• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 10,271 posts

Posted 25 April 2010 - 03:54 PM

Well there's nothing different to tell from todays results. Leigh playing with 12 men for about 50 mins were still 16 points better than sheffiled (no bonus point today either), Batley gave themselves too much to do in the 2nd half against widnes and Fax were 18 better than Haven - which given Haven's season so far I'm surprised they got that close - but maybe that's more to do with Fax!

So still top of the league - next installment Widnes. Rock n Roll.
"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

#2 Andrew Vause

Andrew Vause
  • Coach
  • 2,349 posts

Posted 25 April 2010 - 03:56 PM

QUOTE (Robin Evans @ Apr 25 2010, 04:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well there's nothing different to tell from todays results. Leigh playing with 12 men for about 50 mins were still 16 points better than sheffiled (no bonus point today either), Batley gave themselves too much to do in the 2nd half against widnes and Fax were 18 better than Haven - which given Haven's season so far I'm surprised they got that close - but maybe that's more to do with Fax!

So still top of the league - next installment Widnes. Rock n Roll.

you been on the rouge liquor at all mate?

#3 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 10,271 posts

Posted 25 April 2010 - 04:00 PM

I did a 7 mile walk this lunchtime and my legs won't move - I needed fluids!!!
Got a bottle of Burgundy's finest and another from Bordeau! Sorted.

and I've had Rory Gallagher giving it the blues all aft!!

Edited by Robin Evans, 25 April 2010 - 04:01 PM.

"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

#4 sidnee

sidnee
  • Coach
  • 3,964 posts

Posted 25 April 2010 - 04:36 PM

Warrington 40 Catalans 6 tells a better story wink.gif
The weak conform, the strong survive.

#5 Phil Stone

Phil Stone
  • Coach
  • 3,836 posts

Posted 25 April 2010 - 05:08 PM

Calland blaming the ref saying it was a boxing match and Whitehaven were the baddies...the more I hear him the more I detest the guy.Apparently it's where you finish the season that counts, wasn't saying that when he made his country mile speech last season.

#6 snake1985

snake1985
  • 1,102 posts

Posted 25 April 2010 - 05:41 PM

Seems Widnes had a bad 2nd half, having a massive lead credit to batley for earning a bonus point, Cant wait for widnes game.
Posted Image

#7 Mark B

Mark B
  • Coach
  • 2,218 posts

Posted 25 April 2010 - 07:00 PM

QUOTE (snake1985 @ Apr 25 2010, 06:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Seems Widnes had a bad 2nd half, having a massive lead credit to batley for earning a bonus point, Cant wait for widnes game.

Believe me you are streets ahead of Widnes , Batley didnt turn up in the 1st half and 18 nil down after 9 minutes was about as bad as it could get , you have nothing to worry about with Widnes , they are not as good as you by a 'country mile ' oh hang on rolleyes.gif rolleyes.gif
Posted Image

#8 rufustanner

rufustanner
  • Players
  • 9 posts

Posted 25 April 2010 - 07:53 PM

QUOTE (Mark B @ Apr 25 2010, 08:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Believe me you are streets ahead of Widnes , Batley didnt turn up in the 1st half and 18 nil down after 9 minutes was about as bad as it could get , you have nothing to worry about with Widnes , they are not as good as you by a 'country mile ' oh hang on rolleyes.gif rolleyes.gif

To be fair to Widnes they had the following missing:
Dave Allen
Richard Varkulis
Gareth Haggerty
Steve Pickersgill
Matt Strong
Dean Gaskell
Daniel Heckenberg
Liam Farrell
Chris Dean
Dean Thompson
Mark Smith
Thomas Coyle

Only Matt Strong and Dean Thompson wouldn't normally be in our starting seventeen. Then you also factor that two of our players today are straight from the u18s and made their debuts this week and Dave Houghton played with a broken hand. It was also a quick turnaround from Thursday night against Lezignan. Given our current predicament and Fevs form I would be happy with a bonus point on Friday (well not happy but you know what I mean).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users