Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

toulouse game. Not a foregone conclusion

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 10,038 posts

Posted 19 April 2010 - 05:36 AM

is it just me?
There is a good deal to be positive about at rovers at the mo and we are justifyably top. But i was listening to some predictions of slaughter of the french teams yesterday akin to 1815! Yesterday will have taken a lot out of the lads and toulouse can't be treated without respect - as widnes fans will attest.
I've got as many nerves about thursday as i have had about any other game this season.
Does anyone know if the french team has stayed over here or returned 'en france'? And is thursday def on, cos
looking at the flight schedule getting here by plane looks doubtful.

"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

#2 Vic Johnson

Vic Johnson
  • Coach
  • 631 posts

Posted 19 April 2010 - 05:53 AM

I think one of the positives this season is the way DP does not take victory for granted. The team he put out yesterday was just right and the 'resting' players will be vital on Thursday. I also think that if we can come out on top against Toulouse it give a massive confidence boost to the team for the rest of the season. Yes, you are right, we can't sit back and relax yet.
Featherstone Rovers-a Super league club in waiting. It's time to let us in.

#3 snake1985

snake1985
  • 1,102 posts

Posted 19 April 2010 - 06:06 AM

toulouse can come on coach, they did for saints game. Most games this season they have tired after about 60 mins, lets hope thats the case this week!
Posted Image

#4 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 10,038 posts

Posted 19 April 2010 - 06:29 AM

i realise they 'can' come by coach, i just wondered if was confirmed that they 'would'!
Looks like some airlines are now back in operation so this point might be a fait accompli by thursday!

This is the best it's felt watching rovers in many a year! I just wished for our first (and so far only) scheduled telly game, we could have had a club likely to bring a few more fans with them!
However, this is the hand we're dealt.
Up to us to provide the atmos!

#5 Mark Ashton

Mark Ashton
  • Coach
  • 2,804 posts

Posted 19 April 2010 - 06:34 AM

Lets hope its like yesterday, with loads of the new fans coming to the game

#6 Vic Johnson

Vic Johnson
  • Coach
  • 631 posts

Posted 19 April 2010 - 06:35 AM

There were faces at Warrington I hadn't seen before, perhaps word is getting round that we are the only West Yorkshire team worth supporting now.
Featherstone Rovers-a Super league club in waiting. It's time to let us in.

#7 Ovo

Ovo
  • Coach
  • 1,020 posts

Posted 19 April 2010 - 07:57 AM

You are right Robin, we need to be ont he ball for this one. So proud of the boys yesterday, and I do think those that played will take a lot of confidence from the game. We will need to freshen things up, so I would expect Saxton, Coady, Lee, Tonks and Field to all feature on Thursday.

I think Daryl got the selection for yesterday spot on as usual. What confidence will Hardaker and Sheriffe have got our of that, and did it weaken the team? Not a jot.

Bring on Thursday, I cannot wait!
Anything I post is a personal opinion

#8 Phil Stone

Phil Stone
  • Coach
  • 3,836 posts

Posted 19 April 2010 - 08:13 AM

Sadly i'm working so I won't be there but the game will go ahead because it's on Sky and they will do what it takes, even if Murdoch has to buy the ash cloud and divert it, such is the strangle hold he has on our sport.

As for the result, we will win because the crowd will see the players through any aches and pains they have.

#9 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 10,038 posts

Posted 19 April 2010 - 08:35 AM

QUOTE (Ovo @ Apr 19 2010, 08:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You are right Robin, we need to be ont he ball for this one. So proud of the boys yesterday, and I do think those that played will take a lot of confidence from the game. We will need to freshen things up, so I would expect Saxton, Coady, Lee, Tonks and Field to all feature on Thursday.

I think Daryl got the selection for yesterday spot on as usual. What confidence will Hardaker and Sheriffe have got our of that, and did it weaken the team? Not a jot.

Bring on Thursday, I cannot wait!

The final analysis of the warrington team selection will be known Thursday at about 9.10pm! But I do concede that the team was hardly weakend yesterday by the presence of Jodi and Zak!
Talking to Andy Prout before the Sheffield game. It is apparent how 'nervous' we all get befor a game now. A different nervousness to an average season or fighting relegation. This feels like genuine apprehension - and I suppose when you're at the top looking over your shoulder comes with the territory.
I just hope that those who played yesterday have another full tank on Thursday because I don't think it will be easy!
Nervous??? Not half!

#10 ROVERS83

ROVERS83
  • Coach
  • 2,085 posts

Posted 19 April 2010 - 12:41 PM

we wont be complacement daryl wont let it happen- we seem to be so focussed this season (mainly) and the togetherness of the squasd is shining through
is there life beyond fev--- andy thorpe

#11 stuart56

stuart56
  • Coach
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 19 April 2010 - 03:28 PM

QUOTE (Robin Evans @ Apr 19 2010, 06:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
is it just me?
There is a good deal to be positive about at rovers at the mo and we are justifyably top. But i was listening to some predictions of slaughter of the french teams yesterday akin to 1815! Yesterday will have taken a lot out of the lads and toulouse can't be treated without respect - as widnes fans will attest.
I've got as many nerves about thursday as i have had about any other game this season.
Does anyone know if the french team has stayed over here or returned 'en france'? And is thursday def on, cos
looking at the flight schedule getting here by plane looks doubtful.

I don't think either DP or the players will take this one lightly. We won in Toulouse last year mainly because their general Nathan Wynn had to be substituted early in the game and then when it looked like we could finish nearly at the top of the league they came over and bloodied our nose at home.

I should imagine they must be staying here otherwise its 15 hours down and 15 hours back for two, possibly three, days in Toulouse.
< - Always remember, without experiencing the lows you don't really appreciate the highs - >

#12 Cruncher

Cruncher
  • Coach
  • 123 posts

Posted 19 April 2010 - 08:03 PM

I'd be happy to see a scrappy 1 point win on Thursday. We've been treated to some champagne stuff recently and I just get the feeling to push on this season we may need to tough it out in a tight arm-wrestle against Toulouse.

On the other hand we might just tan their backsides wink.gif

#13 Phil Loxton

Phil Loxton
  • Coach
  • 1,630 posts

Posted 19 April 2010 - 08:11 PM

QUOTE (Vic Johnson @ Apr 19 2010, 07:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
There were faces at Warrington I hadn't seen before, perhaps word is getting round that we are the only West Yorkshire team worth supporting now.

No I did'nt recognise any of the Warrington fans either Vic laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

#14 Bob Crowther

Bob Crowther
  • Coach
  • 2,661 posts

Posted 19 April 2010 - 08:39 PM

We have now got the "big" match out of the way with all the hype. Let the lads now concentrate on the most important issue such as the Championship. It can only be onwards and upwards from this week.
Lets get into their ribs on Thursday.

#15 Mr Hammond

Mr Hammond
  • Coach
  • 191 posts

Posted 19 April 2010 - 09:46 PM

QUOTE (stuart56 @ Apr 19 2010, 04:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I should imagine they must be staying here otherwise its 15 hours down and 15 hours back for two, possibly three, days in Toulouse.

According to their website they have travelled back and arrived in Toulouse at 2 this morning. Looks like it's taken them about 24 hours to get back, apparently straight on the coach Saturday night. Can't see them wanting to travel back by coach for Thursday, Sky or not.
Pure Green Heaven, Hammonds Mint Sauce

#16 Matt J

Matt J
  • 7,712 posts

Posted 19 April 2010 - 09:49 PM

QUOTE (Mr Hammond @ Apr 19 2010, 10:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
According to their website they have travelled back and arrived in Toulouse at 2 this morning. Looks like it's taken them about 24 hours to get back, apparently straight on the coach Saturday night. Can't see them wanting to travel back by coach for Thursday, Sky or not.

If they have the means to get here and don't turn up, wouldn't that be a forfeit?

Cummins Out.

#17 Stratobill

Stratobill
  • Coach
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 19 April 2010 - 11:26 PM

forfeit! Bout as much chance of that happening as fev getting a penalty try or a volcano erupting causing a no fly zone across europe. biggrin.gif Erm hang on, have we entered the Twilight Zone? Still wont happen
Are We Human, Or Are We Rovers. Our time For Winning Is Here And Now, So Be Loud N Proud, Lets Hear You Singing, Are We Human, Or Are Rovers. They Play With Style And Virtue, Put Their Bodys On The Line, Always Battling For The Victory, They Always Did The Best They Could, Sing Out For Fev Rovers, Blue N White Is All We Know. Stand Up Proud. Swell Your Heart. You Gotta Let Them Know, Are We Human, No We Are Rovers