Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Fev in a false table position says a leigh fan

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#1 keith

keith
  • Coach
  • 232 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 05:59 PM

Just found this on a rlfans.com topic from a guy/girl called snowy sayin this laugh.gif rolleyes.gif

http://forums.rlfans...p?f=15&t=449796

#2 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,771 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 06:10 PM

Bit rich coming from a Leigh supporter.

IMHO they're in a false position too. Should be in Division Three. laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

#3 Matt J

Matt J
  • 7,712 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 06:23 PM

RLFans is terrible anyway, Is there anyone on here with a basic understanding of psychology? can any of them explain to me why its cool to quote what people have said about you in your signature?

Cummins Out.

#4 Mick H

Mick H
  • Coach
  • 586 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 06:39 PM

Don't bite to it guys. I like it when they underestimate us. They had their day and caught us out and got lucky before we had time to gel as a team. Now we are a team, the team to beat, so bring em on!

#5 K.Loxton

K.Loxton
  • Coach
  • 1,386 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 06:41 PM

QUOTE (keith @ Mar 22 2010, 05:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Just found this on a rlfans.com topic from a guy/girl called snowy sayin this laugh.gif rolleyes.gif

http://forums.rlfans...p?f=15&t=449796

All Leigh fans will be judging Fev on is our poor performance at their place in the NRC..........I haven't got a clue what went wrong that day with our overall play but since that loss we've turned it around and we look fantastic at the mo! Leigh better watch out on the 9th May because Fev are coming to town and we want revenge biggrin.gif

Edited by K.Loxton, 22 March 2010 - 06:42 PM.

No matter what the result, always a true Fev fan.
"COME ON LADS MAKE US PROUD"

#6 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 9,951 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 06:48 PM

Like I've just said on their forum Karen, braging rights half way through March means nowt - but the back of this weeks League express isn't half nice reading all the same!!!!

QUOTE (Matt J @ Mar 22 2010, 06:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
RLFans is terrible anyway,

Agreed, it's cak!!! And those that run it, tb in particular, I wouldn't pass the time of day with. (Best I can do cos I really wanted to let rip with those - family forum n'all that)!!!

Edited by Robin Evans, 22 March 2010 - 06:48 PM.

"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

#7 Phil Loxton

Phil Loxton
  • Coach
  • 1,622 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 07:02 PM

What is a false position P3 W3 D0 L0 Speaks for itself. I can't blame teams for going all out for the dreaded bonus points as did Sheffield last season but it is such teams that may be in a false position if and when they finish higher than a team with more wins. And once again no one on here is suggesting that we are champions elect. NOT YET ANYWAY. We don't want to go down the Halifax road as of last season.

#8 Bob Fowler

Bob Fowler

The Future Is Bright

• Coach
  • 7,738 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 07:25 PM

Still a long way to go but fans shouldn't be bothered about what other fans might think. We have seen in this competition that there are always teams capable of beating each other. Still we have started well and I hope we keep it up. but it is a long hard
season ahead of us. Just keep the faith

Edited by Bob Fowler, 22 March 2010 - 07:26 PM.

To be a ROVER is a privilege not to be taken lightly, with fans like ours, we will always be honoured.

#9 Matt J

Matt J
  • 7,712 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 08:21 PM

Love how my post has been deleted laugh.gif guess they dont like the term 'RLFannies'

Cummins Out.

#10 Steve Slater

Steve Slater
  • Coach
  • 1,856 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 09:14 PM

Daryl admitted he messed up against Leigh, probably because they got beaten by York the week before? He obviously didnt rate them and rested the backbone of his pack to give the loan players a try out. Credit to the guy though, he held his hands up and admitted his mistake, saying he wouldn't repeat it. Even after his mistake, I wouldn't swap him for Ian Millward, or any other!
We slipped up against Leigh because we underestimated them. I wonder if they will underestimate us and rest players when we play them next? I doubt it very much!

#11 gary high

gary high
  • Coach
  • 1,515 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 09:36 PM

On Saturdays form I would say you are where you belong.............Don't get to comfortable though wink.gif

#12 BirstallDog

BirstallDog
  • Coach
  • 753 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 10:32 PM

Featherstone are not in any false postion
In my opinion they are a very good solid team, and well done.
there was not a Bulldogs supporter or player at post office road that expected what we got when we played you.

#13 PJT

PJT
  • Coach
  • 4,338 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 10:48 PM

We can laugh and mock but the lad is entitled to his opinion. It was only a month ago people on our very own forum were saying we were certs for relegation and we should all be worried.

Before Barrow, a lot of people said we would get beat (and I agreed with them), in reply a few disagreed with the doubters for not supporting the team................ (Vic Johnson and Strato I think?), I thought they were being overly optimistic but they were proved to be right in the end. biggrin.gif

So what if he says we are in a false position? I would say the same.... as I would if after 3 games we were propping up the table!

Look at WACCOE, Leeds beat Man Utd and they are the best team in the world, now after 3 wins in 14 or whatever, its all about Bates out, Grayson out, Beckford is a ******** etc.

I read rflfans every now and again... yes there is some daft stuff said but there is plenty of cr()p spouted on these forums too! smile.gif

#14 Steve Smith

Steve Smith
  • Coach
  • 461 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 09:19 AM

QUOTE (BirstallDog @ Mar 23 2010, 10:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Featherstone are not in any false postion
In my opinion they are a very good solid team, and well done.
there was not a Bulldogs supporter or player at post office road that expected what we got when we played you.

I can't imagine there were too many Rovers fans that expected it either, I know I didn't. We all want our teams to win, but to be confident they are going to is a different matter.

#15 oldrover

oldrover
  • Coach
  • 6,033 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 09:33 AM

some of us have been around too long to go overboard, whether things are going good or bad. what i look for is a pointer to how the coach is handling things. if there are problems, does he identify them and put things right. in this area i think things are looking good, and it gives me confidence for the future that when things go wrong, as they surely will, they will be sorted.
joe mullaney is a god
the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

Posted Image

#16 Phil Loxton

Phil Loxton
  • Coach
  • 1,622 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 04:14 PM

QUOTE (oldrover @ Mar 24 2010, 09:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
some of us have been around too long to go overboard, whether things are going good or bad. what i look for is a pointer to how the coach is handling things. if there are problems, does he identify them and put things right. in this area i think things are looking good, and it gives me confidence for the future that when things go wrong, as they surely will, they will be sorted.
Youv'e hit the nail on the head "oldrover" I too have noticed this trait with Daryl Powell, he sees the game from a supporters point of view. He tries to iron out any problems as soon as the next game. He won't let problems prevail too long and is quick to change things around as he did with Finn and Kain and now he uses these players to the best of their abilities.He recognised his own mistakes with the side he put out at Leigh they weren't bad players but some were probably used to the wrong effect and he quickly realised this and look at the result.

#17 Vic Johnson

Vic Johnson
  • Coach
  • 631 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 06:04 PM

One of the things which gives me confidence this year, is the work done by the coaching and support staff. Daryl and Ryan virtually live at the club. They are constantly discussing games and tactics. Dave Downs spends hours making sure that the players work out properly and that their fitness is up to scratch. Rob the conditioiner and Carl and others who look after the health of the team are dedicated to make us the best. This season there is an all round team effort with a real will to win. Even Mary plays her part in feeding the team well. Daryl, I think expects nothing more than he gives and the team can see that he gives a lot. Look how we played Barrow for 80 minutes with energy to spare. Yes, it's a long season but if the team carry on with the spirit they have at the moment I think we will go all the way.
Featherstone Rovers-a Super league club in waiting. It's time to let us in.

#18 Bob Crowther

Bob Crowther
  • Coach
  • 2,661 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 06:11 PM

Yes, we have a terrible team, a shocking coach and fans who do not care a s**t. This is a post as silly as the Leigh comment. Looking forward to meeting you in our next fixture.

#19 Vic Johnson

Vic Johnson
  • Coach
  • 631 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 06:15 PM

QUOTE (Bob Crowther @ Mar 24 2010, 06:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yes, we have a terrible team, a shocking coach and fans who do not care a s**t. This is a post as silly as the Leigh comment. Looking forward to meeting you in our next fixture.

Exactly. I couldn't put it better myself Bob. Anyway, I'm off to the reserves game now.
Featherstone Rovers-a Super league club in waiting. It's time to let us in.

#20 Phil Loxton

Phil Loxton
  • Coach
  • 1,622 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 06:49 PM

QUOTE (Vic Johnson @ Mar 24 2010, 06:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
One of the things which gives me confidence this year, is the work done by the coaching and support staff. Daryl and Ryan virtually live at the club. They are constantly discussing games and tactics. Dave Downs spends hours making sure that the players work out properly and that their fitness is up to scratch. Rob the conditioiner and Carl and others who look after the health of the team are dedicated to make us the best. This season there is an all round team effort with a real will to win. Even Mary plays her part in feeding the team well. Daryl, I think expects nothing more than he gives and the team can see that he gives a lot. Look how we played Barrow for 80 minutes with energy to spare. Yes, it's a long season but if the team carry on with the spirit they have at the moment I think we will go all the way.

A team behind a team eh vic! And a BOD behind the team thats behind the team.Its like the Oscars. But seriously it does seem that everyone are pulling together at the club. Someone let the people of FEV know.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users