Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 401 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, full colour, in-depth coverage from the grassroots through to the international game.
Click here for the digital edition or just download the Rugby League World app from Apple Newsstand or Google Play now.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 401
/ View a Gallery of all our previous 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 401
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Danny Allan

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 HaroldShand

HaroldShand
  • Coach
  • 2,553 posts

Posted 13 March 2010 - 03:26 PM

I see Danny Allan has joined Doncaster from you guys on loan.
Quite surprised at this, as I thought he'd be an outstanding signing for you given his pedigree and experience as part of the Rhinos first-team squad.
Whats gone wrong? Is he garbage?
What I'm looking for is someone who can contribute to what England has given to the world: culture, sophistication, genius. A little bit more than an 'ot dog, know what I mean?

#2 Michael Bates

Michael Bates
  • Coach
  • 186 posts

Posted 13 March 2010 - 03:34 PM

Not done anything in any game he's played, whether he thinks he's above playing at this level or is actually garbage I can't decide.

Edited by Michael Bates, 13 March 2010 - 03:34 PM.

#3 Rob Hemmi

Rob Hemmi
  • Coach
  • 1,224 posts

Posted 13 March 2010 - 07:50 PM

QUOTE (HaroldShand @ Mar 13 2010, 04:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I see Danny Allan has joined Doncaster from you guys on loan.
Quite surprised at this, as I thought he'd be an outstanding signing for you given his pedigree and experience as part of the Rhinos first-team squad.
Whats gone wrong? Is he garbage?

GOOD!!
Really overated IMO, no possitives at all
Featherstone Rovers: league champions 2010...

#4 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 9,903 posts

Posted 13 March 2010 - 07:57 PM

I haven't seen enough of him to pass much of an opinion. I saw him in the friendlies and given the plaudits he was getting when he arrived at rovers, I expected much more than I saw in the friendlies. He wasn't that noticeable to me and though I haven't seen much of him since, it doesn't come as a surprise he's been loaned out to get some 1st team time under his belt.

"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

#5 The Baby Faced Assassin.

The Baby Faced Assassin.
  • Coach
  • 328 posts

Posted 13 March 2010 - 09:07 PM

Danny who??? No he won't be missed as he has done nothing at all to get himself noticed in the first place. I wish the lad well but he needs to up his game and live upto the hype he came with as he looks a country mile off ever breaking into the rhinos first team at the moment ohmy.gif ohmy.gif

#6 Matt J

Matt J
  • 7,712 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 01:47 AM

For me he was slowly starting to show what he is capable of, he might come back a better player for this time at Donny.

It's a different experience playing in a team where everyone around you is world class then coming to Featherstone where nearly everyone has a part time job.

Cummins Out.

#7 oldrover

oldrover
  • Coach
  • 5,997 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 08:46 AM

It's a different experience playing in a team where everyone around you is world class

thought he was at leeds.
joe mullaney is a god
the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

Posted Image

#8 Birchy

Birchy
  • Coach
  • 818 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 06:03 PM

I have been really let down by Allen. When he came I thought he could be the answer to our loose forward problem (im not a huge fan of jamie field, for an experienced player he makes far too many unforced errors, although his workrate and tackling is faultless).

When i've seen him play (about 3 times TBH) he's been non existent. Really hope he comes back with a bit more fire in his belly, as on paper this lads could be a top player in our division.

UP THE ROVERS!

#9 Bob Fowler

Bob Fowler

The Future Is Bright

• Coach
  • 7,738 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 08:29 PM

I seem to remember similar things being said about a young loan player from Bradford, what was his name ?????
Jamie Peacock !

To be a ROVER is a privilege not to be taken lightly, with fans like ours, we will always be honoured.

#10 The Baby Faced Assassin.

The Baby Faced Assassin.
  • Coach
  • 328 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 09:20 PM

QUOTE (Bob Fowler @ Mar 14 2010, 08:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I seem to remember similar things being said about a young loan player from Bradford, what was his name ?????
Jamie Peacock !

Oh aye there's another one whose career fizzled out after a loan spell with us. I wonder whatever happened to him?? laugh.gif laugh.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users