Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Sack the Touch Judges from the Toulouse Game...

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Eagletarian

Eagletarian
  • Coach
  • 4,591 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 04:04 PM

I have just watched the match on Eagles TV......After the Richie Barnett try they disallowed Mich Stringers conversion.......It was clearly a goal, it hit the post and went over. What are they paid for? Not much, but they can't even get one little decision that they have to make right. That could have been the difference between them gaining a bonus point or even Eagles winning points.

Edited by Eagletarian, 19 May 2010 - 04:05 PM.

Rugby League should be the opiate of the people (Marks not in Las Palmas)

Posted Image

#2 wings beneath my feet

wings beneath my feet
  • Coach
  • 1,161 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 07:10 PM

The thing is there is no excuse for that decision and as you say that sort of decision could cost a club - any club a considerable amount - even a super league place - points difference at the end of a season - miss a play off place.
But will they get a Boll ocking not likely !

#3 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,771 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 08:29 PM

I wasn't convinced. But you can pause the footage showing the ball definitely in front of the left post. Which is conclusively a goal.

Edited by Griff, 19 May 2010 - 08:36 PM.

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

#4 Grey Beard

Grey Beard
  • Coach
  • 193 posts

Posted 20 May 2010 - 09:35 AM

Now convince me that Eagles 1st try v Batley wasn't from a forward pass by Aaron Groom.
Today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday

#5 wings beneath my feet

wings beneath my feet
  • Coach
  • 1,161 posts

Posted 20 May 2010 - 01:06 PM

QUOTE (Grey Beard @ May 20 2010, 10:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Now convince me that Eagles 1st try v Batley wasn't from a forward pass by Aaron Groom.

Lateral mate diffinately and that's allowed - well when it's us anyway cool.gif

#6 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,771 posts

Posted 21 May 2010 - 10:29 AM

Forward momentum, mate. Groom must have been three yards ahead of the receiver when the ball was caught.

#7 Grey Beard

Grey Beard
  • Coach
  • 193 posts

Posted 22 May 2010 - 08:55 PM

QUOTE (Griff @ May 21 2010, 11:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Forward momentum, mate. Groom must have been three yards ahead of the receiver when the ball was caught.

It's not where Aaron Groom was when the ball was caught I think he passed it marginally forward to Ropati but maybe as wings says it was lateral. Anyway it is all irrelevant as the ref awarded the try so let's move on.
Today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday

#8 superten

superten
  • Coach
  • 365 posts

Posted 22 May 2010 - 09:00 PM

QUOTE (Eagletarian @ May 19 2010, 05:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have just watched the match on Eagles TV......After the Richie Barnett try they disallowed Mich Stringers conversion.......It was clearly a goal, it hit the post and went over. What are they paid for? Not much, but they can't even get one little decision that they have to make right. That could have been the difference between them gaining a bonus point or even Eagles winning points.

i watched the highlights ok eagle tv with my 8 yr nephew and must stay i wasnt impressed with the first half and the swearing which could be heard every time toulouse score not the family imagine were aiming for is it surely that should have been dubbed out its a disgrace
Chief Crazy Eagle

#9 Eagleraider

Eagleraider
  • 3,607 posts

Posted 23 May 2010 - 06:10 PM

could be heard every time toulouse score not the family imagine were aiming for is it surely that should have been dubbed out its a disgrace

I think I get the gist of this..

so...

Unfortunately you will find swearing is part and parcel of a game and if you listen to many many sports you will find it present. I think a little bit of naivety is present. I have heard FAR WORSE by parents at junior soccer matches and junior rugby league matches and surprisingly at girls basketball matches.

I work pitchside and quite honestly it is not something which has ever bothered me, and have heard junior school kids speak to their teachers in a far less polite manner.

I hope you don't live in a greenhouse!!

Semper In Facaebus Summus Sole Profundum Veriat

#10 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,771 posts

Posted 24 May 2010 - 08:43 PM

QUOTE (Grey Beard @ May 22 2010, 09:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It's not where Aaron Groom was when the ball was caught ...

It may not be the wording of the law but it's a damfine indicator of whether a pass is forward or not. wink.gif

#11 Eagletarian

Eagletarian
  • Coach
  • 4,591 posts

Posted 24 May 2010 - 09:20 PM

Ropati (the whippet) would make most passes look forward, he gets to a Rugby Ball faster than any other player I have seen....I reckon he took ballet lessons in his youth......Follow his example all you aspiring RL players, it makes you supple......
Rugby League should be the opiate of the people (Marks not in Las Palmas)

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users