Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Gareth Thomas on Radio 5 now

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 20,381 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 09:09 AM

Interview with George Riley

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

#2 John Drake

John Drake
  • Admin
  • 7,626 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 09:51 AM

Forget that. He's in Rugby League World tomorrow. Buy that instead. happy.gif

John Drake
Site Admin: TotalRL.com
TotalRL.com
Email: john.drake@totalrl.com

#3 paley

paley
  • Coach
  • 18,197 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 10:03 AM

Is he talking about being gay?
Join team TRL to help cure cancer http://vspx27.stanfo...e&teamnum=43780 Team number 43780

Team summary: http://folding.extre....php?s=&t=43780

#4 no13benny

no13benny
  • Coach
  • 820 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 10:13 AM

QUOTE (paley @ Jul 1 2010, 11:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

laugh.gif

Though in light of this week, you can't really blame him.
Super League, Championship, the play-offs, Challenge Cup, and World Cup.
Http://www.freewebs.com/sltipping

#5 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 20,381 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 10:24 AM

A pretty positive piece, considering the subject matter.

If you missed it, iPlayer will have it at some point soon - the interview started immediately after the 10 o'clock news.

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

#6 John Drake

John Drake
  • Admin
  • 7,626 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 10:30 AM

Couple of paragraphs at the end. It's not the focus of the feature, which is more about why he has decided to play RL so late in his career, what he knew of the game before joining Crusaders, what he thinks of it now, whether he'd encourage other union players to switch codes, why he doesn't do 'the Ayatollah' anymore, his first hand experience of the relationship between union and league in Wales, why he'd like the chance to play international RL for Wales and what he thinks of the possibility of RL introducing its own version of a Barbarians team. And other stuff. It's good.

Rugby League World - More Info

John Drake
TotalRL.com

#7 chrisl1

chrisl1
  • Coach
  • 585 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 10:53 AM

There is a video of the interview on BBC Sport's website.

http://news.bbc.co.u...gue/8777537.stm

Edited by chrisl1, 01 July 2010 - 10:55 AM.

#8 dkw

dkw
  • Workington
  • 4,585 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 11:36 AM

He does seem a happy fellow doesnt he.

#9 jannerboyuk

jannerboyuk
  • Coach
  • 4,888 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 12:03 PM

QUOTE (dkw @ Jul 1 2010, 12:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
He does seem a happy fellow doesnt he.

He's not really gay, he's pretending in order to sell books. He is in fact a rather melancholy fellow.

Edited by jannerboyuk, 01 July 2010 - 12:03 PM.

PROUD TO BE A MEMBER OF http://www.rugbyleaguecares.org/ and http://www.walesrugb...-wales-for-2013
Predictions for the future -
Crusaders RL to get a franchise for 2012 onwards -WRONG
Widnes Vikings also to get a franchise - RIGHT
Crusaders RL to do the double over Widnes and finish five places ahead of them -WRONG
Widnes Vikings NOT to dominate rugby league in years to come! STILL TO COME

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/cardiffdemonsrlfc/
http://www.walesrugbyleague.co.uk/

I promise to pay �10 to the charity of Bomb Jacks choice if Widnes Millionaires finish above the battling underdogs Crusaders RL. I OWE A TENNER!
http://www.jaxaxe.co...89/Default.aspx

#10 Exiled Wiganer

Exiled Wiganer
  • Coach
  • 5,997 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 01:50 PM

I am concerned that I will get halfway through an article in Rugby League World, get to the point at which Warrington are criticised only to find the rest of the magazine blank.

#11 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 14,743 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 01:54 PM

QUOTE (Exiled Wiganer @ Jul 1 2010, 02:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I am concerned that I will get halfway through an article in Rugby League World, get to the point at which Warrington are criticised only to find the rest of the magazine blank.

Am I missing the joke? (Clearly I am!) Any chance of an explanation?

#12 John Drake

John Drake
  • Admin
  • 7,626 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 02:33 PM

QUOTE (Dave T @ Jul 1 2010, 02:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Am I missing the joke? (Clearly I am!) Any chance of an explanation?

Me too. unsure.gif

John Drake
TotalRL.com

#13 Griff9of13

Griff9of13
  • Coach
  • 5,626 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 03:15 PM

QUOTE (John Drake @ Jul 1 2010, 03:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Me too. unsure.gif

I think he may be referring to the 'Wigan bottle' thread followed by the 'Warrington bottle' thread that was quickly pulled. Just a hunch. rolleyes.gif
"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

#14 John Drake

John Drake
  • Admin
  • 7,626 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 04:26 PM

QUOTE (Griff9of13 @ Jul 1 2010, 04:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think he may be referring to the 'Wigan bottle' thread followed by the 'Warrington bottle' thread that was quickly pulled. Just a hunch. rolleyes.gif

Oh. huh.gif

If anyone at all had bothered to report t'other thread I'd have pulled it sooner. No one did. Not one person. Not even the person who is now complaining about it restrospectively.

As soon as it was brought to my attention, it did get pulled.

Gimme a break, eh, guys. I've a magazine to get out these days. Can't spend all day reading everything that's ever posted on here. If you see something you don't like, forthaluvogawd, report it at the time, don't sit there seething about it and do nowt, just expecting me to see it, cos the chances are, I won't.

Anyway, moving back on topic. Gareth Thomas. He's in RLW on sale tomorrow. Did I mention...? It's good. Please everyone, go out and buy it.

I thang yew. cool.gif

John Drake
TotalRL.com

#15 Exiled Wiganer

Exiled Wiganer
  • Coach
  • 5,997 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 09:57 PM

It was meant to be a jokey throw away comment. I don't mind whether things are blocked or go on forever. It tickled me that it was blocked. Anyway I will be devouring my copy of Open Rugby (as it will always be to me) the instant it reaches our corner of Surrey.
It's a shame we need moderators at all, especially as we have the ignore option, or the Sam button as I think of it.

#16 ckn

ckn
  • Admin
  • 16,833 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 10:26 PM

QUOTE (Exiled Wiganer @ Jul 1 2010, 10:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It's a shame we need moderators at all, especially as we have the ignore option, or the Sam button as I think of it.

I wish more people would use it! It would make our lives so much easier if people simply "ignored" those who made them angry.

Arguing with the forum trolls is like playing chess with a pigeon.  No matter how good you are, the bird will **** on the board and strut around like it won anyway

#17 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,887 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 11:09 PM

QUOTE (Exiled Wiganer @ Jul 1 2010, 02:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

QUOTE (Exiled Wiganer @ Jul 1 2010, 10:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I know I ought not to but... laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

NO BUTS IT'S GOT TO BE BUTTER......                                 Z1N2MybzplQR6XBrwB9egniMH8xqYQ5s.jpg                                                                                                                     

#18 Griff9of13

Griff9of13
  • Coach
  • 5,626 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 08:15 AM

QUOTE (ckn @ Jul 1 2010, 11:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I wish more people would use it! It would make our lives so much easier if people simply "ignored" those who made them angry.

I can think of one or two posters on here that if they put everyone on ignore who they find vehemently disagreeable, they would have nothing left to read. cool.gif
"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

#19 tonyXIII

tonyXIII
  • Coach
  • 4,982 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 09:01 AM

QUOTE (Griff9of13 @ Jul 2 2010, 11:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I can think of one or two posters on here that if they put everyone on ignore who they find vehemently disagreeable, they would have nothing left to read. cool.gif

And there's one or two I wish would. wink.gif

(But not you!)

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society
Founder (and, so far, only) member.

#20 rugby female

rugby female
  • Coach
  • 1,358 posts

Posted 03 July 2010 - 01:09 AM

Gareth Thomas, please stop right NOW!!!! Everyone in the 'developed' World and on the Moon now know that you are homosexual! So what! That is it! Leave it!!

You really need to move on mate! You are making problems for yourself going on and on and on........ about being homosexual.

The speccies are sick and fed up with you constantly bleating about your 'problems'!

Look, if you know what's good for you, you will start to make friends with your own fans (and the remainder of the league fans!) by shutting up and getting on with your job!! Correct me if i'm wrong, but i thought it was PLAYING R.L??!! And it won't be long (next season?!) that you will be removed from the action on the field, and will be expected to fill the role you where 'actually' employed for, promoting R.L in Wales?!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users