• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 SRC

SRC

Graphic Artist

• Coach
  • 4,179 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 11:18 AM

Given Featherstone's excellent start to the season, are there going to be many making the trip over to Cumbria on Saturday ?

It's usually a good day with a great atmosphere when an old fashioned 'Traditional' club (a bit like ourselves) visits Craven Park.

The match promises to be a belter.

#2 elppaxr2i

elppaxr2i
  • Coach
  • 1,876 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 11:50 AM

Given our start to the season i would expect us to bring a few, it appears one supporters bus is just about full (see lagoon express thread) and theres people like me who will make the journey by car

We have made a good start but saturday will show us how far we have come and if we have improved, however any improvement is better than last seasons league effort

#3 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 9,911 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 12:09 PM

We've had a good run lately but the opposition has been at times, ropey.
In our tests against teams in our league we've beaten a poor Dewsbury side and took apart an under performing Batley side. Drawing and getting tonked in the matches against teams likely to give us a sterner test.

The game on Saturday will give us a good indication of the progress Daryl and the team are making now they have had enough game time and decent weather training together and Daryl is settling on his favoured 18.

I'm really looking forward to this one. Barrow do have a cracking side and will be difficult to beat, especially up there.

Edited by Robin Evans, 15 March 2010 - 12:09 PM.

"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

#4 ROVERS83

ROVERS83
  • Coach
  • 2,085 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 01:39 PM

whose bright idea was the kick off time- im sure some one up barrow is taking the pisc. i will be there regardless along with a car full
is there life beyond fev--- andy thorpe

#5 Weeman88

Weeman88
  • Players
  • 88 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 05:08 PM

QUOTE (ROVERS83 @ Mar 15 2010, 01:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
whose bright idea was the kick off time- im sure some one up barrow is taking the pisc. i will be there regardless along with a car full

Totally agree with that, An earlier kick off would have made sense especially for us travelling fans.

#6 barrowtilidie

barrowtilidie
  • Coach
  • 2,141 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 05:23 PM

Most of out home games are at that time,
but this one has to be,
barrow afc have a fa trophy final, and due to the large numbers, many of how stewards police ( and fans) will have to debreith after that game, check the surronding area ( police ) etc, before breifing for the rugby game as both clubs do share some stewards and the same police its a problem,
will be a great game though
good luck

#7 mick wilson

mick wilson
  • Coach
  • 4,472 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 04:18 PM

Sorry for messing you "Big Fella's" about, love the name by the way laugh.gif but Barrow Football do have a very important FA Trophy semi final, (winning the away leg 0-1) winners over both legs get to Wembley with up to 4000 expected on the day, many Stewards do both codes and need debriefing after the footy game which could go to extra time then pens so could finish at 5:30 then they have to clear the stadium and ground area have a debriefing session then get to CP for the gates opening at errrrrrr 5:30pm , so you can see the problem here.

#8 Phil Stone

Phil Stone
  • Coach
  • 3,836 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 05:38 PM

Not a bad kick off time given that it's a weekend. Had it been midweek then It would have hit our support as it did in the cup last season.

#9 petesmithfan

petesmithfan
  • Coach
  • 1,386 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 05:53 PM

QUOTE (mick wilson @ Mar 16 2010, 04:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sorry for messing you "Big Fella's" about, love the name by the way laugh.gif

love yours too "Furness heating components stadium" wink.gif laugh.gif

VIVA THE FEVOLUTION

#10 sidnee

sidnee
  • Coach
  • 3,964 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 07:31 PM

QUOTE (petesmithfan @ Mar 16 2010, 05:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
love yours too "Furness heating components stadium" wink.gif laugh.gif

Could of been worse.....

Cumbrian Radiators And Pipes.

Bit long, wonder what it could be abbreviated to? tongue.gif

Edited by sidnee, 16 March 2010 - 07:32 PM.

The weak conform, the strong survive.

#11 ROVERS83

ROVERS83
  • Coach
  • 2,085 posts

Posted 17 March 2010 - 01:37 PM

QUOTE (mick wilson @ Mar 16 2010, 04:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sorry for messing you "Big Fella's" about, love the name by the way laugh.gif but Barrow Football do have a very important FA Trophy semi final, (winning the away leg 0-1) winners over both legs get to Wembley with up to 4000 expected on the day, many Stewards do both codes and need debriefing after the footy game which could go to extra time then pens so could finish at 5:30 then they have to clear the stadium and ground area have a debriefing session then get to CP for the gates opening at errrrrrr 5:30pm , so you can see the problem here.

6.30 ko then !!!!!!!!! there always seems to be some reason-if saturday evening was aproblem - u could always have tried "perish the thought" SUNDAY
is there life beyond fev--- andy thorpe

#12 FEV-KT87

FEV-KT87
  • Coach
  • 1,306 posts

Posted 17 March 2010 - 04:52 PM

QUOTE (sidnee @ Mar 16 2010, 07:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Could of been worse.....

Cumbrian Radiators And Pipes.

Bit long, wonder what it could be abbreviated to? tongue.gif

HAHAHAHA!
YOU CANT CRUSH PRIDE!!!!