• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

#1 Tommy The C5t

Tommy The C5t
  • Coach
  • 13,479 posts

Posted 19 April 2010 - 11:19 PM

Is this taking place again this year?

If so I do hope that Gary Hetherington allows a Bradford 9s side to participate.

Plus Hull FC have the right to defend their trophy cool.gif

Edited by Tommy The C5t, 28 May 2010 - 04:06 PM.

#2 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 13,126 posts

Posted 19 April 2010 - 11:22 PM

Hull FC will no doubt sweep all before them as in last year's tournament.

It's great when we give the kids a chance. rolleyes.gif

Lee Radford rang me the other week....I knew Hull FC were a bit desperate but I had no idea it had got that bad.

#3 voteronniegibbs

voteronniegibbs
  • Coach
  • 11,136 posts

Posted 19 April 2010 - 11:22 PM

again??

you mean we've had it before......

#4 Tommy The C5t

Tommy The C5t
  • Coach
  • 13,479 posts

Posted 19 April 2010 - 11:26 PM

QUOTE (voteronniegibbs @ Apr 20 2010, 12:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
again??

Yes 2008 (Huddersfield) & 2009 (Hull FC).

3500 at the first event and 5000 there last year, it's a grower and I hope they plan to hold one gain this year.

#5 Tommy The C5t

Tommy The C5t
  • Coach
  • 13,479 posts

Posted 19 April 2010 - 11:27 PM

QUOTE (Old Frightful @ Apr 20 2010, 12:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hull FC will no doubt sweep all before them as in last year's tournament.

It's great when we give the kids a chance. rolleyes.gif

That try from the kick-off when the hooter had gone and Leeds had thought they had won with the drop goal, was sheer magic.

#6 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 13,126 posts

Posted 19 April 2010 - 11:27 PM

QUOTE (voteronniegibbs @ Apr 20 2010, 12:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
again??

Some teams have, be nice to see Cas there this year, although I've heard Barrow are sending a squad down... tongue.gif

Lee Radford rang me the other week....I knew Hull FC were a bit desperate but I had no idea it had got that bad.

#7 Tommy The C5t

Tommy The C5t
  • Coach
  • 13,479 posts

Posted 19 April 2010 - 11:29 PM

QUOTE (Old Frightful @ Apr 20 2010, 12:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Some teams have, be nice to see Cas there this year, although I've heard Barrow are sending a squad down... tongue.gif

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif biggrin.gif

#8 TomTomGo

TomTomGo
  • Coach
  • 237 posts

Posted 19 April 2010 - 11:32 PM

It is taking place again this year.

In fact the Cheltenham 9s takes place this coming Saturday and the winners from that are guaranteed a place at Headingley in August.

I know that Warrington, Leeds, Wakefield, Sheffield and Featherstone are involved this Saturday.

#9 voteronniegibbs

voteronniegibbs
  • Coach
  • 11,136 posts

Posted 19 April 2010 - 11:33 PM

QUOTE (Old Frightful @ Apr 20 2010, 12:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

QUOTE (Tommy The C5t @ Apr 20 2010, 12:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif biggrin.gif

harumph, why I outta.... etc etc

#10 TomTomGo

TomTomGo
  • Coach
  • 237 posts

Posted 19 April 2010 - 11:36 PM

http://www.featherst...cle.php?id=1275

http://www.warringto...nham-debut-3266

#11 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 13,126 posts

Posted 19 April 2010 - 11:41 PM

QUOTE (voteronniegibbs @ Apr 20 2010, 12:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
harumph, why I outta.... etc etc

Wow...you've really got the hang of this "+ quote" thingy now haven't you.. wink.gif

#12 Tommy The C5t

Tommy The C5t
  • Coach
  • 13,479 posts

Posted 19 April 2010 - 11:42 PM

QUOTE (TomTomGo @ Apr 20 2010, 12:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It is taking place again this year.

In fact the Cheltenham 9s takes place this coming Saturday and the winners from that are guaranteed a place at Headingley in August.

I know that Warrington, Leeds, Wakefield, Sheffield and Featherstone are involved this Saturday.

Cheers Tom, I'll be there again now that I know it's taking place.

Hope you enjoy the 9s on Saturday.

#13 voteronniegibbs

voteronniegibbs
  • Coach
  • 11,136 posts

Posted 19 April 2010 - 11:47 PM

QUOTE (Old Frightful @ Apr 20 2010, 12:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wow...you've really got the hang of this "+ quote" thingy now haven't you.. wink.gif

a new day and a new toy biggrin.gif

#14 Tommy The C5t

Tommy The C5t
  • Coach
  • 13,479 posts

Posted 28 May 2010 - 04:05 PM

The winners of this year’s Carnegie Floodlit 9s will walk away with a record purse for winning the competition. The winning squad will be presented with a cheque for £10,000 which represents a 100% increase on 2009. Event Director Neal Coupland revealed that the winner-takes-all philosophy was one that the players responded to.

‘It was evident from last year’s final that players love to win and the disappointment on the faces of those that missed out was there for all to see. We want to reward success and by increasing the prize fund we will further increase the intensity of the competition.’

Last week Warrington Wolves secured their place in the Carnegie Floodlit 9s, which will be held at Headingley on Wednesday August 25th, by winning the All Golds Cup at the Cheltenham Rugby Festival. A young Warrington side wowed the South West crowd with their speed and flare. Tournament Director Lionel Hurst was thrilled with the outcome ‘ Warrington were magnificent both on and off the field and made many friends in Cheltenham, they now have their sights on winning the Carnegie Floodlit 9s as the cup winning culture develops through the club’

Warrington will take their place alongside last year’s winners Hull FC, who will defend the title they won with a last minute try against Leeds Rhinos.

In addition the winner of the ‘Rugby League’s Fastest Man’ competition will receive £1000 bringing the total fund to £11,000

#15 The Future is League

The Future is League
  • Coach
  • 6,072 posts

Posted 28 May 2010 - 07:02 PM

QUOTE (Tommy The C5t @ May 28 2010, 05:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The winners of this year’s Carnegie Floodlit 9s will walk away with a record purse for winning the competition. The winning squad will be presented with a cheque for £10,000 which represents a 100% increase on 2009. Event Director Neal Coupland revealed that the winner-takes-all philosophy was one that the players responded to.

‘It was evident from last year’s final that players love to win and the disappointment on the faces of those that missed out was there for all to see. We want to reward success and by increasing the prize fund we will further increase the intensity of the competition.’

Last week Warrington Wolves secured their place in the Carnegie Floodlit 9s, which will be held at Headingley on Wednesday August 25th, by winning the All Golds Cup at the Cheltenham Rugby Festival. A young Warrington side wowed the South West crowd with their speed and flare. Tournament Director Lionel Hurst was thrilled with the outcome ‘ Warrington were magnificent both on and off the field and made many friends in Cheltenham, they now have their sights on winning the Carnegie Floodlit 9s as the cup winning culture develops through the club’

Warrington will take their place alongside last year’s winners Hull FC, who will defend the title they won with a last minute try against Leeds Rhinos.

In addition the winner of the ‘Rugby League’s Fastest Man’ competition will receive £1000 bringing the total fund to £11,000

Wednesday 25th August. hopefully a warm evening and a good crowd, get there if you can.

#16 Tommy The C5t

Tommy The C5t
  • Coach
  • 13,479 posts

Posted 28 May 2010 - 07:07 PM

QUOTE (The Future is League @ May 28 2010, 08:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wednesday 25th August. hopefully a warm evening and a good crowd, get there if you can.

Don't worry I'll be there mate, I've been to the last two.

#17 Whacky Llama

Whacky Llama
  • Coach
  • 400 posts

Posted 28 May 2010 - 07:15 PM

Saints at taking part this year was on there website a few weeks ago.

#18 Whacky Llama

Whacky Llama
  • Coach
  • 400 posts

Posted 28 May 2010 - 07:16 PM

Saints at taking part this year was on there website a few weeks ago.

#19 Tommy The C5t

Tommy The C5t
  • Coach
  • 13,479 posts

Posted 19 June 2010 - 01:54 PM

While I've been away this has gone undetected from my Rugby League radar.

The Carnegie Floodlit 9s on Wednesday August 25 at Headingley Carnegie Stadium in Leeds will see the finest line up of 9s Rugby talent since the World 9s in Australia in 1998.

The 12 teams:

Castleford Tigers

Hull FC

Warrington Wolves

Leeds Rhinos

Wakefield Trinity Wildcats

Bradford Bulls

St Helens

Wigan Warriors

Scotland

Jamaica

Wales

Northern Rail 9s Winners

Great news that Bradford are there as it looks a much better competition than previous years.

#20 The Future is League

The Future is League
  • Coach
  • 6,072 posts

Posted 20 June 2010 - 06:27 PM

QUOTE (Tommy The C5t @ Jun 19 2010, 01:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
While I've been away this has gone undetected from my Rugby League radar.

The Carnegie Floodlit 9s on Wednesday August 25 at Headingley Carnegie Stadium in Leeds will see the finest line up of 9s Rugby talent since the World 9s in Australia in 1998.

The 12 teams:

Castleford Tigers

Hull FC

Warrington Wolves

Leeds Rhinos

Wakefield Trinity Wildcats

Bradford Bulls

St Helens

Wigan Warriors

Scotland

Jamaica

Wales

Northern Rail 9s Winners

Great news that Bradford are there as it looks a much better competition than previous years.

This event is going to get bigger and better year on year.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users