Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

O/T Melbourne storm - stripped of 2 premierships

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 petesmithfan

petesmithfan
  • Coach
  • 1,386 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 07:45 AM

Stripped of 2 premiership titles, docked all this years points, fined $500,000, have to pay back $1.1 million in prize money, for breaching the sallary cap by $1.7 million over 3 years.

They were running two sets of books and paying extra payments to players. huh.gif

Edited by petesmithfan, 22 April 2010 - 08:11 AM.

VIVA THE FEVOLUTION

#2 Phil Stone

Phil Stone
  • Coach
  • 3,836 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 08:29 AM

http://news.bbc.co.u...gue/8636565.stm

NZ were also docked 4 points from the start of this season and fined for breaching salary caps.
I hope the custodians of our game at Red Hall take notice and make sure that everything is in order in this country.

#3 F.Slater

F.Slater
  • Coach
  • 854 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 08:52 AM

QUOTE (Phil Stone @ Apr 22 2010, 09:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
http://news.bbc.co.u...gue/8636565.stm

NZ were also docked 4 points from the start of this season and fined for breaching salary caps.
I hope the custodians of our game at Red Hall take notice and make sure that everything is in order in this country.

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif Phil please dont laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif No seriously dont - your sense of humours is killng me laugh.gif laugh.gif

Red Hall take notice ? youre having a laugh !!!

Edited by F.Slater, 22 April 2010 - 08:53 AM.

Posted Image

#4 FEV-KT87

FEV-KT87
  • Coach
  • 1,306 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 08:57 AM

well red hall do copy everything our ausie cousins do.....
YOU CANT CRUSH PRIDE!!!!

A season dedicated to Gareth John Swift

League winners 2010

#5 Phil Stone

Phil Stone
  • Coach
  • 3,836 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 09:39 AM

QUOTE (F.Slater @ Apr 22 2010, 09:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif Phil please dont laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif No seriously dont - your sense of humours is killng me laugh.gif laugh.gif

Red Hall take notice ? youre having a laugh !!!

Sorry Frank, I should have posted a warning for those people who have to take it steady and not get over excited. biggrin.gif

#6 Terry Mullaney

Terry Mullaney
  • Coach
  • 1,991 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 09:42 AM

Will Celtic Crusaders be stripped of the NL2 championship for playing illegal and ineligible players? Don't think so somehow but they should have been.
Wedding Films For The Discerning by Picture House
Free Showreel DVD On Request

http://www.pictureho...ingfilms.co.uk/

#7 sidnee

sidnee
  • Coach
  • 3,964 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 10:53 AM

QUOTE (Terry Mullaney @ Apr 22 2010, 10:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Will Celtic Crusaders be stripped of the NL2 championship for playing illegal and ineligible players? Don't think so somehow but they should have been.

Think that just reiterates Franks comments above Terry.

They won't harm any of their 'special' teams, just the ones who have been around for a few decades or so!!! mad.gif
The weak conform, the strong survive.

#8 Bob Crowther

Bob Crowther
  • Coach
  • 2,661 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 12:03 PM

At the risk of bringing the wrath of the rugby world down upon my head, I think that we have been and still are, influenced by the game down under. The England team manager visiting Oz in order to learn where our game is going wrong. Suggestions that we have two refs, following them regarding play round the ruck ect to be finally rounded off by the influx of Aussie players. We have no chance of acheiving honours whilst we are accepting the easy fix of imports instead of nurturing our players. Our basic sports system does not help the cause. Down under they commence rugby classes and gradings as young as six years old, unlike our system where teams appear to be made up of cousins, son in laws and other family connections, plus antipodeans.
It is not only our game that is affected this way, as the majority of main sports are ruled by the adage "not what you know, but who".
Sport in general,IMO, requires a complete rethink starting at basics right through to the top.