Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 401 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, full colour, in-depth coverage from the grassroots through to the international game.
Click here for the digital edition or just download the Rugby League World app from Apple Newsstand or Google Play now.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 401
/ View a Gallery of all our previous 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 401
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

songs.....

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#21 rover n out

rover n out
  • Coach
  • 1,590 posts

Posted 19 March 2010 - 03:56 PM

what a load of cak!!
Twenty minutes before a gig, he dons the suit and walks out as though he's on his way to a caning from the headmaster, Except its Angus that does the whipping!!

#22 JasonNorth

JasonNorth
  • Coach
  • 147 posts

Posted 19 March 2010 - 04:37 PM

QUOTE (BlondyRJT @ Mar 19 2010, 02:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Oh nooo not Crazy Horses lol that song makes me cringe everytime I hear it =D

We should have a song like Melbourne Storm hehe!

For any of those that haven't heard this little gem, never fails to make me smile!

http://www.youtube.c...feature=related

Iíve got a headache.....!AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH ohmy.gif Itís Cak ok! laugh.gif You sure it hasnít be written by them lot in Whitehall. Itís the Sort **** they would come out with! Haaa! laugh.gif tongue.gif

#23 oldrover

oldrover
  • Coach
  • 5,999 posts

Posted 19 March 2010 - 04:49 PM

i'm sure Robin can come up with something by the stone rovers.
joe mullaney is a god
the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

Posted Image

#24 genesis

genesis
  • Coach
  • 528 posts

Posted 19 March 2010 - 06:56 PM

Due to this thread I've been playing that platt cappers song all ru**y day. Who made it? if you know ask him/her to make up another. "I have a dream" vol 2.

#25 dazf3v

dazf3v
  • Players
  • 58 posts

Posted 19 March 2010 - 10:29 PM

what about this one http://www.youtube.c...feature=related

#26 NTC

NTC
  • Players
  • 50 posts

Posted 20 March 2010 - 11:17 AM

Do I remember an old Fev anthem from the 70's wembley days called "Nice one Cyril" or have the mists of time just clouded over my brain?? biggrin.gif rolleyes.gif laugh.gif

#27 scimitar

scimitar
  • Players
  • 18 posts

Posted 20 March 2010 - 01:09 PM

QUOTE (NTC @ Mar 20 2010, 11:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Do I remember an old Fev anthem from the 70's wembley days called "Nice one Cyril" or have the mists of time just clouded over my brain?? biggrin.gif rolleyes.gif laugh.gif

Yes, The song was really about Cyril Knowles from Fizwilliam who played for Tottenham Hotspurs but it
was adopted by Rovers for the great Cyril Kellet.

Edited by scimitar, 20 March 2010 - 01:11 PM.

#28 micngill

micngill
  • Coach
  • 299 posts

Posted 21 March 2010 - 12:13 PM

QUOTE (scimitar @ Mar 20 2010, 01:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yes, The song was really about Cyril Knowles from Fizwilliam who played for Tottenham Hotspurs but it
was adopted by Rovers for the great Cyril Kellet.

I also remember "See our Stevie Dive" sang to the tune of "See My Baby Jive" from around the same time - referring to Stevie Nash.

#29 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 9,905 posts

Posted 21 March 2010 - 12:28 PM

Quite simply the finest athlete ever to grace a sporting arena! Fact!! There is never going to be an argument to counter that on planet Robin!

"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

#30 jamescolin

jamescolin
  • Coach
  • 3,142 posts

Posted 21 March 2010 - 12:53 PM

QUOTE (Stratobill @ Mar 18 2010, 11:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
EH ? Surely thats not a song? "I wonder Who s Kissing George Michaels backside Right Now " . Surely thats not politically correct. I do remember when I was bout 12 and heard the song "I am a ######" blasting out of the tannoy at a fev match. Yes n I am sure there is a copy in the loft. Christ I Can still remember the words. Cant wait to see a witty reply from this post .

In the loft? Perhaps that's where you went to do it. Personally I like Some Folks Sail the open Seas, Some Folks Sail the Brine..........Rovers Rovers I go no more a Roving my sweet maid.

#31 BlondyRJT

BlondyRJT
  • Players
  • 20 posts

Posted 21 March 2010 - 02:49 PM

QUOTE (JasonNorth @ Mar 19 2010, 04:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Iíve got a headache.....!AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH ohmy.gif Itís Cak ok! laugh.gif You sure it hasnít be written by them lot in Whitehall. Itís the Sort **** they would come out with! Haaa! laugh.gif tongue.gif

Admittedly it isn't the most well written song ever but have you seen how the fans AND players both react to this song? If you went to Elland Road the other week for the WCC the atmosphere was immense and that was ignouring the Leeds fans' version of Marching on Together!

These would be get me pumped on the drive to a game:

Clint Mansell - Requiem for a Dream Remix - ()
Not one for singing along to but defo builds some atmosphere

Blur - Song 2

The Killers - Are we human or are we dancer (remix)

Foo Fighters - Learn to Fly

Queen - Don't Stop Me Now

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users