The Race For The Play-Offs 2010

Who will make the Play-Offs  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Who will make the Play-Offs

• Bradford Bulls
    • Crusaders RL
    • Castleford Tigers
    • Wakefield Trinity Wildcats

There are only seven rounds of the Super League season to go and we're currently sat in 9th position with Castleford in 8th position one point above us in the above, while Wakefield in 10th position are just one point behind us and two behind of Castleford.

Current Super League Table:

1 Wigan 20 17 0 3 686 318 368 34

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

2 Warrington 20 15 0 5 648 329 319 30

3 St Helens 20 14 0 6 682 417 265 28

4 Hull 20 13 0 7 451 405 46 26

5 Leeds 20 12 1 7 547 442 105 25

6 Huddersfield 20 10 1 9 514 364 150 21

7 Hull K R 20 10 1 9 449 470 -21 21

8 Castleford 20 9 0 11 452 532 -80 18

9 Bradford 20 8 1 11 376 468 -92 17

10 Wakefield 20 8 0 12 424 497 -73 16

11 Crusaders RL 19 7 0 12 347 550 -203 14

12 Salford 20 6 0 14 332 572 -240 12

13 Harlequins RL 19 5 0 14 341 602 -261 10

14 Catalans 20 3 0 17 274 557 -283 6

Remaining fixtures:

Castleford: Wire (A), Wakey (H), Crusaders (A), Hull KR (A), Leeds (H), Quins (H), Saints (A).

Bradford: Quins (A), Salford (H), Hull KR (A), Catalans (H), Saints (A), Wakey (H), Wigan (A).

Wakefield: Hull FC (H), Cas (A), Saints (H), Giants (A), Wire (H), Bulls (A), Salford (A).

Out of those remaining games, I can see us getting maybe 6 points at least with the three games at home. It would be nice for us to get 8 points but I'm under no illusions that we'll leave Craven Park, Knowsley Road and the DW stadium with nothing.

Not on current form with the massive the weakness in our defence of late.

A top 8 finish has to be the target, but realistically I can't see us doing much even if we make the Play-Offs, this season for me has once again been a let down, with the only good thing being the continued development of the younger players.

I would like to think that we could just make the Play-Offs by getting 8th spot.

Edited by Tommy The C5t

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you may have forgotton Crusaders Mick

forgot your little west yorkshire "Mid" table battle

Crusaders have a game in hand and "could" beat you all to the last spot, with Noble anything is possible.

( i tipped them weeks ago to knick the last spot)

games left

Round 21: Sun 11 JulHuddersfield Giants v Crusaders RLKO 15:00

Round 22: Sat 17 JulCatalans Dragons v Crusaders RLKO 20:30

Round 23: Sun 25 JulCrusaders RL v Castleford TigersKO 14:00

Round 24: Sun 1 AugCrusaders RL v Salford City RedsKO 15:00

Round 9: Sat 7 AugCrusaders RL v Harlequins RLKO 19:3

Round 25: Fri 13 AugHull FC v Crusaders RLKO 20:00

Round 26: Sun 22 AugCrusaders RL v St. HelensKO 15:00

Round 27: Sat 4 SepCrusaders RL v Hull Kingston RoversKO 18:00

plenty of home games left and i'm sure your glad Bulls dont have to play them again :lol:

Crusaders have a game in hand and "could" beat you all to the last spot, with Noble anything is possible.

games left

Round 22: Sat 17 JulCatalans Dragons v Crusaders RLKO 20:30

Round 23: Sun 25 JulCrusaders RL v Castleford TigersKO 14:00

Round 24: Sun 1 AugCrusaders RL v Salford City RedsKO 15:00

Round 9: Sat 7 AugCrusaders RL v Harlequins RLKO 19:3

Round 26: Sun 22 AugCrusaders RL v St. HelensKO 15:00

Round 27: Sat 4 SepCrusaders RL v Hull Kingston RoversKO 18:00

plenty of home games left and i'm sure your glad Bulls dont have to play them again :lol:

I can only see them beating Castleford if I'm honest and by a big score :D

games left

Round 22: Sat 17 JulCatalans Dragons v Crusaders RLKO 20:30 B)

Round 23: Sun 25 JulCrusaders RL v Castleford TigersKO 14:00 B)

Round 24: Sun 1 AugCrusaders RL v Salford City RedsKO 15:00 :P

Round 9: Sat 7 AugCrusaders RL v Harlequins RLKO 19:3 :P

Round 26: Sun 22 AugCrusaders RL v St. HelensKO 15:00 :P

Round 27: Sat 4 SepCrusaders RL v Hull Kingston RoversKO 18:00 :P

Mick, i can see 5 wins here maybe 6

Mick, i can see 5 wins here maybe 6

I was in Kenny mode mate apologies.

When the Crusaders get to within a game of entering the play-offs I'll add them in the poll and update the thread.

I think Wakefield have the worst run in.

I can see Bradford and Castleford both getting between 2-5 wins in their run-in.

However, on Bradford's form I'd be worried and they badly need a victory in their next game.

Could you do a Wire??????

PS without the CC ;)

What do you mean by "do a Wire" ???

I'm of the opinion that should we make the play-offs this season, we don't have the playing personal in the side to make a dint in them.

I predict we'll get Leeds at Headingley and one game where we can build our hopes before a wrong call from the referee ends our season.

What do you mean by "do a Wire" ???

I'm of the opinion that should we make the play-offs this season, we don't have the playing personal in the side to make a dint in them.

I predict we'll get Leeds at Headingley and one game where we can build our hopes before a wrong call from the referee ends our season.

miss the playoffs.

hence do a wire.

sorry mick, sometimes i think people read my mind.

I think Wakefield have the worst run in.

I can see Bradford and Castleford both getting between 2-5 wins in their run-in.

However, on Bradford's form I'd be worried and they badly need a victory in their next game.

Friday at the Stoop is the most important game of the season for mine.

If we lose it and Castleford win then it's season for mine, because we won't get anything at Rovers, Saints or Wigan.

If we lose it and Castleford win then it's season for mine, because we won't get anything at Rovers, Saints or Wigan.

Every game is important now - every game should be a cup final, simples. Although, Quins won't have given up chasing the dream just yet and a couple of victories could be back in with a shout.

As for your last comment, confidence. You came from behind to beat Wigan at Odsal, so why not at the DW Stadium?

There'll be more twists and turns in this season.

Every game is important now - every game should be a cup final, simples. Although, Quins won't have given up chasing the dream just yet and a couple of victories could be back in with a shout.

As for your last comment, confidence. You came from behind to beat Wigan at Odsal, so why not at the DW Stadium?

Yeah that's what Macca said last we alongside his 'this isn't a must win game' for the game against Cas, yet just a week after getting beat by Cas we now find ourselves overtaken by Cas on the ladder and sat outside the playoffs.

Pretty dumb if you ask me, thanks fruck his time is coming to an end eh?

If you had seen Sykes, Worring, Reardon, Sheriffe yesterday you would know why. We have players who don't want to put their bodies on the line, make the hard yards with the ball in hand.

We have too much deadwood at the club and the new coach is going to have his hands full.

Yeah that's what Macca said last we alongside his 'this isn't a must win game' for the game against Cas, yet just a week after getting beat by Cas we now find ourselves overtaken by Cas on the ladder and sat outside the playoffs.

Pretty dumb if you ask me, thanks fruck his time is coming to an end eh?

McNamara will never be forgiven for not using Addy off the bench at Castleford Michael. Just look at what he did yesterday, he came off the bench and took the man of the match and the T&A highest rated player with a eight.

For mine McNamara has lost the plot and should be told to go, let Medley take over for the end of the season.

castleford have hit form lately so i think that they are the team most likely to take 8th.............................by by bratfurt

"Why is Napoleon crying ?" said one sailor to the other, "poor ###### thinks he's being exiled to st helens" came the reply.

https://scontent-a-lhr.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/1455957_262746450543197_276002364_n.jpg

You can tell he's been doing commentary, can't you? :P

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

You can tell he's been doing commentary, can't you? :P

I'll be putting my house on a try on Friday night for sure ;)

does it really matter because we all know the grand final will be between LEEDS and ST HELENS thats as long as LEEDS make the playoffs.

ah a sunday night in front of the telly watching old rugby league games.

does life get any better .

does it really matter because we all know the grand final will be between LEEDS and ST HELENS thats as long as LEEDS make the playoffs.

Just been watching your game from last night and I beg to differ.

Just been watching your game from last night and I beg to differ.

beg all you like you know come the end of season playoffs its LEEDS you all want to avoid at all costs.

lets face it leeds will be fresh and up for it as they sure as hell cant have reached there peak yet . at least i hope not. :dry: .

the same goes for ST HELENS the rst of you are just pretending if you think its going to be anything other than LEED v SAINTS at old trafford

ah a sunday night in front of the telly watching old rugby league games.

does life get any better .

beg all you like you know come the end of season playoffs its LEEDS you all want to avoid at all costs.

lets face it leeds will be fresh and up for it as they sure as hell cant have reached there peak yet . at least i hope not. :dry: .

the same goes for ST HELENS the rst of you are just pretending if you think its going to be anything other than LEED v SAINTS at old trafford

As a Saints fan, I'd be surprised if either side make it

Rugby League is a sport that desperately needs to expand its geographical supporter base and its player base. This imperative means that all other requirements are secondary until this is done.

All power in the game should be with governing bodies, especially international governing bodies.

Without these actions we will remain a minor sport internationally and nationally.

• 3 weeks later...

Remaining fixtures:

8th Castleford: Hull KR (A), Leeds (H), Harlequins (H), St Helens (A). 20 points

--------------------------------The----------------Play-Off----------------Line--------------------------------

9th Wakefield: Huddersfield (A), Warrington (H), Bradford (A), Salford (A). 18 points

10th Crusaders RL: Salford (H), Harelequins (H), Hull FC (A), St Helens (A), Hull KR (H). 18 points

11th Bradford: Catalans (H), St Helens (A), Wakefield (H), Wigan (A). 17 points