Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Alternative to mid-season test or origin game

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#21 ParisSurtout

ParisSurtout
  • Coach
  • 3,956 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 07:56 AM

New Zealand Barbarians

Brent Webb

Frances Meli, Iosia Soliola, Vinnie Anderson, Willie Talau

Rangi Chase
Thomas Leuluai

Louis Anderson
David Solomona, Harrison Hansen
Karl Temata, Tevita Leo-Latu, Tony Puletua,

Interchange: Ephrahim Luaki, Kylie Leuluai, Ali Lauititi, Willie Manu

Edited by ParisSurtout, 14 July 2010 - 07:58 AM.

Le rugby a treize, c'est moi!

_____

#22 The Parksider

The Parksider
  • Coach
  • 16,893 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 08:37 AM

QUOTE (ParisSurtout @ Jul 14 2010, 08:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
New Zealand Barbarians

Brent Webb

Frances Meli, Iosia Soliola, Vinnie Anderson, Willie Talau

Rangi Chase
Thomas Leuluai

Louis Anderson
David Solomona, Harrison Hansen
Karl Temata, Tevita Leo-Latu, Tony Puletua,

Interchange: Ephrahim Luaki, Kylie Leuluai, Ali Lauititi, Willie Manu

Team talk - "look lads it's your job today to give the GB side the hardest match of their lives to help prepare them for the upcoming four nations, really get stuck into them and give them what for, remember your proud heritage as a rugby nation and show the crowd what NZ players are made of"

Team thinks - (I aren't risking getting injured for this crock of sh*t, still if I can go through the motions I'll at least pick my match fee up, If i'm gonna give it large for NZ it will be in a proper NZ shirt and none of us are given that)

Complete bolleaux, the vehicle for GB selection remains Superleague until France can improve considerably, and they won't do that being ignored for mickey mouse matches.

#23 roughyedspud

roughyedspud
  • Coach
  • 3,553 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 10:03 AM

Barbarians is a UNION CONCEPT...

we have our own version

http://en.wikipedia....gby_league_team

off the top of my head heres what a current ON team could look like

1. brent webb
2. scott donald
3. matt king
4. matt gidley
5. amos roberts
6. brett kearney
7. matt orford
8. kylie leulaui
9. danny buderus
10. mark o'meley
11. craig fitzgibbon
12. tony puletua
13. dallas johnson

14. ali lauititi
15. Iafeta Paleaaesina
16. joel clinton
17. Thomas Leuluai

good looking team that imo

OLDHAM RLFC
the 8TH most successful team in british RL

#24 ParisSurtout

ParisSurtout
  • Coach
  • 3,956 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 05:02 PM

QUOTE (roughyedspud @ Jul 14 2010, 06:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Barbarians is a UNION CONCEPT...

we have our own version

http://en.wikipedia....gby_league_team

off the top of my head heres what a current ON team could look like

1. brent webb
2. scott donald
3. matt king
4. matt gidley
5. amos roberts
6. brett kearney
7. matt orford
8. kylie leulaui
9. danny buderus
10. mark o'meley
11. craig fitzgibbon
12. tony puletua
13. dallas johnson

14. ali lauititi
15. Iafeta Paleaaesina
16. joel clinton
17. Thomas Leuluai

good looking team that imo

Your decision to ignore the estimable Patrick Richards in favour of one Scott Donald will rattle the Wigan cages and warm the hearts of the Leeds Rhinos, but it will not pass muster with the world's greatest team selectors. After all, Patrick Richards is a goal kicker of great note, whose record in this field exceeds that of Matthew Orford by a country mile, as they say in Australia.

Moreover your decision to play Brett Kearney at the expense of the in form Michael Monaghan is also one that will not only infuriate the Warrington fans, but one that will raise eyebrows in the selectors' committee room.

Edited by ParisSurtout, 14 July 2010 - 05:08 PM.

_____

#25 ParisSurtout

ParisSurtout
  • Coach
  • 3,956 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 05:12 PM

QUOTE (The Parksider @ Jul 14 2010, 04:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Team talk - "look lads it's your job today to give the GB side the hardest match of their lives to help prepare them for the upcoming four nations, really get stuck into them and give them what for, remember your proud heritage as a rugby nation and show the crowd what NZ players are made of"

Team thinks - (I aren't risking getting injured for this crock of sh*t, still if I can go through the motions I'll at least pick my match fee up, If i'm gonna give it large for NZ it will be in a proper NZ shirt and none of us are given that)

Complete bolleaux, the vehicle for GB selection remains Superleague until France can improve considerably, and they won't do that being ignored for mickey mouse matches.

I do not believe that a match between a nation specific Barbarians team and England can be dismissed as a "Mickey Mouse match." The solidarity in a nation specific barbarians team, even if playing in a different shirt, will enable the Barbarians to perform at a very high level. This would be especially true if the match was played at a good venue (minimum 25,000 seater, e.g. DW, or Galpharm) rather than a Mickey Mouse Venue (e.g. Leigh) and if the match fee was handsome.

_____

#26 roughyedspud

roughyedspud
  • Coach
  • 3,553 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 05:21 PM

jog on troll....what about all the tongans & samoans you've picked for the NEW ZEALAND barbarians...

OLDHAM RLFC

#27 ParisSurtout

ParisSurtout
  • Coach
  • 3,956 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 05:35 PM

QUOTE (roughyedspud @ Jul 14 2010, 01:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
jog on troll....what about all the tongans & samoans you've picked for the NEW ZEALAND barbarians...

They are all eligible by virtue of birth or past residency. Most dual identity have already played for New Zealand.

_____

#28 roughyedspud

roughyedspud
  • Coach
  • 3,553 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 06:28 AM

the eligibilty laws are muddy enough with you introduction a NZ barbarians team featuring current tongan & samoan internationals...

at least a Other nationalities team is'nt nation specific,bares not relevance towards international tournaments such at the 4 nations & world cup and would feature players who by virtue of being in super league don't get a look in for the Anzac test & state of origin,NSW would have killed for buderus,o'meley,fitzgibbon & matt king in the series just played,dallas jonhson would have been in the QLD team...the kiwii team for the Anzac test would have had webb,
Leuluai and fa'alongo

scrap the magic weekend and we could have a 2 game series against the Other nationalities..and still play the french or welsh after the grand final..

Edited by roughyedspud, 15 July 2010 - 06:29 AM.

OLDHAM RLFC

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users