Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Barra

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
46 replies to this topic

#21 FEV-KT87

FEV-KT87
  • Coach
  • 1,306 posts

Posted 21 March 2010 - 02:21 PM

when we were all singing the now classic rooney is a fev fan, god love him he did turn around and smile taking it with the humour it was ment........i dont know what Broadbent said or did but lets just say he didnt take the banter with the same good humour

cracking game had some really good conversations with some barrow fans and a steward
YOU CANT CRUSH PRIDE!!!!

A season dedicated to Gareth John Swift

League winners 2010

#22 elppaxr2i

elppaxr2i
  • Coach
  • 1,848 posts

Posted 21 March 2010 - 06:26 PM

Last season when Barrow ripped us apart Broadbent bent over in front of the fev fans and pulled his shorts down a bit when waiting to return a kickoff

This year when he was stood in front of us i shouted 'you arent baring your ###### this year are you braodbent' which he turned round gave a wry smile and replied with something but didnt hear it nor worked out what was said as by that point everyone rushed to the front of stand

Consequently from the kickoff Broadbent and Barrow failed to deal with the kickoff which led to rooneys drop out on the full

Maybe i had got to him?

Edited by elppaxr2i, 21 March 2010 - 06:27 PM.

#23 leejones

leejones
  • Coach
  • 266 posts

Posted 21 March 2010 - 09:47 PM

QUOTE (elppaxr2i @ Mar 21 2010, 06:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Last season when Barrow ripped us apart Broadbent bent over in front of the fev fans and pulled his shorts down a bit when waiting to return a kickoff

This year when he was stood in front of us i shouted 'you arent baring your ###### this year are you braodbent' which he turned round gave a wry smile and replied with something but didnt hear it nor worked out what was said as by that point everyone rushed to the front of stand

Consequently from the kickoff Broadbent and Barrow failed to deal with the kickoff which led to rooneys drop out on the full

Maybe i had got to him?

go john go john go john
cool.gif

#24 KNIGHTS2009

KNIGHTS2009
  • 3,497 posts

Posted 21 March 2010 - 10:04 PM

Tomorrow marks a year ago since the death of Leon Walker whilst playing the sport that we all love Rugby League. My Thoughts will be with him and his family tomorrow.
Thats what some people have to remember that every player on that field is putting there body on the line.
TOUCH THE MAGIC OF THE YORK CITY KNIGHTS

Posted Image

Posted Image

YORK CITY KNIGHTS CHAMPIONSHIP 1 PLAY OFF FINAL WINNERS 2010

#25 Raider94

Raider94
  • Coach
  • 292 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 04:12 PM

QUOTE (tec @ Mar 21 2010, 09:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't blame you for being angry and lets hope the steward reports whoever did it and they can be banned.

It was a featherstone Fan, with two stars tatood on his neck and an earing.

Tom Heighton

#26 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 9,858 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 04:22 PM

yes ok - now we've had at least half a dozen descriptions, ranging from a 6'3" dwarf with glasses on, or possibly not, between the age of 20 and 50, wearing a multitude of different clothes a quick change artiste would be hard pressed to emulate and hair styles ranging from a mullet to something akin to clive lloyd circa 1973 with more tattoos that tattoo'd Joe, from Joe's tattoo's parlour. Rawmarsh!!!

CAN WE TALK ABOUT THE RUGBY ---- PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAASE???????

Edited by Robin Evans, 22 March 2010 - 04:28 PM.

"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

#27 Raider94

Raider94
  • Coach
  • 292 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 04:33 PM

QUOTE (Robin Evans @ Mar 22 2010, 04:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
yes ok - now we've had at least half a dozen descriptions, ranging from a 6'3" dwarf with glasses on, or possibly not, between the age of 20 and 50, wearing a multitude of different clothes a quick change artiste would be hard pressed to emulate and hair styles ranging from a mullet to something akin to clive lloyd circa 1973 with more tattoos that tattoo'd Joe, from Joe's tattoo's parlour. Rawmarsh!!!

calm down

Tom Heighton

#28 lorne mosley.

lorne mosley.
  • Coach
  • 1,455 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 05:08 PM

QUOTE (Raider94 @ Mar 22 2010, 05:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

And the female steward who entered the coach and removed the keys was commiting theft from a vehicle .... even the police have to ask permission from the driver to enter the coach

So the biggest offence was ?

jog on and dream of memories pat

#29 fozzy3

fozzy3
  • Coach
  • 1,068 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 06:47 PM

QUOTE (Robin Evans @ Mar 22 2010, 04:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

robin its quite apparent that the proper fev fans know who the culprit is but are obviously sworn to secrecy i just hope barrow draw fev in the nrc cup and the lad realises that he has offended alot of barrow fans as well as embarrassing his own FANS and has the balls to apologise other than that he should start following a football team as for me i wouldnt let the tool into your own stadium and barrows ground again

#30 Bob Fowler

Bob Fowler

The Future Is Bright

• Coach
  • 7,738 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 07:13 PM

QUOTE (Raider94 @ Mar 22 2010, 04:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Why would someone have a tatoo on an earing ?
To be a ROVER is a privilege not to be taken lightly, with fans like ours, we will always be honoured.

#31 John63

John63
  • Coach
  • 124 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 07:24 PM

QUOTE (fozzy3 @ Mar 22 2010, 06:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
robin its quite apparent that the proper fev fans know who the culprit is but are obviously sworn to secrecy i just hope barrow draw fev in the nrc cup and the lad realises that he has offended alot of barrow fans as well as embarrassing his own FANS and has the balls to apologise other than that he should start following a football team as for me i wouldnt let the tool into your own stadium and barrows ground again

I think you will find that nothing will be swept under the carpet if you complain to the club officially they will surely conduct thier own enquiries and deal with any wrong doer accordingly

#32 Mick H

Mick H
  • Coach
  • 586 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 08:19 PM

Whatever has gone on here I don't think it's exactly the crime of the century, some folk get carried away on emotion on matchdays and do things they'd normally not do. No ones severly injured or even injured slightly, it's just a few hanbags at dawn and not exactly the basis for world war 3! By all accounts the trouble started after the exit gates were locked and the Fev fans at that end couldn't get out of the ground. Maybe thats a lesson to be learned by the club for next time, don't lock the bloody exit gates. Not that thats an excuse for whatever has allegedly gone on but it's better to avoid fate than to tempt it surely.

#33 snake1985

snake1985
  • 1,102 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 08:27 PM

mate just told me about headline in rugby leaguer about this game, nothing like a reporter not been at a game the headline is

BARROW DENIED BONUS POINT

OH REALLY!!! more like super fev shock leaders

Nothing like favouring teams lol

Posted Image

#34 John63

John63
  • Coach
  • 124 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 08:32 PM

QUOTE (Mick H @ Mar 22 2010, 08:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Whatever has gone on here I don't think it's exactly the crime of the century, some folk get carried away on emotion on matchdays and do things they'd normally not do. No ones severly injured or even injured slightly, it's just a few hanbags at dawn and not exactly the basis for world war 3! By all accounts the trouble started after the exit gates were locked and the Fev fans at that end couldn't get out of the ground. Maybe thats a lesson to be learned by the club for next time, don't lock the bloody exit gates. Not that thats an excuse for whatever has allegedly gone on but it's better to avoid fate than to tempt it surely.

One allegation was a fev male punched a female Barrow fan. Serious in my book and probably needs investigating if true. But this could only be done if the victim makes an official complaint. This of course in an allegation and I cannot say that anything is fact

#35 Mick H

Mick H
  • Coach
  • 586 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 08:57 PM

QUOTE (John63 @ Mar 22 2010, 08:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
One allegation was a fev male punched a female Barrow fan. Serious in my book and probably needs investigating if true. But this could only be done if the victim makes an official complaint. This of course in an allegation and I cannot say that anything is fact

If true the culprit should be ashamed of himself, but i just can't picture anyone just walking up and hitting a woman, these are strong accusations to lay without any evidence and a bit unneeded on here. Did we win or something because everytime we do opposition fans pop up with some unfounded allegations to pee on the party. I once hit a woman, but she was stood behind the bloke i meant to hit, she just got in the way when he ducked, it wasnt aimed at her, do you not think this could be something similar? If at all true? I don't know any Fev lads who would let something like that go unpunished if they saw it, let alone do it.

#36 John63

John63
  • Coach
  • 124 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 08:59 PM

QUOTE (snake1985 @ Mar 22 2010, 08:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
mate just told me about headline in rugby leaguer about this game, nothing like a reporter not been at a game the headline is

BARROW DENIED BONUS POINT

OH REALLY!!! more like super fev shock leaders

Nothing like favouring teams lol
They have their own reporter as we do in Chris Westwood. Some reporters verge on the edge
of being a little bias. The same reporter wrote up on the match in League Weekly it was identical word for word albeit with a different headline which reads "ROVERS DICTATE UP IN CUMBRIA" Hardly a breathtaking headline but having said that were would we read about our favourites if it wasn't for these two publications

#37 John63

John63
  • Coach
  • 124 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 09:10 PM

QUOTE (Mick H @ Mar 22 2010, 08:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If true the culprit should be ashamed of himself, but i just can't picture anyone just walking up and hitting a woman, these are strong accusations to lay without any evidence and a bit unneeded on here. Did we win or something because everytime we do opposition fans pop up with some unfounded allegations to pee on the party. I once hit a woman, but she was stood behind the bloke i meant to hit, she just got in the way when he ducked, it wasnt aimed at her, do you not think this could be something similar? If at all true? I don't know any Fev lads who would let something like that go unpunished if they saw it, let alone do it.

As I say I am only stipulating that accusations like this are for the victim (if any)to report it to the club and things like this get ###### for tat when brought to the attention on a forum so as for me it is my last word

#38 barrowtilidie

barrowtilidie
  • Coach
  • 2,141 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 09:29 PM

The idiot ( the guy who hit the woman) was trying to hit a youngish lad, and she was next to him an hit her, but i didnt see it so dont know how bad it was, heard a few bad reports bout your 'fans' though.
Hope this idiot stays away in future

#39 Raider94

Raider94
  • Coach
  • 292 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 10:30 PM

QUOTE (lorne mosley. @ Mar 22 2010, 05:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
And the female steward who entered the coach and removed the keys was commiting theft from a vehicle .... even the police have to ask permission from the driver to enter the coach

So the biggest offence was ?

jog on and dream of memories pat

Sour Grapes wink.gif

Tom Heighton

#40 sidnee

sidnee
  • Coach
  • 3,964 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 12:17 AM

QUOTE (fozzy3 @ Mar 22 2010, 06:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
just hope barrow draw fev in the nrc cup

Thought we were out of it? huh.gif