Bridge out for the season

Warrington fear England centre Chris Bridge could be out for the season after suffering a shoulder injury in Sunday's 37-30 defeat by Leeds.

The 25-year-old played the whole game but afterwards coach Tony Smith expressed his concerns.

Smith told BBC Radio Merseyside: "We fear the worst on that one. He's got a back shoulder which he's been carrying around for some while now.

"If it's what we think it is he may have well finished for the year."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_leag...ton/8767357.stm

This is a big blow. Bridge was in the form of his life and Wire will be weaker in the backs without him. It could mean a move back to centre for King, with Grix partnering him. And maybe a big recall for Kevin Penny joining Riley on the wing.

But for England too this is a big blow. Who will play centre with Shenton? We are already weak in the backs now possibly we might have to recall Gleeson or dare I say Senior.

Edited by Wendall

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This is a big blow. Bridge was in the form of his life and Wire will be weaker in the backs without him. It could mean a move back to centre for King, with Grix partnering him. And maybe a big recall for Kevin Penny joining Riley on the wing.

But for England too this is a big blow. Who will play centre with Shenton? We are already weak in the backs now possibly we might have to recall Gleeson or dare I say Senior.

I assume that was a typo?

It will be Hicks, King, Atkins and Riley as the first choice three-quarters now, which we have had for many games anyway.

Bad news for Bridge and Wire, he has been excellent at 3 for us.

I assume that was a typo?

It will be Hicks, King, Atkins and Riley as the first choice three-quarters now, which we have had for many games anyway.

Bad news for Bridge and Wire, he has been excellent at 3 for us.

Sorry forgot Atkins, I was thinking that King would be on the wing! :rolleyes:

Yeah I expect

Mathers

Hicks

King

Atkins

Riley

Briers

Myler (when fit)

Thats still a formidable backline but any further injuries and the quality drops off.

Question to the Wire Fans

is it not time Reily got dropped and give rhys or kevin a chance???

Reily's tackling is poor, indeed i have seen the u20's tackle better.

Reily has kept his place and i have no idea why, other than his 5 tries at the begining of the season, his mistakes are becoming a regular issue for me, and his decision making is begining to bug me, he keeps coming in rather than taking the player on the outside, Penny and williams take the players on the outside.

Just a thought

Question to the Wire Fans

is it not time Reily got dropped and give rhys or kevin a chance???

Reily's tackling is poor, indeed i have seen the u20's tackle better.

Reily has kept his place and i have no idea why, other than his 5 tries at the begining of the season, his mistakes are becoming a regular issue for me, and his decision making is begining to bug me, he keeps coming in rather than taking the player on the outside, Penny and williams take the players on the outside.

Just a thought

I'm with you mate. Personally I think he should be dropped and work on some of his development areas in the 20's. Penny got dropped for a lot less than Riley is doing on a week-by-week basis. Personally I was hoping that with Myler back, King would have taken Riley's spot, but now with Bridge out that looks unlikely.

Might be a blow for Wire, don't know who you've got coming through to replace him.

Blow for England? Give me a break. If Bridge is in the team we may as well save on the flights and not bother going.

People called Romans they go the house

Might be a blow for Wire, don't know who you've got coming through to replace him.

Blow for England? Give me a break. If Bridge is in the team we may as well save on the flights and not bother going.

He is England's current Number 3, and anything that weakens our options in the backs is a blow IMO.

I'm with you mate. Personally I think he should be dropped and work on some of his development areas in the 20's. Penny got dropped for a lot less than Riley is doing on a week-by-week basis. Personally I was hoping that with Myler back, King would have taken Riley's spot, but now with Bridge out that looks unlikely.

Agree.

Did you also notice mathers having a pop at riley when he missed maguire???

Wasn't good to see from where i was in the stands.

For me TS has some work to do on the tackling over the next few weeks.

Riley is making a few errors but so is Mathers. So both could be dropped and I think Smith won't be afraid to do it.

But Penny is a risk and a half too. So its a big call for Smith I think.

Strong opinion MrPosh

Who would you have instead????

Bridge has been a form player of Super League this season, plenty of players, ex players and SKY people been talking him up.

Riley is making a few errors but so is Mathers. So both could be dropped and I think Smith won't be afraid to do it.

But Penny is a risk and a half too. So its a big call for Smith I think.

Riley has been poor all year with regards to tackling, he has dropped too many easy passes (yesterday was a classic example) and the high ball, lets not go there.

Mathers had improved once Hodgson signed, yesterday he just had an off day (poss still not fit after hurting his back against HKR)

Penny is a risk, but no more a risk than Riley......If we don't get Penny in, he'll be gone and mark my words it'll bite us on the ######, Penny is an out and out flying machine who will take players on, riley comes back in every single time.(yesterday he did it too many times for me, lack of speed or confidence i not sure)

Not really a blow is it when you have all these young british born players coming through who can turn stone into gold etc. . . .

Not really a blow is it when you have all these young british born players coming through who can turn stone into gold etc. . . .

Very true, the evans twins will not be far off.

forget the burgess twins (where are they now?????)

Wires future is bright......yesterday the new golden age of Warrington beat leeds U20's 94 - 6

now thats a BRIGHT future

Wires future is bright......yesterday the new golden age of Warrington beat leeds U20's 94 - 6

Yes but you had Myler and Carvell playing :O

Jordan Burke, Chris Fleming, Rhys Evans, James Mendieka, Rhys Williams, Gareth O'Brien, Richie Myler, Garreth Carvell, Jon Clarke, Mike Cooper, Jack Cooper,James Laithwaite, Liam Hulme

bridge may be a miss for wire but its a blessing for England as he should never have been in the squad and has done nowt worthwhile on the pitch for England .When everyone is fit he is way down the pecking order

and your pecking order is????????????????????

easy to put an opinion on here, now back it up!!

i will then repsect your opinion.

Yes but you had Myler and Carvell playing :O

Jordan Burke, Chris Fleming, Rhys Evans, James Mendieka, Rhys Williams, Gareth O'Brien, Richie Myler, Garreth Carvell, Jon Clarke, Mike Cooper, Jack Cooper,James Laithwaite, Liam Hulme

and your point is????????????????????????

How would you put this over on the radio???

Wires are expected to win today as they have carvell and myler playing, this should be a walk in the park.

or

big test today for the young leeds team as carvell and myler line up for the wires

or

returning from injury myler and carvell, Are they match fit or is this just a fitness test??

and your point is????????????????????????

How would you put this over on the radio???

Wires are expected to win today as they have carvell and myler playing, this should be a walk in the park.

or

big test today for the young leeds team as carvell and myler line up for the wires

or

returning from injury myler and carvell, Are they match fit or is this just a fitness test??

You know what I was implying, Leeds are having to raid the under 20's to make sure that they have a fit squad meaning that yesterday was nothing more than damage limitation.

Look at our side though compared to Leeds who did not have a hope in hell of matching Wire for talent!!! :D

Wolves

Subs: Gavin Williams, Ben Evans, Ryan Duffy, Sam Caslick

Look at our side though compared to Leeds who did not have a hope in hell of matching Wire for talent!!! :D

Wolves

yes indeed, but 3 returning from long term injury.

17 tries scored in total

yes indeed, but 3 returning from long term injury.

17 tries scored in total

Does anyone have the Leeds team from yesterday to compare, that's still 4 first team players with plenty of experience in an u20's team.I was talking to Chris Clarkson after their recent game against wakey u20's when Charlie leano destroyed them, it was literally men v boys.

Thank you for your valuable contribution.

Wolves

Rhinos

Tom Bush, Reuben Haile, Aston Wilson, Joel Gill, Jimmy Watson, Jack Carvill, Tom Carroll, Matty Nicholson, Mark Wool, Matty Syron, Clayton Stott, Jared Stewart, Chris Clarkson

Suns: Liam Hood, Brad Singleton, Colton Roche, Ben Parkinson

Wolves

Rhinos

Tom Bush, Reuben Haile, Aston Wilson, Joel Gill, Jimmy Watson, Jack Carvill, Tom Carroll, Matty Nicholson, Mark Wool, Matty Syron, Clayton Stott, Jared Stewart, Chris Clarkson

Suns: Liam Hood, Brad Singleton, Colton Roche, Ben Parkinson

So we had 2 lads who have played a handful of first team games against a team that included 3 full internationals.

Don't know if the future is that bright for Warrington, do you?

Thank you for your valuable contribution.