League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Barrow V Featherstone

• Please log in to reply
187 replies to this topic

Poll: Win, Lose Or Draw (76 member(s) have cast votes)

Will It Be A Win Or Draw

1. Barrow To Win (36 votes [47.37%])

Percentage of vote: 47.37%

2. Featherstone To Win (38 votes [50.00%])

Percentage of vote: 50.00%

3. Draw (2 votes [2.63%])

Percentage of vote: 2.63%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Stratobill

Stratobill
  • Coach
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 06:48 PM

This will be our biggest challenge yet and probably the hardest league game all season, after big wins our confidence has never been higher so an away win is possible. They will probably have their new signings taking part and they will be out to impress but I think we will be a better balanced and settled side and will edge out close winners with barrow taking the bonus point. Barrow 20-23 Featherstone . attendance 2500
Are We Human, Or Are We Rovers. Our time For Winning Is Here And Now, So Be Loud N Proud, Lets Hear You Singing, Are We Human, Or Are Rovers. They Play With Style And Virtue, Put Their Bodys On The Line, Always Battling For The Victory, They Always Did The Best They Could, Sing Out For Fev Rovers, Blue N White Is All We Know. Stand Up Proud. Swell Your Heart. You Gotta Let Them Know, Are We Human, No We Are Rovers

#2 Phil Stone

Phil Stone
  • Coach
  • 3,836 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 06:57 PM

Gone for Barrow, just, purely because they are the champions and the Leigh game is still in the back of my mind. As good as the recent performances have been this will be a tough game and we have to prove that we can win these fixtures.

#3 philcow

philcow
  • Players
  • 40 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 07:14 PM

I think were defending well enough, our pack can hold its own againts theirs, and were now good on each flank a losing bonus point would do but i deff think we will win cant wait to get threre saturday cummon the rovers

#4 Rob Hemmi

Rob Hemmi
  • Coach
  • 1,224 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 07:51 PM

Barra 18-26 fev
hope I can still stand up by 18:30
Featherstone Rovers: league champions 2010...

#5 John63

John63
  • Coach
  • 124 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 08:35 PM

Barrow 21 featherstone rovers 20 Rooney drop goal
Can't bear to think I'm right
Please God don't let me be right.

#6 zo9

zo9
  • Coach
  • 251 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 09:00 PM

spirits are high and were playing well, but to come away from barrow with a bonus point would be a good result.

#7 Stratobill

Stratobill
  • Coach
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 10:30 PM

QUOTE (Rob Hemmi @ Mar 15 2010, 07:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Barra 18-26 fev
hope I can still stand up by 18:30

really hope yr prediction is right again this week biggrin.gif
Are We Human, Or Are We Rovers. Our time For Winning Is Here And Now, So Be Loud N Proud, Lets Hear You Singing, Are We Human, Or Are Rovers. They Play With Style And Virtue, Put Their Bodys On The Line, Always Battling For The Victory, They Always Did The Best They Could, Sing Out For Fev Rovers, Blue N White Is All We Know. Stand Up Proud. Swell Your Heart. You Gotta Let Them Know, Are We Human, No We Are Rovers

#8 Rob Hemmi

Rob Hemmi
  • Coach
  • 1,224 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 06:35 AM

QUOTE (Stratobill @ Mar 15 2010, 11:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
really hope yr prediction is right again this week biggrin.gif

Be nice like!
Featherstone Rovers: league champions 2010...

#9 Vic Johnson

Vic Johnson
  • Coach
  • 631 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 02:22 PM

Well! I hope none of our team read this Forum. What does it say to them when their own supporters are expecting them to lose? For goodness sake get behind them, believe in them. Of course they can beat Barrow. There is absolutely no doubt in my mind that we have the best, the strongest and most able team in the Championship. COME ON ROVERS, take no notice of the doubters.
Featherstone Rovers-a Super league club in waiting. It's time to let us in.

#10 Phil Stone

Phil Stone
  • Coach
  • 3,836 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 02:33 PM

QUOTE (Vic Johnson @ Mar 16 2010, 02:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well! I hope none of our team read this Forum. What does it say to them when their own supporters are expecting them to lose? For goodness sake get behind them, believe in them. Of course they can beat Barrow. There is absolutely no doubt in my mind that we have the best, the strongest and most able team in the Championship. COME ON ROVERS, take no notice of the doubters.

Barrow are the current champions, they beat us twice at their place last season, we've strengthened, they've strengthened. We should beat them given our current form but since losing to Leigh away we've played Hunslet, Rochdale, Workington (all from a lower division) Dewsbury who have just been promoted and Batley who struggled last season. None of those teams have troubled us but Barrow well might and until we win some big games against the likes of Barrow away then supporters will be unsure.
If the players read this which I'm sure some do let's hope they use the negative predictions and ram them down our throats eh?

#11 mick wilson

mick wilson
  • Coach
  • 4,474 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 04:01 PM

Barrow home win for me, but really fancy Fev to challenge for honors this term.

Enjoy everything except the result tongue.gif

#12 GAZ1983

GAZ1983
  • Coach
  • 921 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 04:06 PM

you missing this one Vic???? or is my memory going!! biggrin.gif

#13 Vic Johnson

Vic Johnson
  • Coach
  • 631 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 04:27 PM

QUOTE (GAZ1983 @ Mar 16 2010, 04:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
you missing this one Vic???? or is my memory going!! biggrin.gif

No your right. I've got to go to a party and eat, drink and be merry. I know where I'd rather be but orders have to be obeyed. Stephanie will keep me informed throughtout the match.
Featherstone Rovers-a Super league club in waiting. It's time to let us in.

#14 John63

John63
  • Coach
  • 124 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 06:43 PM

Youv'e got to add a little realism in your make up. No-one expects us to win every game and this is one that might not go our way. Whilst we hope that it does we are allowed reservations. But I'll change my previous prediction just for the optimists Barrow 0 Featherstone 68 Ido hope some players are reading it but obviously not the Barrow players . TONGUE IN CHEEK BY THE WAY.

#15 POR

POR
  • Coach
  • 143 posts

Posted 17 March 2010 - 12:14 PM

QUOTE (Phil Stone @ Mar 16 2010, 02:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Barrow are the current champions, they beat us twice at their place last season, we've strengthened, they've strengthened. We should beat them given our current form but since losing to Leigh away we've played Hunslet, Rochdale, Workington (all from a lower division) Dewsbury who have just been promoted and Batley who struggled last season. None of those teams have troubled us but Barrow well might and until we win some big games against the likes of Barrow away then supporters will be unsure.
If the players read this which I'm sure some do let's hope they use the negative predictions and ram them down our throats eh?

that's right Phil but since FEb 25th when they drew with leigh they have only played once against Hunslet Warriors on th 7th march in the cup and its always better to play games to get match fit and iron out any wrinkles in play and don't forget in the rails cup they got beat by Widnes who drew 30 points a piece with Batley. Yes they are a good team but so are we.

#16 genesis

genesis
  • Coach
  • 528 posts

Posted 17 March 2010 - 12:42 PM

Rovers to win 17/16
Kain drop goal in last minute. - Now that would be Special

#17 ROVERS83

ROVERS83
  • Coach
  • 2,085 posts

Posted 17 March 2010 - 01:40 PM

WE WILL WIN im positive- dont like the trip up to barra as much as whitehaven tho
is there life beyond fev--- andy thorpe

#18 SRC

SRC

Graphic Artist

• Coach
  • 4,179 posts

Posted 17 March 2010 - 02:04 PM

QUOTE (POR @ Mar 17 2010, 12:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
that's right Phil but since FEb 25th when they drew with leigh they have only played once against Hunslet Warriors on th 7th march in the cup and its always better to play games to get match fit and iron out any wrinkles in play and don't forget in the rails cup they got beat by Widnes who drew 30 points a piece with Batley. Yes they are a good team but so are we.

We played Keighley at home last Wednesday (10th March) in a rearranged NR Cup game.

Barrow 62 - 18 Keighley

In the Widnes game, we were ahead all the game until the 79th minute. Even many Widnes fans commented that we were the better team that day.

Having said that, Featherstone are looking really good this year and Saturday's game will certainly be the toughest home game of the season to-date by far.

#19 HARTY

HARTY
  • Coach
  • 179 posts

Posted 17 March 2010 - 02:44 PM

rovers 36 barrow 12 you have my word wink.gif wink.gif

#20 bigjohn

bigjohn
  • Coach
  • 975 posts

Posted 17 March 2010 - 02:46 PM

Barrow must be favorites for this one I recon it will be a good bench mark for our lads, if we pull it off confidence will be sky high, they were a bit of a bogy side for us last year though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users