Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Mick Potter confirmed as the new coach of Bradford

• Please log in to reply
82 replies to this topic

#81 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 14,145 posts

Posted 17 July 2010 - 11:40 PM

QUOTE (Saint Toppy @ Jul 17 2010, 07:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If the bulls fans see Potter as their saviour then they're going to be very disappointed. He has experience and a fair amount of tactical knowledge but his personality (or rather lack of) means he isn't able to bond with the players and impart all that knowledge onto them. He simply isn't able to motivate and get the best out of players the way other top class coaches can.

This type of personality also doesn't go down too well with ther fans and Potter's reluctance to speak to them makes him seem passionless & disinterested.

He's by no means the worst coach Saints have ever had but he's a long way from being the best.

OR, just perhaps, Leeds have been slightly better than you during tha last two years. Radical thinking I know, and the kind of thinking that the most arrogant fans in the league don't generally go for, but perhaps he didn't stand a chance.

#82 Bulliac

Bulliac
  • Coach
  • 2,620 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 08:55 AM

QUOTE (hindle xiii @ Jul 17 2010, 05:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sadly everything you've written has been obliterated as Potter is at St Helens, they've had rotten injury luck and brought in young players AND done reasonably well, not by their high standards but by the norm! They've made the proverbial lemonade. Rassun frassun!

You could say something similar about Wigan last season, I guess, though I don't think Saints have been quite so badly hit as us.

What I would say is that they started from a higher base, both paying the full cap for instance. Around 200.000 more than us, that's two solid super league players or a top international, if Mick's director's indiscretion is correct.

Putting a lot of kids in together is never something most coaches would really want to do, it's also a bit hit and miss and it often tends to be a case of sink or swim, which is fine for the swimmers but can set back other young kids who would have benefitted from a more cautious approach.

No team is an island.........................................

http://www.flickr.co...s/31337109@N03/

#83 The Boy Saint

The Boy Saint
  • Coach
  • 1,732 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 05:26 PM

QUOTE (hindle xiii @ Jul 15 2010, 10:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I hope he doesn't bring Flannery with him. dry.gif

*Crosses fingers*

Please please please!!!! biggrin.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users