Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Atmosphere at away matches...

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#21 Phil Stone

Phil Stone
  • Coach
  • 3,836 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 06:53 PM

I personally don't like sitting down at matches so it's behind the sticks for me.
What would be good and encourage the fans to be more vocal is if the players were a little quicker to acknowledge the fans at the end of the game, starting with the fans behind the sticks some of who start to make their way to the exits. By the time they've been to the family stand the terracing is nearly empty. I have heard some disgruntled fans who want to show their appreciation to the team and feel like the support they have given, admittedly sometimes quietly, isn't appreciated by the players.
Getting the community stand full would be gret though and would generate more noise.

#22 barrowtilidie

barrowtilidie
  • Coach
  • 2,141 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 07:30 PM

Right we have the same problem at barrow.
We should be load on sat though as we will be aready bouncing as a large amont of us will be watching barrow afc, and will be in the mood,
but heres what can be done
1 noise is made stood up, sitting down is not as good
2 flags, make you feel at home
3 balloons, party feel- lets people know your here to sing, and support, makes others feel, well they look like ##### and arnt emmbarrased, so we can sing and not embarrased,
btw. Be really quiet at the your next away game, make others see how it affects the players.

#23 John63

John63
  • Coach
  • 124 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 08:26 PM

QUOTE (HARTY @ Mar 14 2010, 11:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
think the away support at any team is better behind the lads than at home because only the die hards travel shame but i defo enjoy the away games better than at home!

I do too.

#24 The Baby Faced Assassin.

The Baby Faced Assassin.
  • Coach
  • 328 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 08:52 PM

QUOTE (John63 @ Mar 15 2010, 08:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I do too.

I never used to miss a match home or away but for the last 3 years just haven't got the spare cash available any more to go away sad.gif but I know what you mean about the atmosphere been better at many away games biggrin.gif

#25 BridFlatCapper

BridFlatCapper
  • Players
  • 34 posts

Posted 17 March 2010 - 05:06 PM

The atmosphere that used to be generated in th Bullock Shed was second to none. I'm not sure why it wasn't done at the time but I feel that there was potential to build the community stand at the railway end of the ground and build a suitable score board with it. This would have left us with three covered areas of the ground and still obtained the desired effect. I'm sure that there was a perfectly good reason why this didn't happen.

Another option that could be considered would be to remove one or two centre sections of seating from the community stand to allow a standing option at the side of the pitch. I'm sure a top quality atmosphere could be whipped up for the lads there, almost a little like a new bullock shed, but keeping the seating option as well. The negative side you could say that this maybe would down grade the standard of the stadium. On a positive note it would increase the stadium capacity a little and maybe get back that atmosphere that assisted in making POR a difficult place to come away with any points. With the potential for the plans for the new stadium to be followed through surely this alteration wouldn't cause us major problems, however I haven't got a clue about the finacial implications it may incur. Just a thought!

#26 FEV-KT87

FEV-KT87
  • Coach
  • 1,306 posts

Posted 17 March 2010 - 05:20 PM

lets get the atmospere built up on saturday get every fev fan behind the sticks and dont shut up all game! make some noise show the lads we're there
YOU CANT CRUSH PRIDE!!!!

A season dedicated to Gareth John Swift

League winners 2010

#27 sidnee

sidnee
  • Coach
  • 3,964 posts

Posted 17 March 2010 - 06:12 PM

QUOTE (FEV-KT87 @ Mar 17 2010, 05:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
lets get the atmospere built up on saturday get every fev fan behind the sticks and dont shut up all game! make some noise show the lads we're there

Stay away from them bogs, they'll strip your vocal chords ohmy.gif
The weak conform, the strong survive.

#28 Bob Fowler

Bob Fowler

The Future Is Bright

• Coach
  • 7,738 posts

Posted 17 March 2010 - 09:12 PM

If a section of the community stand were to be altered for standing, then those sat down would have a job viewing the pitch. Also standing patrons usually move around slightly. I loved the Bullock shed but the view from the Community stand is one of the best in the league.
To be a ROVER is a privilege not to be taken lightly, with fans like ours, we will always be honoured.

#29 Rob Hemmi

Rob Hemmi
  • Coach
  • 1,224 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 07:15 AM

QUOTE (FEV-KT87 @ Mar 17 2010, 06:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

God I'm up for this one Babi plenty of ale to get them vocals right! If we do em that stand will be bouncing biggrin.gif
Featherstone Rovers: league champions 2010...

#30 barrowtilidie

barrowtilidie
  • Coach
  • 2,141 posts

Posted 19 March 2010 - 08:04 AM

We will be loud also, should be a great night, good luck,

#31 Stratobill

Stratobill
  • Coach
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 19 March 2010 - 02:04 PM

Surely Bob if the back seats in the Family stand were taken out with a hand barrier protecting the seats in front would be perfect and this way cant hinder anyones view that wants to sit down. SIMPLES . Bring it on, surely it will cost very little and increase capacity also and most of all the atmosphere will return and the players respond. Perfection. I definately agree that the view from the family stand is one of the best at any ground, esp up at the back, which wud be even better stood up. Poll anyone?
Are We Human, Or Are We Rovers. Our time For Winning Is Here And Now, So Be Loud N Proud, Lets Hear You Singing, Are We Human, Or Are Rovers. They Play With Style And Virtue, Put Their Bodys On The Line, Always Battling For The Victory, They Always Did The Best They Could, Sing Out For Fev Rovers, Blue N White Is All We Know. Stand Up Proud. Swell Your Heart. You Gotta Let Them Know, Are We Human, No We Are Rovers

#32 BlondyRJT

BlondyRJT
  • Players
  • 20 posts

Posted 19 March 2010 - 02:33 PM

To be honest, I'm with Bob on this one. Whilst I agree that something needs to be done about supporting the team I'm not convinced that taking out the back seats of the stand would be the answer to the problem (besdies capacity isn't really a problem wink.gif ) Call me old fashioned but personally i'm not too interested in having alcohol spilled down my back or having the consistantly misguided shouts of "OFFSIDE" or "WATCH BOTH TEAMS" from certain fans in my ears any more than I already have to.

I think the songs idea is great though laugh.gif

As for "only the die hards travel" malarky some of us have to work whether we like it or not it does not mean that we care any less than you do thank-you very much.