Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Random internet link of the day

• Please log in to reply
926 replies to this topic

#41 voteronniegibbs

voteronniegibbs
  • Coach
  • 11,136 posts

Posted 22 May 2010 - 08:40 PM

QUOTE (ckn @ May 22 2010, 01:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

who hasn't wanted to chuck their phone in a drink though at some point biggrin.gif

#42 ckn

ckn
  • Admin
  • 16,841 posts

Posted 01 June 2010 - 10:38 AM

Arguing with the forum trolls is like playing chess with a pigeon.  No matter how good you are, the bird will **** on the board and strut around like it won anyway

#43 voteronniegibbs

voteronniegibbs
  • Coach
  • 11,136 posts

Posted 06 June 2010 - 03:03 AM

QUOTE (ckn @ Jun 1 2010, 11:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

what every growing boy really wants biggrin.gif

#44 DiH68

DiH68
  • Coach
  • 2,165 posts

Posted 06 June 2010 - 06:07 AM

QUOTE (ckn @ Mar 30 2010, 05:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I did plan to post about one a day but this one just had to break the trend.

biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif Certainly made my day biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

I've only just come across this thread, and that is fantastic. I love the presenter's tone and questions too. Genius laugh.gif . Certainly brightened up my day biggrin.gif laugh.gif

#45 ckn

ckn
  • Admin
  • 16,841 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 09:33 AM

The five most ridiculous Westboro Baptist Church music videos

This is firmly in the WTF category!

Arguing with the forum trolls is like playing chess with a pigeon.  No matter how good you are, the bird will **** on the board and strut around like it won anyway

#46 ckn

ckn
  • Admin
  • 16,841 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 07:58 AM

A world cup preview for (and by) those who don't care

smile.gif

#47 ckn

ckn
  • Admin
  • 16,841 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 09:25 AM

Still on the world cup theme: The 100 Hottest Female Football Fans

You may just guess the content by the title. If your employer allows you to look at women in bikinis and skimpy clothing then it's safe for work, if not then it's not biggrin.gif

#48 ckn

ckn
  • Admin
  • 16,841 posts

Posted 15 June 2010 - 09:01 AM

Well timed sport photos. smile.gif

#49 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 20,411 posts

Posted 15 June 2010 - 12:51 PM

QUOTE (ckn @ Jun 15 2010, 10:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No.7 biggrin.gif

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

#50 voteronniegibbs

voteronniegibbs
  • Coach
  • 11,136 posts

Posted 15 June 2010 - 03:39 PM

QUOTE (Futtocks @ Jun 15 2010, 01:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No.7 biggrin.gif

is Margaret Rutherford in her sporty gal around town times

#51 ckn

ckn
  • Admin
  • 16,841 posts

Posted 18 June 2010 - 09:18 AM

Today's link is on religion:

Objective: Ministries 4 kidz with such handy advice as what you should do if you meet an Atheist, why you should pity a Hindu, startling new evidence that Neanderthals are actually humans with abnormal bone growth and Hopsiah the Kanga-Jew.

Also, a nice article by Paley on how kangaroos got to Australia (link) biggrin.gif

And, yes, this is meant to be a serious site. dry.gif

#52 Millman

Millman
  • Banned
  • 4,306 posts

Posted 18 June 2010 - 09:45 AM

QUOTE (ckn @ Jun 18 2010, 09:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Today's link is on religion:

Objective: Ministries 4 kidz with such handy advice as what you should do if you meet an Atheist, why you should pity a Hindu, startling new evidence that Neanderthals are actually humans with abnormal bone growth and Hopsiah the Kanga-Jew.

Also, a nice article by Paley on how kangaroos got to Australia (link) biggrin.gif

And, yes, this is meant to be a serious site. dry.gif

That Sir, is spectacularly brilliant. I could read that all day if I didn't have a lot of work to get through!

The Internet was created by the United States of America - a Christian nation [ref. 1, 2, 3] - and should not be used to spread anti-Christian, secular, or non-Christian propaganda and hatespeech. This is our Internet, and we should exercise our position as its owners and as the guardians of civilization to stop its misuse.

Edited by Millman, 18 June 2010 - 09:49 AM.

#53 Exiled Townie

Exiled Townie
  • Coach
  • 3,334 posts

Posted 18 June 2010 - 10:52 AM

"If you find an Atheist in your neighborhood,
TELL A PARENT OR PASTOR RIGHT AWAY!

You may be moved to try and help
these poor lost souls yourself, however
AVOID TALKING TO THEM!

Atheists are often very grumpy and bitter and will lash out at children,
or they may even try to trick you into neglecting God's Word."

Thank you ckn for bringing this to my attention, I'm off on an atheist hunt straight away.

Jamfree.gifth_jasmax001.jpglaughingstock.jpg
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." G.Orwell.
St Albans Centurions Website & St Albans Centurions Photo Site

#54 gingerjon

gingerjon
  • Coach
  • 29,141 posts

Posted 18 June 2010 - 10:54 AM

QUOTE (Exiled Townie @ Jun 18 2010, 11:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thank you ckn for bringing this to my attention, I'm off on an atheist hunt straight away.

You'll find none of those types in Hertfordshire.
Cheer up, RL is actually rather good
- Severus, July 2012

#55 gingerjon

gingerjon
  • Coach
  • 29,141 posts

Posted 18 June 2010 - 10:56 AM

QUOTE (Millman @ Jun 18 2010, 10:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That Sir, is spectacularly brilliant. I could read that all day if I didn't have a lot of work to get through!

Likewise.

Although my work for the rest of the day may now be abandoned.

EDIT
Professor, what are fossils?

Is this really above board?

Edited by gingerjon, 18 June 2010 - 10:58 AM.

Cheer up, RL is actually rather good
- Severus, July 2012

#56 amh

amh
  • 11,085 posts

Posted 18 June 2010 - 11:42 AM

Excuse me while I go on my first Mall Mission and sort this lot out

Mall Walkers

Perhaps the saddest of the bunch, senior citizens who have been abandoned by their Secularized family and youth-orientated Secular jobs who spend all their time circling malls under the deluded pretense of getting exercise. While they tend to not purchase things, they have still been indoctrinated to think that there is no other place for them to go in their twilight years except the Temple of Secular Consumerism. Let them know that instead of being Mall Walkers, they can be Church Walkers! Your Church can offer these pathetic and lonely people much more comfort than the cold, heartless mall can.

Whilst I do not suffer fools gladly, I will always gladly make fools suffer

A man is getting along on the road of wisdom when he realises that his opinion is just an opinion

#57 Exiled Townie

Exiled Townie
  • Coach
  • 3,334 posts

Posted 18 June 2010 - 12:11 PM

Curse you, ckn (shakes fist), I can't get away from this site, it's so full of useful info and tips.
Anyone got to the origami section yet?

"Make a nail just like the ones used by the Romans to crucify Our Lord. A thought-provoking project that will impress upon your children the suffering that Jesus went through on their behalf. Makes a great Christmas ornament! Caution: Pointy edges. Not for children under 5.
Requires: 1 sheet of paper or card, scissors, scoring tool, glue or tape."

Jamfree.gifth_jasmax001.jpglaughingstock.jpg
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." G.Orwell.
St Albans Centurions Website & St Albans Centurions Photo Site

#58 ckn

ckn
  • Admin
  • 16,841 posts

Posted 18 June 2010 - 12:18 PM

QUOTE (Exiled Townie @ Jun 18 2010, 01:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Curse you, ckn (shakes fist), I can't get away from this site, it's so full of useful info and tips.
Anyone got to the origami section yet?

"Make a nail just like the ones used by the Romans to crucify Our Lord. A thought-provoking project that will impress upon your children the suffering that Jesus went through on their behalf. Makes a great Christmas ornament! Caution: Pointy edges. Not for children under 5.
Requires: 1 sheet of paper or card, scissors, scoring tool, glue or tape."

I thought the not-so-suggestive kids' artwork was a "highlight" linky. The artwork is disturbing on so many levels...

#59 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 20,411 posts

Posted 18 June 2010 - 12:27 PM

QUOTE (ckn @ Jun 18 2010, 01:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I thought the not-so-suggestive kids' artwork was a "highlight" linky. The artwork is disturbing on so many levels...

I never knew our Lord and Saviour looked this crazy...

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

#60 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 20,411 posts

Posted 18 June 2010 - 12:34 PM

I'm enjoying the game reviews.

"The ubiquity of Tetris is also because it is highly addictive. Its repetitive gameplay and use of a repetitive Russian folk tune causes players to slip into a hypnagogic state, making them receptive to the Communistic themes inherent in the game imagery (everyone is an unindividualistic block that must be made to fit together in Soviet conformity, and sometimes whole lines of people are made to disappear without any explanation). This is intentional, since, like all work done by the Soviet Academy of Science where Tetris was developed, it was part of secret military research"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users