Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Haggerty

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 wings beneath my feet

wings beneath my feet
  • Coach
  • 1,161 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 12:04 PM

so serious that they feel they have to go outside the Match Review Panels's grading of grade C

4 match ban and a whooping 50 quid fine

http://www.therfl.co...tem.php?id=1678

the Panel consider that such offence is a Grade C offence (Strikes with hand, arm or shoulder forearm - intentional). Then they decide to go outside the grading for punishment to give a whole 4 match ban - but as Haggerty's boss said "Totally out of character for this player who is remorseful and totally gutted at his actions."

Of course he is - he got caught this time!!!! wacko.gif wacko.gif wacko.gif

#2 Johnny Rocco

Johnny Rocco
  • Coach
  • 308 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 12:03 AM

QUOTE (wings beneath my feet @ Mar 24 2010, 12:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
so serious that they feel they have to go outside the Match Review Panels's grading of grade C

4 match ban and a whooping 50 quid fine

http://www.therfl.co...tem.php?id=1678

the Panel consider that such offence is a Grade C offence (Strikes with hand, arm or shoulder forearm - intentional). Then they decide to go outside the grading for punishment to give a whole 4 match ban - but as Haggerty's boss said "Totally out of character for this player who is remorseful and totally gutted at his actions."

Of course he is - he got caught this time!!!! wacko.gif wacko.gif wacko.gif

Don't be stupid if he had done anything like this before it would have been spotted by the cameras or opposition teams would have made a complaint.

It doesn't really matter the length of his ban anyway cos he's ruptured his anterior cruciate ligament and is out for the season.

#3 Eagletarian

Eagletarian
  • Coach
  • 4,587 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 12:42 AM

I've spotted a cert here, Johnny Rocco and Haggerty are genetically linked....Lets hope they both have a speedy recovery so we can play fairly against him once again, thus expecting that he may learn that we don't applaud cheats and that we uphold the real value of the game, where thuggery is not acceptable..........
Rugby League should be the opiate of the people (Marks not in Las Palmas)

Posted Image

#4 Eagleraider

Eagleraider
  • 3,607 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 08:44 AM

thuggery is not acceptable..........

here here and the fact that he is out for the season also means his 4 match ban won't start until next season, so he may possibly learn that it does not pay to be so violent.

Edited by Eagleraider, 26 March 2010 - 08:44 AM.

Semper In Facaebus Summus Sole Profundum Veriat

#5 Johnny Rocco

Johnny Rocco
  • Coach
  • 308 posts

Posted 27 March 2010 - 09:25 AM

QUOTE (Eagletarian @ Mar 26 2010, 12:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I've spotted a cert here, Johnny Rocco and Haggerty are genetically linked....Lets hope they both have a speedy recovery so we can play fairly against him once again, thus expecting that he may learn that we don't applaud cheats and that we uphold the real value of the game, where thuggery is not acceptable..........

I haven't once defended what Haggy done, it was wrong and he got done for it. END OF.

If you want to carry on and call him a dirty player for ONE incident in a 11 year playing career thats fine. How do you feel about players spitting at other players BTW?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users