Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

reserves

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 FEV-KT87

FEV-KT87
  • Coach
  • 1,306 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 01:25 PM

a close run thing then........ 74-16 oh my lol rolleyes.gif
YOU CANT CRUSH PRIDE!!!!

A season dedicated to Gareth John Swift

League winners 2010

#2 andyc

andyc
  • Coach
  • 367 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 01:49 PM

great win i think the first team is rubbing off on them . ZAK THE FULL BACK MUST BE WORTH A PLACE 4 OR 5 TRYS AND PACE TO BURN , LOOKS LIKE THE OLD PLAYER COLLINS
ROVERS ROVERS

WatchED Rovers since 74-75 seasons,as mad about rovers 35 years on(the wife thinks i,m mad).
ROVERS ROVERS

#3 Chris Taylor

Chris Taylor
  • Coach
  • 7,726 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 01:55 PM

QUOTE (andyc @ Mar 25 2010, 02:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
great win i think the first team is rubbing off on them . ZAK THE FULL BACK MUST BE WORTH A PLACE 4 OR 5 TRYS AND PACE TO BURN , LOOKS LIKE THE OLD PLAYER COLLINS
ROVERS ROVERS

Steve Collins - was a terrific full back, if Zak can be as a good as Steve, then he won't stay here long.
2008 RFL Wakefield & District Young Volunteer of the Year

#4 DMS

DMS
  • Coach
  • 1,128 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 02:08 PM

I wouldn't like to denigrate the other players or put undue pressure on him, but last night was like the "Zak Hardaker show". This kid has everything and has the RL world at his feet. Quicker than C Bibb, positionally as good as Collins, excellent tackler, goal kicker and he joins the line in just the right places. As Robin said "is there nowt he can't do". His display last night reminded me of Pearson when he used to dominate "A" team games.
"FEVVED UP AND RARING TO GO"

#5 Phil Stone

Phil Stone
  • Coach
  • 3,836 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 02:14 PM

The scoreline was probably skewed by the fact that York only had 15 players and we had about 25, that said Zak was outstanding and looks ready to play in the first team when required.
As for him leaving, it probably will happen at some point in the future but no doubt when he does leave he will lose some of the flair he has once he's moulded into a SL player.

#6 Matt J

Matt J
  • 7,712 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 02:33 PM

Get him on a 5 year deal immediately then.

Cummins Out.

#7 POR

POR
  • Coach
  • 143 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 10:46 AM

QUOTE (Phil Stone @ Mar 25 2010, 02:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The scoreline was probably skewed by the fact that York only had 15 players and we had about 25,

that's true but the scoreline was 44 6 at half time york scoring just before the end of the half where rovers had only used 1 sub and to be fair the subs in the second half disrupted the team and they didn't play as well as the first
so please give the lads some credit for their performance and dont use the opponents failings as an excuse!

#8 Phil Stone

Phil Stone
  • Coach
  • 3,836 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 11:44 AM

QUOTE (POR @ Mar 26 2010, 10:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
that's true but the scoreline was 44 6 at half time york scoring just before the end of the half where rovers had only used 1 sub and to be fair the subs in the second half disrupted the team and they didn't play as well as the first
so please give the lads some credit for their performance and dont use the opponents failings as an excuse!

Apologies. You are correct and they do deserve a lot of credit but asking most of the 15 players, some with knocks to go the full 80 didn't help their cause. I've said and I will repeat it on here, I think we will win the reserve title this season because every player is fighting for a first team start and unlike a few years ago, if they are good enough they will be given a chance.

#9 Steve Slater

Steve Slater
  • Coach
  • 1,896 posts

Posted 27 March 2010 - 10:07 PM

If Hardacre and one or two others look good enough for the first team, it may be a good idea to play them against Warrington, because it is a match we wouldn't be expected to win and would therefore have nothing to lose. If he or any of the others play a blinder we will know they are ready and it won't be such a risk throwing them in for future league games.
Failing that, there's only Toulouse on 22nd.April or Keighley on 16th.May where you might possibly risk changing a winning side- all the other games look far too tough!

#10 Bob Crowther

Bob Crowther
  • Coach
  • 2,661 posts

Posted 27 March 2010 - 11:20 PM

You do not, or should not, change a settled, winning team unless injuries dictate otherwise.

#11 Phil Stone

Phil Stone
  • Coach
  • 3,836 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 05:39 AM

If DP plays Zak he should name him as A.N.OTHER and make him wear a face mask so if he does have a blinder the SL big boys won't know who he is! biggrin.gif