Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 401 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, full colour, in-depth coverage from the grassroots through to the international game.
Click here for the digital edition or just download the Rugby League World app from Apple Newsstand or Google Play now.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 401
/ View a Gallery of all our previous 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 401
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Barra

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
46 replies to this topic

#1 Rob Hemmi

Rob Hemmi
  • Coach
  • 1,224 posts

Posted 20 March 2010 - 09:06 PM

Best game for a few year
Featherstone Rovers: league champions 2010...

#2 tec

tec
  • Coach
  • 594 posts

Posted 20 March 2010 - 10:38 PM

QUOTE (Rob Hemmi @ Mar 20 2010, 09:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Best game for a few year

Is that because fev had the hardest fans ,as you mentioned on the Barrow forum,some people need to grow up.

#3 zo9

zo9
  • Coach
  • 251 posts

Posted 20 March 2010 - 11:29 PM

QUOTE (tec @ Mar 20 2010, 10:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Is that because fev had the hardest fans ,as you mentioned on the Barrow forum,some people need to grow up.

oh yes, grow up and accept uve been beat, stick ya money up ya ass laugh.gif .

#4 Phil Stone

Phil Stone
  • Coach
  • 3,836 posts

Posted 21 March 2010 - 12:05 AM

QUOTE (zo9 @ Mar 20 2010, 11:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

What?
Our fans going on the Barrow forum goading them isn't doing anyone any favours.Barrow fans are saying we were the better team so let's accept their compliments and not get carried away.Remember, it's where you finish at the end of the season that counts.

#5 tec

tec
  • Coach
  • 594 posts

Posted 21 March 2010 - 06:59 AM

QUOTE (zo9 @ Mar 20 2010, 11:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I do ,beaten by a team better in all departments not arguing with that,find it sad that a RL supporter thinks it clever to spout about how hard the fans are pathetic.

Edited by tec, 21 March 2010 - 07:20 AM.

#6 Rob Hemmi

Rob Hemmi
  • Coach
  • 1,224 posts

Posted 21 March 2010 - 08:43 AM

QUOTE (tec @ Mar 21 2010, 07:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I do ,beaten by a team better in all departments not arguing with that,find it sad that a RL supporter thinks it clever to spout about how hard the fans are pathetic.

You ask your steward who started it all on the way out!! Got a pint thrown on mi and punched! And your steward saw that and said whoever it was, was a well known trouble causer, so excuse me for being a bit angry

#7 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 9,904 posts

Posted 21 March 2010 - 08:51 AM

please - close this thread now!! It doesn't need anymore!
"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

#8 tec

tec
  • Coach
  • 594 posts

Posted 21 March 2010 - 09:42 AM

QUOTE (Rob Hemmi @ Mar 21 2010, 08:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You ask your steward who started it all on the way out!! Got a pint thrown on mi and punched! And your steward saw that and said whoever it was, was a well known trouble causer, so excuse me for being a bit angry

I don't blame you for being angry and lets hope the steward reports whoever did it and they can be banned.

#9 Michael Ashton

Michael Ashton
  • Coach
  • 5,553 posts

Posted 21 March 2010 - 10:59 AM

Please everybody don't get our wonderful game like 'kissyball'. Leave the legit hard stuff to the lads on the pitch.

Posted Image

#10 gary high

gary high
  • Coach
  • 1,515 posts

Posted 21 March 2010 - 11:16 AM

QUOTE (Rob Hemmi @ Mar 21 2010, 08:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Rob

Were you with the young lad who had the shaven mohican style haircut ?

He was trying to stir all sorts at halftime and at the end - went well beyond banter !

By the way I was very impressed with Fev last night. Played to your strengths and totally outplayed us. Well done !

Edited by gary high, 21 March 2010 - 11:17 AM.

#11 Bob Fowler

Bob Fowler

The Future Is Bright

• Coach
  • 7,738 posts

Posted 21 March 2010 - 11:55 AM

I was'nt there so I wont make comments about what did or didn't happen last night, however, rugby league is a family game. Not just in the biblical sense , mum dad two kids, but the fact we all are members of an elite family who support a great team game. The esscence of which means that we accept victory and defat in the same spirit. That is why our game survives. There is NO room available to those who seek to disparage the game in any way shape or form . I would therefore ask all forum contributors to bear this in mind when replying to posts.Many Barrow fans have been generous in their comments and I believe we should accept them with good grace and humility. This is NOT big brother, just a simple request from one who is envious at not being able to attend games at this time.

Edited by Bob Fowler, 21 March 2010 - 11:55 AM.

To be a ROVER is a privilege not to be taken lightly, with fans like ours, we will always be honoured.

#12 Rob Hemmi

Rob Hemmi
  • Coach
  • 1,224 posts

Posted 21 March 2010 - 12:19 PM

QUOTE (gary high @ Mar 21 2010, 12:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Rob

Were you with the young lad who had the shaven mohican style haircut ?

He was trying to stir all sorts at halftime and at the end - went well beyond banter !

By the way I was very impressed with Fev last night. Played to your strengths and totally outplayed us. Well done !

Most of it was really friendly had some good craic with alot of the barra fans

#13 gary high

gary high
  • Coach
  • 1,515 posts

Posted 21 March 2010 - 12:44 PM

QUOTE (Rob Hemmi @ Mar 21 2010, 12:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Most of it was really friendly had some good craic with alot of the barra fans

It went beyond a craic, especially at halftime. Very classy using that language infront of children !

If you are the one singing obsenities as you walked through the crowd at halftime then you probably got that pint thrown at you for a reason. Im not condoning it either, just making an observation. I was stood with a few lads when you walked through and due to the people around us and the families you were lucky not to get a beer shower. Be humble when you are winning and you get respect. You let down your fellow supporters last night who I gather (from reading posts on here) are a decent bunch.

Its a veeeeeeery long season ahead and the Grand Final isnt won on the 20th March is it ? I have some photos from 2 finals last year if you would like to see them though wink.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

Edited by gary high, 21 March 2010 - 12:50 PM.

#14 jamescolin

jamescolin
  • Coach
  • 3,140 posts

Posted 21 March 2010 - 12:45 PM

QUOTE (Bob Fowler @ Mar 21 2010, 11:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I was'nt there so I wont make comments about what did or didn't happen last night, however, rugby league is a family game. Not just in the biblical sense , mum dad two kids, but the fact we all are members of an elite family who support a great team game. The esscence of which means that we accept victory and defat in the same spirit. That is why our game survives. There is NO room available to those who seek to disparage the game in any way shape or form . I would therefore ask all forum contributors to bear this in mind when replying to posts.Many Barrow fans have been generous in their comments and I believe we should accept them with good grace and humility. This is NOT big brother, just a simple request from one who is envious at not being able to attend games at this time.

Couldn't agree more Bob. Lets remember we have enough enemies outside the game, there is enough divide and conquer coming from other quarters.

#15 fozzy3

fozzy3
  • Coach
  • 1,068 posts

Posted 21 March 2010 - 12:56 PM

QUOTE (gary high @ Mar 21 2010, 12:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It went beyond a craic, especially at halftime. Very classy using that language infront of children !

If you are the one singing obsenities as you walked through the crowd at halftime then you probably got that pint thrown at you for a reason. Im not condoning it either, just making an observation. I was stood with a few lads when you walked through and due to the people around us and the families you were lucky not to get a beer shower. Be humble when you are winning and you get respect. You let down your fellow supporters last night who I gather (from reading posts on here) are a decent bunch.

Its a veeeeeeery long season ahead and the Grand Final isnt won on the 20th March is it ? I have some photos from 2 finals last year if you would like to see them though wink.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

last nights over and done with now well played fev gary you cant educate pork just a shame that 1 absolute tool spoilt the night and took the shine off fevs performance which is what should of been the topic of discussion on here

#16 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 9,904 posts

Posted 21 March 2010 - 01:02 PM

QUOTE (fozzy3 @ Mar 21 2010, 12:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
what should of been the topic of discussion on here

Bang on Fozzy. Can we talk about rugby now please??

#17 gary high

gary high
  • Coach
  • 1,515 posts

Posted 21 March 2010 - 01:10 PM

Agreed. I've said my piece and that is it now.

Would love to talk about the rugby but apart from Fev I don't recall any being played laugh.gif

#18 John63

John63
  • Coach
  • 124 posts

Posted 21 March 2010 - 01:13 PM

QUOTE (Robin Evans @ Mar 21 2010, 01:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

AYE LESS BEER...MORE CHEER

#19 fozzy3

fozzy3
  • Coach
  • 1,068 posts

Posted 21 March 2010 - 01:16 PM

QUOTE (Robin Evans @ Mar 21 2010, 01:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
certainly can credit where credits due fev were well up for it barrow didnt play badly fev just stopped them playing quite a few barrow supporters had it in there head that it would be a foregone conclusion but after last years cup game fev were bound to be well up for it and it certainly showed in there defence alone its only one game lost for barra and they will bounce back for sure just like they did last year after the loss at batley

#20 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 9,904 posts

Posted 21 March 2010 - 01:24 PM

One thing struck me was how out of sorts Rooney was. A couple of the Barrow lads suggested that Rooney only trained thursday evening and drove up to Barrow on Saturday morning for the weekend and that this was the first week this season Jamie had actually trained with the squad.
Course, I don't know if this is true but he was well outplayed by our half backs.
The repeated chants of "Rooney is a Fev lad" made me chuckle - the look on Jamie's face and some of the Barrow fans faces was a picture!

Kaye Kept Henderson very quiet and Fletch was hardly noticeable. The forwards were a complete unit - all of them. I notice on Tonka's facebook that he's knackered this morning. No bloody wonder, the effort he and the rest put in. No way through at any time of the match - neither did there ever look like being. Brialliant!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users