Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Reserve game off

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 hawk-eye

hawk-eye
  • 628 posts

Posted 25 June 2010 - 09:56 AM

The Reserve match against Barrow on Saturday, at Hillsborough Area, has been called off.
Posted Image

#2 Basil Exposition

Basil Exposition
  • Coach
  • 1,304 posts

Posted 25 June 2010 - 10:18 AM

Boooooooooooooo!
2010 - Where it all begins again......

#3 Eagleraider

Eagleraider
  • 3,607 posts

Posted 26 June 2010 - 03:54 PM

Raiders who have aspirations of being giving a SL franchise only managed to get 15 (yes FIFTEEN) players at a home match, so for an away match to raise a team ....eeeerrrr............. they couldn't get a team for their Academy (now known as reserves) back in 2002/2003.................. nothing changed there except owners.....

Semper In Facaebus Summus Sole Profundum Veriat

#4 wings beneath my feet

wings beneath my feet
  • Coach
  • 1,161 posts

Posted 26 June 2010 - 08:12 PM

QUOTE (Eagleraider @ Jun 26 2010, 04:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Raiders who have aspirations of being giving a SL franchise only managed to get 15 (yes FIFTEEN) players at a home match, so for an away match to raise a team ....eeeerrrr............. they couldn't get a team for their Academy (now known as reserves) back in 2002/2003.................. nothing changed there except owners.....

They may have aspirations but they havent a hope in hell and everyone knows it - superleague are never ever going to go to the cull -de -sack( biggrin.gif ) at the end of the universe!

#5 Eagleraider

Eagleraider
  • 3,607 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 03:04 PM

QUOTE (wings beneath my feet @ Jun 26 2010, 08:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
They may have aspirations but they havent a hope in hell and everyone knows it - superleague are never ever going to go to the cull -de -sack( biggrin.gif ) at the end of the universe!

cul-de-sac !!

definition - is a word of Catalan origin referring to a dead end, close, no through road

#6 wings beneath my feet

wings beneath my feet
  • Coach
  • 1,161 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 08:51 AM

QUOTE (Eagleraider @ Jun 29 2010, 04:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
cul-de-sac !!

definition - is a word of Catalan origin referring to a dead end, close, no through road

your point being?

Edited by wings beneath my feet, 30 June 2010 - 08:51 AM.

#7 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,846 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 01:23 PM

I don't think "definition" is a Catalan word. mellow.gif
"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

#8 Eagleraider

Eagleraider
  • 3,607 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 07:52 PM

QUOTE (Griff @ Jun 30 2010, 01:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't think "definition" is a Catalan word. mellow.gif

sorry CUL-DE-SAC is defined as ......

and it is not cull -de -sack at the end of the universe as the universe is of an undetermined size and Barrow is in Cumbria(ex-Lancashire) but the road does lead on further through to Walney Island before it stops!!!!! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

C'est la vie mes enfants

just a thought...as Catalan Dragons are in Super League and the RFL love the French so much, the fact that Barrow is "related" to France by nature of its position on a road and definition, they must have a good chance of success!! rolleyes.gif

#9 wings beneath my feet

wings beneath my feet
  • Coach
  • 1,161 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 08:17 PM

QUOTE (Eagleraider @ Jul 1 2010, 08:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
sorry CUL-DE-SAC is defined as ......

and it is not cull -de -sack at the end of the universe as the universe is of an undetermined size and Barrow is in Cumbria(ex-Lancashire) but the road does lead on further through to Walney Island before it stops!!!!! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

C'est la vie mes enfants

just a thought...as Catalan Dragons are in Super League and the RFL love the French so much, the fact that Barrow is "related" to France by nature of its position on a road and definition, they must have a good chance of success!! rolleyes.gif

(there is no way I could be your "enfant"!) however - try not to be so clever- look at the Hitch hikers guide - if you can have a cafe at the end of the universe I'm sure you can have somewhere the size of Barrow - but to be more perdantic(spelling again) once you get to Barrow would you really want to go any further - wouldn't you just turn round and go back - I know I did!

I do though have a wish - that Barrow could replace wrexham in't super league sleep.gif sleep.gif sleep.gif

#10 Eagletarian

Eagletarian
  • Coach
  • 4,594 posts

Posted 04 July 2010 - 11:05 PM

QUOTE (wings beneath my feet @ Jul 2 2010, 09:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
once you get to Barrow would you really want to go any further - wouldn't you just turn round and go back - I know I did!

I would if I were you go just a little further, you would find yourself on the great Walney Island......The home of the Natter Jack Toad, and the home of a great RL Team....
Rugby League should be the opiate of the people (Marks not in Las Palmas)

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users