Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 401 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, full colour, in-depth coverage from the grassroots through to the international game.
Click here for the digital edition or just download the Rugby League World app from Apple Newsstand or Google Play now.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 401
/ View a Gallery of all our previous 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 401
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Reserve game off

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 hawk-eye

hawk-eye
  • 617 posts

Posted 25 June 2010 - 09:56 AM

The Reserve match against Barrow on Saturday, at Hillsborough Area, has been called off.
Posted Image

#2 Basil Exposition

Basil Exposition
  • Coach
  • 1,304 posts

Posted 25 June 2010 - 10:18 AM

Boooooooooooooo!
2010 - Where it all begins again......

#3 Eagleraider

Eagleraider
  • 3,607 posts

Posted 26 June 2010 - 03:54 PM

Raiders who have aspirations of being giving a SL franchise only managed to get 15 (yes FIFTEEN) players at a home match, so for an away match to raise a team ....eeeerrrr............. they couldn't get a team for their Academy (now known as reserves) back in 2002/2003.................. nothing changed there except owners.....

Semper In Facaebus Summus Sole Profundum Veriat

#4 wings beneath my feet

wings beneath my feet
  • Coach
  • 1,161 posts

Posted 26 June 2010 - 08:12 PM

QUOTE (Eagleraider @ Jun 26 2010, 04:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Raiders who have aspirations of being giving a SL franchise only managed to get 15 (yes FIFTEEN) players at a home match, so for an away match to raise a team ....eeeerrrr............. they couldn't get a team for their Academy (now known as reserves) back in 2002/2003.................. nothing changed there except owners.....

They may have aspirations but they havent a hope in hell and everyone knows it - superleague are never ever going to go to the cull -de -sack( biggrin.gif ) at the end of the universe!

#5 Eagleraider

Eagleraider
  • 3,607 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 03:04 PM

QUOTE (wings beneath my feet @ Jun 26 2010, 08:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
They may have aspirations but they havent a hope in hell and everyone knows it - superleague are never ever going to go to the cull -de -sack( biggrin.gif ) at the end of the universe!

cul-de-sac !!

definition - is a word of Catalan origin referring to a dead end, close, no through road

#6 wings beneath my feet

wings beneath my feet
  • Coach
  • 1,161 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 08:51 AM

QUOTE (Eagleraider @ Jun 29 2010, 04:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
cul-de-sac !!

definition - is a word of Catalan origin referring to a dead end, close, no through road

your point being?

Edited by wings beneath my feet, 30 June 2010 - 08:51 AM.

#7 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,616 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 01:23 PM

I don't think "definition" is a Catalan word. mellow.gif
"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

#8 Eagleraider

Eagleraider
  • 3,607 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 07:52 PM

QUOTE (Griff @ Jun 30 2010, 01:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't think "definition" is a Catalan word. mellow.gif

sorry CUL-DE-SAC is defined as ......

and it is not cull -de -sack at the end of the universe as the universe is of an undetermined size and Barrow is in Cumbria(ex-Lancashire) but the road does lead on further through to Walney Island before it stops!!!!! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

C'est la vie mes enfants

just a thought...as Catalan Dragons are in Super League and the RFL love the French so much, the fact that Barrow is "related" to France by nature of its position on a road and definition, they must have a good chance of success!! rolleyes.gif

#9 wings beneath my feet

wings beneath my feet
  • Coach
  • 1,161 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 08:17 PM

QUOTE (Eagleraider @ Jul 1 2010, 08:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
sorry CUL-DE-SAC is defined as ......

and it is not cull -de -sack at the end of the universe as the universe is of an undetermined size and Barrow is in Cumbria(ex-Lancashire) but the road does lead on further through to Walney Island before it stops!!!!! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

C'est la vie mes enfants

just a thought...as Catalan Dragons are in Super League and the RFL love the French so much, the fact that Barrow is "related" to France by nature of its position on a road and definition, they must have a good chance of success!! rolleyes.gif

(there is no way I could be your "enfant"!) however - try not to be so clever- look at the Hitch hikers guide - if you can have a cafe at the end of the universe I'm sure you can have somewhere the size of Barrow - but to be more perdantic(spelling again) once you get to Barrow would you really want to go any further - wouldn't you just turn round and go back - I know I did!

I do though have a wish - that Barrow could replace wrexham in't super league sleep.gif sleep.gif sleep.gif

#10 Eagletarian

Eagletarian
  • Coach
  • 4,589 posts

Posted 04 July 2010 - 11:05 PM

QUOTE (wings beneath my feet @ Jul 2 2010, 09:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
once you get to Barrow would you really want to go any further - wouldn't you just turn round and go back - I know I did!

I would if I were you go just a little further, you would find yourself on the great Walney Island......The home of the Natter Jack Toad, and the home of a great RL Team....
Rugby League should be the opiate of the people (Marks not in Las Palmas)

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users