Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

shopping list for 2011

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 FEV-KT87

FEV-KT87
  • Coach
  • 1,306 posts

Posted 14 June 2010 - 06:50 PM

so then its almost that time of year for DP to go squad shopping....
We know Jamie is done and Stu probably wont be playing as many games (though havnt we been saying this for 2 years?)

Bob Beswick might be an a** but hes a fantastic Loose forward
andid go for a prop Brendon Worth if we could tempt him fro Toulouse haha
laugh.gif

YOU CANT CRUSH PRIDE!!!!

A season dedicated to Gareth John Swift

League winners 2010

#2 elppaxr2i

elppaxr2i
  • Coach
  • 1,891 posts

Posted 14 June 2010 - 07:21 PM

i think priorities are to make sure it is DP who is doing the shopping first

Beswick??? Terrible, has done nothing all season, and nothing for 2 seasons, living off past glories at widnes

Dont see whats wrong with what weve got coming in at loose and giving a youngster a chance at stepping up

Even though the assessment of stu next season is probably way off, if we are looking at a prop, i always think Shickell at keighley always runs in hard and is a big lad

Edited by elppaxr2i, 14 June 2010 - 07:24 PM.

#3 marklaspalmas

marklaspalmas
  • Coach
  • 11,426 posts

Posted 14 June 2010 - 08:27 PM

QUOTE (FEV-KT87 @ Jun 14 2010, 07:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Stu probably wont be playing as many games (though havnt we been saying this for 2 years?)

That's absurd.

It may feel like he's been round for decades, but Stu is 30 years old. In prop forward terms, he's just coming into his prime. Kevin Ward, Karl Harrison, Adrian MOrley, Jeff Grayshon.....all props who played better as they got older/over 30.

He was wesome at Halifax the other night and having a great season. He's been relatively injury free (touch wood). The bloke's got four or five top years left in him.

Go Stu.

A Fev Blog

#4 Rob Hemmi

Rob Hemmi
  • Coach
  • 1,224 posts

Posted 14 June 2010 - 08:40 PM

QUOTE (marklaspalmas @ Jun 14 2010, 09:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That's absurd.

It may feel like he's been round for decades, but Stu is 30 years old. In prop forward terms, he's just coming into his prime. Kevin Ward, Karl Harrison, Adrian MOrley, Jeff Grayshon.....all props who played better as they got older/over 30.

He was wesome at Halifax the other night and having a great season. He's been relatively injury free (touch wood). The bloke's got four or five top years left in him.

Go Stu.

I'm sure he wasn't slagging stuey off, who would? The mans a legend!
Featherstone Rovers: league champions 2010...

#5 FEV-KT87

FEV-KT87
  • Coach
  • 1,306 posts

Posted 14 June 2010 - 08:59 PM

wasnt slagging him off in anyway but the man has said himself hes only got a couple of full seasons left in him and he said this last year i recall
YOU CANT CRUSH PRIDE!!!!

A season dedicated to Gareth John Swift

League winners 2010

#6 sidnee

sidnee
  • Coach
  • 3,964 posts

Posted 14 June 2010 - 09:08 PM

Top of the list for me has got to be a contract extension for DP.

After that, I will leave it up to him wink.gif
The weak conform, the strong survive.

#7 Matt J

Matt J
  • 7,712 posts

Posted 15 June 2010 - 02:15 AM

Beswick is a ball handler, from this season's viewing, we don't need an extra set of hands in that department, Matty Dale at 13 has been doing well with Grayshon and Spears in the second row... but ill be happy wi whatever DP goes with!

Cummins Out.

#8 petesmithfan

petesmithfan
  • Coach
  • 1,386 posts

Posted 15 June 2010 - 07:10 AM

As alot of you say get dp first and then get the rest of the squad signed up. But no harm in having a bit of fun and coming up with some players we we would llike.

What about kyle amour on loan maybe, it must be better for Leeds having him based nearer to them.

On similar note does anybody Know which members of the squad have contracts covering next season.

VIVA THE FEVOLUTION

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users