Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Mick Potter confirmed as the new coach of Bradford

• Please log in to reply
82 replies to this topic

#21 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 20,982 posts

Posted 05 July 2010 - 08:10 PM

QUOTE (Tommy The C5t @ Jul 5 2010, 09:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
We must hope it's Potter then for the armchair and sofa fans to once again grace Odsal with their presence.

You do know it isn't Harry...?

2826856.jpg?type=articleLandscape

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#22 Tommy The C5t

Tommy The C5t
  • Coach
  • 13,479 posts

Posted 05 July 2010 - 08:16 PM

QUOTE (hindle xiii @ Jul 5 2010, 09:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You do know it isn't Harry...?

I wish it was then he could magic us a nice 30,000 all seater stadium and fill it every game for us.

#23 PC

PC
  • Coach
  • 4,216 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 07:05 AM

According to the T&A Potter is favourite. he would be my preferred choice. I know Saints fans aren't happy with his style play, but his track record with Catalans and Saints is pretty good. He has a history with the Bulls as well, so again, it's another former assistant getting the top job. Although in a more circuitous way than usual.

#24 Ronniequin

Ronniequin
  • Coach
  • 4 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 01:44 PM

You are very welcome to McDermott, he has been a disaster for Harlequins. We have had a season and a half of misery, and McDermott still does not have a clue how to get out of it. In a media savvy market like London you actually need a communicator, which he most definitely is not. We would prefer someone to talk the club up as opposed to being "honest".

A word of warning - do not under any circumstances approach him after a game even when you've won - he will be rude and abusive.

#25 Bulliac

Bulliac
  • Coach
  • 2,623 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 03:29 PM

QUOTE (PC @ Jul 6 2010, 08:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
According to the T&A Potter is favourite. he would be my preferred choice. I know Saints fans aren't happy with his style play, but his track record with Catalans and Saints is pretty good. He has a history with the Bulls as well, so again, it's another former assistant getting the top job. Although in a more circuitous way than usual.

Maybe slightly more circuitous but not that much, remember Nobby spent time at Wakefield and IIRC a year in Aussie doing coaching with (Jack?) Gibson before coming back, and Macca also did a stint at Wakey before moving to Hudds and only then coming back to Odsal, so neither of those were exactly seamless!

No team is an island.........................................

http://www.flickr.co...s/31337109@N03/

#26 Spicer

Spicer
  • Coach
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 07:03 AM

Brian McD apparently claimed on BBC Radio London yesterday evening that he is staying put in London.

Posted on another forum by what I would regard as a decent source.

#27 Bulliac

Bulliac
  • Coach
  • 2,623 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 09:30 AM

QUOTE (Spicer @ Jul 8 2010, 08:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Brian McD apparently claimed on BBC Radio London yesterday evening that he is staying put in London.

Posted on another forum by what I would regard as a decent source.

There seems to be a consensus forming around the idea that the club is in talks with Potter (presumably about money), given that he seemingly has no other firm plans, and that Brian would cost a fee as he still has year's contract at Quins (assuming he would be prepared to leave anyway), this would seem to be the most likely scenario.

#28 Spicer

Spicer
  • Coach
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 10:02 AM

QUOTE (Bulliac @ Jul 8 2010, 10:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
There seems to be a consensus forming around the idea that the club is in talks with Potter (presumably about money), given that he seemingly has no other firm plans, and that Brian would cost a fee as he still has year's contract at Quins (assuming he would be prepared to leave anyway), this would seem to be the most likely scenario.

You are probabaly right here. I can quite understand why David Hughes would be after a fee bearing in mind the
money he is losing as a matter of course. Honest enough to admit I hoped Mc would be off though.
Now this decision has been made though its a case of getting on with it.
I live in hope rather than expectation though.

#29 shrek

shrek
  • Coach
  • 5,834 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 11:01 AM

According to BBC London;
The reality is I'm contracted to Quins, and the reality is I'm not going to Bradford

Didn't hear it myself by Neil Barraclough posted it on twitter not long since.

#30 Amber Avenger

Amber Avenger
  • Coach
  • 5,666 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 12:22 PM

Yep - as transcribed by Sporting Life if anyone is interested in what he said
SQL Honours
Play off mini league winner - 2002. Bronze Medalist - 2003. Big Split Group Winner - 2006. Minor Stupidship - 2005, 2006. Cup Silver Medalist - 2008, 2009
CHAMPION - 2005, 2009, 2010

#31 weloveyouwakefield2

weloveyouwakefield2
  • Coach
  • 2,046 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 02:55 PM

QUOTE (Tommy The C5t @ Jul 5 2010, 12:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Tell us all something we already knew I hear you cry.

So to what do I think about ex Bradford player McDermott coming back to Odsal, well he's done a decent job at Harlequins with limited resources.

He's a grafter who can work well in difficult times which we now face at Odsal and to boot he is probably the best English candidate out of the names that were thrown around last month and that is what we need to take the club forward.

The only problem I forsee is that in Brian McDermott we have a signing that is unlikely to excite the fans as an appointment of being made head coach at Odsal.

I just hope he brings in James Lowes back as his assistant.

Looks like your wrong for a change mick.. biggrin.gif
Posted Image

#32 The Best The Beautiful The Only

The Best The Beautiful The Only
  • Coach
  • 1,576 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 04:49 PM

What if it is Lowes?

#33 Tommy The C5t

Tommy The C5t
  • Coach
  • 13,479 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 07:26 PM

QUOTE (weloveyouwakefield2 @ Jul 8 2010, 03:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Looks like your wrong for a change mick.. biggrin.gif

I'm relieved in a strange way biggrin.gif

#34 Tommy The C5t

Tommy The C5t
  • Coach
  • 13,479 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 07:26 PM

QUOTE (The Best The Beautiful The Only @ Jul 8 2010, 05:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What if it is Lowes?

Can't see that Michael.

#35 Northern Exposure

Northern Exposure
  • Coach
  • 8,506 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 08:04 PM

Cullen.
Posted Image

#36 Kenilworth Tiger

Kenilworth Tiger
  • Coach
  • 8,873 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 11:24 AM

So which week was the original poster referring to?
Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

Posted Image

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

#37 Amber Avenger

Amber Avenger
  • Coach
  • 5,666 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 12:05 PM

QUOTE (Kenilworth Tiger @ Jul 12 2010, 12:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So which week was the original poster referring to?

The one just ended! Apparently there will be some sort of an announcement this week. I don't have anything official from The Guardian or anything though! wink.gif
SQL Honours
Play off mini league winner - 2002. Bronze Medalist - 2003. Big Split Group Winner - 2006. Minor Stupidship - 2005, 2006. Cup Silver Medalist - 2008, 2009
CHAMPION - 2005, 2009, 2010

#38 Kenilworth Tiger

Kenilworth Tiger
  • Coach
  • 8,873 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 12:17 PM

QUOTE (Amber Avenger @ Jul 12 2010, 01:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The one just ended! Apparently there will be some sort of an announcement this week. I don't have anything official from The Guardian or anything though! wink.gif

You're a good man - I thought I was going mad!
Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

Posted Image

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

#39 Bulliac

Bulliac
  • Coach
  • 2,623 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 03:41 PM

Latest from Ryan Duckett on Radio Leeds 16:30 news 13/7: "The process of appointing the new coach is almost at an end and we hope to be making an announcement in from a couple of days to a week".

So still a bit open ended then!

#40 Chronicler of Chiswick

Chronicler of Chiswick
  • Coach
  • 2,377 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 04:16 PM

QUOTE (Bulliac @ Jul 13 2010, 04:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Latest from Ryan Duckett on Radio Leeds 16:30 news 13/7: "The process of appointing the new coach is almost at an end and we hope to be making an announcement in from a couple of days to a week".

So still a bit open ended then!

Could mean that they're still in negociation with whoever it is's club over compensation.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users