fev v leigh

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#21 Tex Evans Thigh

Tex Evans Thigh
  • Coach
  • 1,685 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 09:58 PM

As a lot of teams play on sunday the viewing figures would suffer.

The only downside to this is the lateness of the change. Otherwise for me the TV games are great. For everyone who cant make a thursday therell be someone who cant make a sunday. The dewsbury game was poorly supported. I couldnt make some sunday games early in the season swings and roundabouts. Being on TV is only good for the game and the club.
Formerly Alistair Boyd-Meaney

fifty thousand Poouunds from Keighley...weve had im gid."

Posted Image
MIPM Project Management and Business Solutions "
Discounts available for forum members contact me for details

#22 DMS

DMS
  • Coach
  • 1,128 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 10:37 PM

QUOTE (Tex Evans Thigh @ Jun 9 2010, 10:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The only downside to this is the lateness of the change. Otherwise for me the TV games are great. For everyone who cant make a thursday therell be someone who cant make a sunday. The dewsbury game was poorly supported. I couldnt make some sunday games early in the season swings and roundabouts. Being on TV is only good for the game and the club.

Spot on Tex.
"FEVVED UP AND RARING TO GO"

#23 DemonUK

DemonUK
  • Coach
  • 308 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 01:50 PM

QUOTE (Tex Evans Thigh @ Jun 9 2010, 01:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I agree CC clubs should probably get more funding for being on TV. Do Sky contribute to the 100k prize money for the winners?

Not sure I entirely agree about the attendances. We got 2k for the Toulouse game, I doubt we would have got more on sunday. Same with Leigh, I think we will get a big crowd, some people like going when the cameras are there. Remember our game against Celtic in NL2, we got the biggest crowd of the season (admittedly with offers but they still have to come). The only downside is that Leigh fans have to travel on a week night so not as many will make it. Im sure they will still have a good turn out, its only an hour.

We have to weigh up whether we want a perceived 100 fans or so in the ground for one game or exposure on national TV. By winning on TV we may gain an extra 100 fans for the next game. I would rather take a long term view and be on TV where possible, it sells our product for us. To complain about perceived missing fans is short term thinking, and it is only perceived. We didnt play Keighley last season so cant compare but our toulouse attendance was up when shown on Sky. Thats the only fact we have for us this season.

Personally I would take TV coverage for the championship for nothing at least for a few years. It does more good than harm in my opinion.

Co-OP contribution to home side only = 4000 (must be used on ticketing initiatives I think)
SKY contribution = jack (yes they get the championship for free)

Sorry folks, no forecast comp this year

#24 Andrew Vause

Andrew Vause
  • Coach
  • 2,349 posts

Posted 15 June 2010 - 10:03 AM

QUOTE (Tex Evans Thigh @ Jun 9 2010, 10:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thursday night in theory is a better night to show live championship games however, I would love to see the viewing figures of the live match versus the viewing figures of the Darts, which Sky show concurrently on another channel. I have no evidence but gut feeling tells me that the Darts hammers the Rugby in terms of viewing popularity.

One thing SKY haver done really well is to have enhanced the popularity of Darts and 20/20 Cricket at which we have/are current World Champions.

So folks, if we don't do well in the Football World Cup, we can be satisfied that we are the top of the tree at slogging and fat blokes chucking sticks at some bristle.

Edited by Andrew Vause, 15 June 2010 - 10:04 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users