PM mark las palmas for 1 wink.gif
The weak conform, the strong survive.

#3 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 10,266 posts

Posted 12 June 2010 - 11:36 AM

they tell me it's available through those splendid chaps at Sky - tell Rupert I sent you!!! laugh.gif laugh.gif
"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

#4 Phil Stone

Phil Stone
  • Coach
  • 3,836 posts

Posted 13 June 2010 - 07:21 AM

Correct me if i'm wrong but the introduction of a French team into SL was supposed to strengthen their game in France, make their national team more competitive and give GB (now weakened by splitting it up into home nations) stronger competition in the northern hemisphere so when we play the Aussies and NZ we are better prepared.
Not working, can we have our SL place back please (for an English club)?

#5 Bob Fowler

Bob Fowler

The Future Is Bright

• Coach
  • 7,738 posts

Posted 13 June 2010 - 09:43 AM

QUOTE (Phil Stone @ Jun 13 2010, 08:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Correct me if i'm wrong but the introduction of a French team into SL was supposed to strengthen their game in France, make their national team more competitive and give GB (now weakened by splitting it up into home nations) stronger competition in the northern hemisphere so when we play the Aussies and NZ we are better prepared.

People are now talking about playing a team made up of "other" Nations from the Super League. I honestly believe that a team made up of players from the championship teams would have given England a better and harder game, as well as raising the profile of our domestic game. I have no doubt that Catalans have in many ways been succesful, but the National game has not been enhanced in any way shape or form. We need to raise the game across the whole spectrum from Super League to junior amateur teams. The "Test" match against France did nothing to inspire me and I was glad when it ended.
To be a ROVER is a privilege not to be taken lightly, with fans like ours, we will always be honoured.

#6 Matt J

Matt J
  • 7,712 posts

Posted 13 June 2010 - 12:00 PM

QUOTE (Phil Stone @ Jun 13 2010, 08:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

France were under strength with about 7 injuries, hence the hammering.

Cummins Out.

#7 oldrover

oldrover
  • Coach
  • 6,133 posts

Posted 13 June 2010 - 12:07 PM

QUOTE (Matt J @ Jun 13 2010, 01:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

hence the hammering? would he be a match for conan the barbarian.
joe mullaney is a god
the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

Posted Image

#8 Gary Coyle

Gary Coyle
  • Coach
  • 7,223 posts

Posted 13 June 2010 - 12:41 PM

150 action photos on my website here just follow the link to Pro RL Galleries, thumbnails are spread over 2 seperate pages

Thanks

#9 Phil Stone

Phil Stone
  • Coach
  • 3,836 posts

Posted 13 June 2010 - 01:58 PM

QUOTE (Matt J @ Jun 13 2010, 01:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Perhaps if they'd had 7 more French players in the Catalans squad for the last few seasons instead of Aussies then they might have had some decent replacements?

#10 Matt J

Matt J
  • 7,712 posts

Posted 13 June 2010 - 02:26 PM

QUOTE (Phil Stone @ Jun 13 2010, 02:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Perhaps if they'd had 7 more French players in the Catalans squad for the last few seasons instead of Aussies then they might have had some decent replacements?

True!

Perhaps if they allowed 3 or 4 more French teams into the Championship, there would be more benefits than just shoving Toulouse into SL.

Cummins Out.

#11 Phil Stone

Phil Stone
  • Coach
  • 3,836 posts

Posted 13 June 2010 - 03:52 PM

QUOTE (Matt J @ Jun 13 2010, 03:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
True!

Perhaps if they allowed 3 or 4 more French teams into the Championship, there would be more benefits than just shoving Toulouse into SL.

One team is bad enough. Supporters and part time players should be considered when allowing teams into the league.Personally I don't think any French teams should be in any of our leagues.

#12 champions

champions
  • Players
  • 28 posts

Posted 13 June 2010 - 03:57 PM

QUOTE (Phil Stone @ Jun 13 2010, 04:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
One team is bad enough. Supporters and part time players should be considered when allowing teams into the league.Personally I don't think any French teams should be in any of our leagues.

well said sir

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users