to show what he is capable of, he might come back a better player for this time at Donny.

It's a different experience playing in a team where everyone around you is world class then coming to Featherstone where nearly everyone has a part time job.

Cummins Out.

#7 oldrover

oldrover
  • Coach
  • 5,838 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 08:46 AM

It's a different experience playing in a team where everyone around you is world class

thought he was at leeds.
joe mullaney is a god
the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

Posted Image

#8 Birchy

Birchy
  • Coach
  • 818 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 06:03 PM

I have been really let down by Allen. When he came I thought he could be the answer to our loose forward problem (im not a huge fan of jamie field, for an experienced player he makes far too many unforced errors, although his workrate and tackling is faultless).

When i've seen him play (about 3 times TBH) he's been non existent. Really hope he comes back with a bit more fire in his belly, as on paper this lads could be a top player in our division.

UP THE ROVERS!

#9 Bob Fowler

Bob Fowler

The Future Is Bright

• Coach
  • 7,738 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 08:29 PM

I seem to remember similar things being said about a young loan player from Bradford, what was his name ?????
Jamie Peacock !

To be a ROVER is a privilege not to be taken lightly, with fans like ours, we will always be honoured.

#10 The Baby Faced Assassin.

The Baby Faced Assassin.
  • Coach
  • 328 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 09:20 PM

QUOTE (Bob Fowler @ Mar 14 2010, 08:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I seem to remember similar things being said about a young loan player from Bradford, what was his name ?????
Jamie Peacock !

Oh aye there's another one whose career fizzled out after a loan spell with us. I wonder whatever happened to him?? laugh.gif laugh.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users