League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Leeds Rhinos v St. Helens

• Please log in to reply
105 replies to this topic

Poll: Leeds Rhinos v St. Helens (18 member(s) have cast votes)

Who will win?

1. Leeds (9 votes [50.00%])

Percentage of vote: 50.00%

2. St Helens (8 votes [44.44%])

Percentage of vote: 44.44%

3. Draw (1 votes [5.56%])

Percentage of vote: 5.56%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#61 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,093 posts

Posted 03 July 2010 - 06:22 PM

The end on shot from the far tryline gave the perfect view of the ball changing it's direction of spin, or being touched! rolleyes.gif

Oh and the camera was zoomed in before any smart ###### starts!

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#62 Tommy The C5t

Tommy The C5t
  • Coach
  • 13,479 posts

Posted 03 July 2010 - 06:23 PM

Leeds Rhinos 28-24 St Helens after 72 minutes.

Who will win this EPIC Super League clash?

#63 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,093 posts

Posted 03 July 2010 - 06:23 PM

QUOTE (Old Frightful @ Jul 3 2010, 07:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Senior has obstruction down to a fine art.

15 years practice.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#64 Tommy The C5t

Tommy The C5t
  • Coach
  • 13,479 posts

Posted 03 July 2010 - 06:27 PM

Four minutes to go and it's looking like a Leeds victory for mine.

#65 Tommy The C5t

Tommy The C5t
  • Coach
  • 13,479 posts

Posted 03 July 2010 - 06:29 PM

Penalty to Leeds with no time left and Sinfield will take the two points.

#66 Exiled Wiganer

Exiled Wiganer
  • Coach
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 03 July 2010 - 06:29 PM

Tough result on Saints (subject to last minute craziness), but Saints can draw a great deal from this.

#67 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,093 posts

Posted 03 July 2010 - 06:30 PM

QUOTE (Tommy The C5t @ Jul 3 2010, 07:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Penalty to Leeds with no time left and Sinfield will take the two points.

Nah.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#68 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,093 posts

Posted 03 July 2010 - 06:31 PM

A third forward pass for Leeds?

This is Christmas.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#69 Tommy The C5t

Tommy The C5t
  • Coach
  • 13,479 posts

Posted 03 July 2010 - 06:31 PM

The kick is missed and St Helens need to go 80m in under 70 seconds.

Amazing finish here.

#70 Tommy The C5t

Tommy The C5t
  • Coach
  • 13,479 posts

Posted 03 July 2010 - 06:32 PM

Result

Leeds Rhinos 28-24 St Helens

#71 saintfrank

saintfrank
  • Coach
  • 311 posts

Posted 03 July 2010 - 07:15 PM

think we got a bad call for leeds winning try..But these things happen..a good game for tv again, but nerve racking for leeds/saints fans..We lost the momentum when Pryce went off..Bring on the semi.but with two FULL teams please
Saints Fan from 47 through good and bad times

#72 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,333 posts

Posted 03 July 2010 - 07:17 PM

QUOTE (terrywebbisgod @ Jun 30 2010, 10:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Let the next round of "Bottlegate" begin.
Can't see past a saints win in this one sad.gif

Sat in traffic , great to be proved wrong, got a funny feeling that dumb and dumber will put this win down to Saints losing Eastwood and Pepperami man ,Saints bombed too many chances well done Leeds.
Got 1500 bass drum lugging,bug eyed monkeys!

#73 saintsbird

saintsbird
  • Coach
  • 5,486 posts

Posted 03 July 2010 - 07:20 PM

Ah ######

Still very proud of the boys to be in it to the end & only lose with 4 points ( a dodgy 4 as it is angry.gif )

Ade Gardner needs to go have said it for 5 years & am getting fed up of it. he coudnt catch a cold!!!
Jonny Lomax proved again he is gonna be class

Lets get some bodies back in 2 weeks & challenge is still on
Posted Image
Progress live tour 10th June 2011

SOME THINGS IN LIFE YOU LOOK BACK ON & THINK THANK ###### I GOT OUT OF THAT

#74 bewareshadows

bewareshadows
  • Coach
  • 1,081 posts

Posted 03 July 2010 - 07:43 PM

QUOTE (saintsbird @ Jul 3 2010, 08:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ah ######

Still very proud of the boys to be in it to the end & only lose with 4 points ( a dodgy 4 as it is angry.gif )

Ade Gardner needs to go have said it for 5 years & am getting fed up of it. he coudnt catch a cold!!!
Jonny Lomax proved again he is gonna be class

Lets get some bodies back in 2 weeks & challenge is still on

What a gift 2 point to Leeds.

I'm sorry to disagree but 3 poorly feilded kicks gifted 16 points to leeds. I know people will look to Pryce and Eastmond missing, and yes that did not help, but for me, Leeds should not have got a look in, in that first half.

I've back GArdner hoping he would come good eventually but he never has, dodgey under the high ball and has no speed to beat a man from deep going forward, always has to cut inside. At least Lomax looked like he could try and beat a man. As for Wellens letting that ball bounce, shocking.

I think there is alot more to come from the Saints, because that was not the performance we had against Wigan. Ok I may snd like a raving lunatic, but I thought our go forward was fantastic and we got over the half way with ease. If we could catch a ball in defence we would have been further ahead before pryce ever left the field.
Super League the only place in the world where people still believe that less competitors and a closed market to new competition will improve the quality of the product.

Even the Chinese and the Cubans gave up on these marxist principles years ago.

SL with a reduced number of competitors and a closed market = North Korea.

#75 super major

super major
  • Coach
  • 230 posts

Posted 03 July 2010 - 08:35 PM

QUOTE (hindle xiii @ Jul 3 2010, 07:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The end on shot from the far tryline gave the perfect view of the ball changing it's direction of spin, or being touched! rolleyes.gif

Oh and the camera was zoomed in before any smart ###### starts!

Obviously the ball suddenly spinning as Mcquire's arm passed near it was completely coincidental.

A poor decision by terry decides the game

#76 saintfrank

saintfrank
  • Coach
  • 311 posts

Posted 03 July 2010 - 09:24 PM

QUOTE (terrywebbisgod @ Jul 3 2010, 08:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sat in traffic , great to be proved wrong, got a funny feeling that dumb and dumber will put this win down to Saints losing Eastwood and Pepperami man ,Saints bombed too many chances well done Leeds.

wouldnt exspect any other reply from a south stander huh.gif

which glasses did you have on southstander, of course losing Eastmond and Pryce changed the game

Edited by saintfrank, 03 July 2010 - 09:30 PM.

#77 Exiled Wiganer

Exiled Wiganer
  • Coach
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 03 July 2010 - 10:03 PM

Leeds had the air of a team which was always going to find a way to win. If they hadn't scored after the McGuire touch (where the ball went backwards in any event), they would have found another way to win. They spent the last 10 minutes easily keeping Saints at bay, and could have steppped up again if they had to.
I am not sure how many Leeds have missing, but Webb and Burrow are pretty significant for them. They deserve to be feeling very confident, as they are clearly building nicely. Pryce and Eastmond getting injured during the game was unfortunate, but that is part of life. Eastmond is brittle and Pryce was on for nearly 3/4 of the game.
If Saints fans are very confident, then good on them. Certainly they weren't disgraced. Unless Leeds suffer yet more injuries I can only see one winner in the semis, particularly as Leeds had the Saints pack exactly where they wanted them.
Finally, 2 players who have impressed me recently are Roby and (please don't laugh) Bailey, who may well be maturing into a vey useful prop.
Thanks to 2 teams for a very entertaining game. Wigan know that a win of any sort in France will leave us 6 points clear with games running out. That would be sweet indeed.

#78 3owls

3owls
  • Banned
  • 505 posts

Posted 03 July 2010 - 10:15 PM

Another great game of R.L and leeds just about deserved to edge it. A couple of decisions that could have gone either way but the decisions levelled themselves out overall. No malice during the game and it would seem after the stories of bitterness between the leeds/saints players during the last tour of Oz that a mutual respect has been restored between both sets of players. It's a long time since the main stand at headingley has stood to applaud the opposition off but that's what happened and saints deserved that show of respect, it was nice to see james roby reciprocate. Leeds have beaten all the top four during this good run and with players due to come back over the next month it augurs well for the playoffs. Happy days at headingley.

#79 saintfrank

saintfrank
  • Coach
  • 311 posts

Posted 03 July 2010 - 10:27 PM

particularly as Leeds had the Saints pack exactly where they wanted them.
................................................................................
Exiled Wigganer, you are talking tosh if you class that as the saints pack..Maybe you never noticed but, paletua,fasavalu,cunningham and wilkin were missing..Top half backs struggle when the pack is weak, and then when those half backs get injured as well the go forward impetus is lost. If Sinny and McGuire had left the game early would LEEDS have won i doubt it.If those mentioned return before the semi,plus Meli,and hopefully Pryce and Eastmond you will see a different saints, even though tonights players came so close to getting the result .

#80 3owls

3owls
  • Banned
  • 505 posts

Posted 03 July 2010 - 10:49 PM

QUOTE (saintfrank @ Jul 3 2010, 11:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
particularly as Leeds had the Saints pack exactly where they wanted them.
................................................................................
Exiled Wigganer, you are talking tosh if you class that as the saints pack..Maybe you never noticed but, paletua,fasavalu,cunningham and wilkin were missing..Top half backs struggle when the pack is weak, and then when those half backs get injured as well the go forward impetus is lost. If Sinny and McGuire had left the game early would LEEDS have won i doubt it.If those mentioned return before the semi,plus Meli,and hopefully Pryce and Eastmond you will see a different saints, even though tonights players came so close to getting the result .

If my aunty was a man she'd be my uncle ! You've got a lot of ifs in there old lad. Most teams have influential players missing and that's the nature of the game nowadays. It's how good your overall squad is and yours obviously wasn't good enough tonight. Our strongest 17 tonight would have had leuluai,lautiti,diskin,burrow,burgess,webb and possibly watkins in but they weren't available, simple as that. August 7th is a long way off and there's a chance that some more of your players may be unavailable by then, it's more of a squad game than ever these days.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users