Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Harlequins RL vs Bradford Bulls

• Please log in to reply
111 replies to this topic

Poll: Who will win? (13 member(s) have cast votes)

Who will win?

1. Harlequins RL (11 votes [84.62%])

Percentage of vote: 84.62%

2. Bradford Bulls (2 votes [15.38%])

Percentage of vote: 15.38%

3. Draw (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 ShotgunGold

ShotgunGold
  • Coach
  • 858 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 11:08 AM

Harlequins 48-6 Bradford Bulls

Actually scratch that....

Harlequins 48-0 Bradford Bulls

#22 Bulliac

Bulliac
  • Coach
  • 2,623 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 01:29 PM

Another newcomer in the nineteen in Vinny finigan:
Full squad:
Addy, Halley, L'Estrange, Hall, Lynch, Sheriffe, Crossley, Finigan, Kopczak, Sykes, Menzies, Reardon, Godwin, Nero, Kearney, Whitehead, Worrincy, Langley, Platt.
No team is an island.........................................

http://www.flickr.co...s/31337109@N03/

#23 Spicer

Spicer
  • Coach
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 02:00 PM

No Purdo, Randall,Temata,Williamson or Esders then.

20 14 to the Bulls.

Cant wait. cool.gif

Should be a cracker though eh ? wink.gif tongue.gif

#24 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 20,982 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 02:54 PM

QUOTE (Bulliac @ Jul 7 2010, 02:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Full squad:
Addy, Halley, L'Estrange, Hall, Lynch, Sheriffe, Crossley, Finigan, Kopczak, Sykes, Menzies, Reardon, Godwin, Nero, Kearney, Whitehead, Worrincy, Langley, Platt.

Hmm. Seems it's 'half go for the play-offs, half blood some young 'uns' for the rest of the season.

2826856.jpg?type=articleLandscape

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#25 Tommy The C5t

Tommy The C5t
  • Coach
  • 13,479 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 03:18 PM

QUOTE (Bulliac @ Jul 7 2010, 02:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Full squad:

God help us if he plays.

#26 PTB

PTB
  • Players
  • 54 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 04:27 PM

No Howell for Harlequins either Spicer.

#27 Spicer

Spicer
  • Coach
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 04:50 PM

QUOTE (PTB @ Jul 7 2010, 05:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No Howell for Harlequins either Spicer.

Indeed. Looking bleak isnt it ?
I bet Ricky,Sykesey and Worrincy will each have a decent game.
Still at least I`ll enjoy the friday crawl round the M25. biggrin.gif
Hopefully the U20`s will put a smile on our faces versus their Bulls counterparts
in the warm up fixture.

Edited by Spicer, 07 July 2010 - 04:53 PM.

#28 Bulliac

Bulliac
  • Coach
  • 2,623 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 09:19 AM

QUOTE (hindle xiii @ Jul 7 2010, 03:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hmm. Seems it's 'half go for the play-offs, half blood some young 'uns' for the rest of the season.

I'm not sure there is much of a decision to take to be honest, if we don't give the kids a go who do we play? They've not let us down when asked to do a job, and to be fair, seeing the improvement in young players is (almost?) as good as seeing a win. I'm expecting big games from the returning former Quins too, they may be the ones to swing the result our way.

The one minor surprise for me, unless he's injured, is not including Southernwood, as he's not done anything wrong.

#29 Tommy The C5t

Tommy The C5t
  • Coach
  • 13,479 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 11:17 AM

QUOTE (Bulliac @ Jul 8 2010, 10:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm not sure there is much of a decision to take to be honest, if we don't give the kids a go who do we play? They've not let us down when asked to do a job, and to be fair, seeing the improvement in young players is (almost?) as good as seeing a win. I'm expecting big games from the returning former Quins too, they may be the ones to swing the result our way.

The one minor surprise for me, unless he's injured, is not including Southernwood, as he's not done anything wrong.

He hasn't has he, maybe this might be an indication of McNamara taking things a bit serious, but then you see Worrincy in the side and think nope he isn't.

So then looking at the squad of players:

I think we'll see this line up tomorrow.

Kearney
Sheriffe
Platt
Nero
Finnigan
Sykes
Addy
Lynch
L'Estrange
Kopzcak
Langley
Whitehead
Menzies

Godwin
Crossley
Hall
Worrincy

#30 Bulliac

Bulliac
  • Coach
  • 2,623 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 02:11 PM

QUOTE (Tommy The C5t @ Jul 8 2010, 12:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
He hasn't has he, maybe this might be an indication of McNamara taking things a bit serious, but then you see Worrincy in the side and think nope he isn't.

So then looking at the squad of players:

I think we'll see this line up tomorrow.

Kearney
Sheriffe
Platt
Nero
Finnigan
Sykes
Addy
Lynch
L'Estrange
Kopzcak
Langley
Whitehead
Menzies

Godwin
Crossley
Hall
Worrincy

I'd expect probably Godwin to start at 9 with L'Estrange at seven, though to be fair there is nothing wrong with your permutation. Addy should get his chance in the halves imo, though maybe not from the kick off. It all tends to become a bit fluid anyway after the kick off as to who plays where on the field, with wingers moving into centre on defence, and who plays acting half etc. Addy could play more at acting half on attack with L'Estrange taking the hooker's defensive role, if you get my drift. Of course it might be the other way round but I think I'm in danger of confusing myself at the mo so I'll stop whilst I'm ahead........ laugh.gif

#31 THE RED ROOSTER

THE RED ROOSTER
  • Coach
  • 2,255 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 05:31 PM

Yet again the Quins target floating Soccer and Rugby Union fans. See this from an e-mail to the Union ST Holders burgled from their website.
Quins RL vs Bradford Bulls

On Friday 9th July, Quins RL will be playing their only Friday evening fixture this season and with the barmy weather that we've been experiencing, it would be a great opportunity to sample 'Summer Rugby'. As a Union Season Ticket holder you are able to get tickets for this match for 10 (5 for Under 16s).

Tickets can be purchased by contacting the Ticket Office on 0871 527 1315 and quoting 'RU ST Offer' or you can buy them online. When buying onlien please log in first, and then you can change the category in the shopping basket to 'RL Offer'

When will they ever learn that Soccer fans and Union fans always revert back to their primary sport when its in season and that the club has no future unless it convinces approx 5,000 Southerners to adopt League as at least one of their Primary Sports.
And it does not matter how you market the product if the product - Quins RL - is cack as results at Home suggest..

I am an oil trader and successful at that but, but marketing, finance, business management, human resources etc are not my strengths

David Hughes to Ian Lenagan Page 134 - A Pastel Revolution - Fletcher and Gordas - 2006

Being an outsider, it is easiest to see what is wrong with the sport. It's a fantastic sport that has been undersold and under-marketed  because people who run it probably want to keep it the way it is

Dr Marwan Koukash to Joanthan Lieu. Sunday Telegraph 9th March 2014

#32 PTB

PTB
  • Players
  • 54 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 09:11 PM

QUOTE (THE RED ROOSTER @ Jul 8 2010, 06:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
And it does not matter how you market the product if the product - Quins RL - is cack as results at Home suggest..

Brian Mac says this is not an issue. He says there has been enough encouragement on the field for people to get behind.

#33 THACKLEYBULLS

THACKLEYBULLS
  • Players
  • 7 posts

Posted 09 July 2010 - 12:30 AM

QUOTE (Bulliac @ Jul 8 2010, 03:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'd expect probably Godwin to start at 9 with L'Estrange at seven, though to be fair there is nothing wrong with your permutation. Addy should get his chance in the halves imo, though maybe not from the kick off. It all tends to become a bit fluid anyway after the kick off as to who plays where on the field, with wingers moving into centre on defence, and who plays acting half etc. Addy could play more at acting half on attack with L'Estrange taking the hooker's defensive role, if you get my drift. Of course it might be the other way round but I think I'm in danger of confusing myself at the mo so I'll stop whilst I'm ahead........ laugh.gif

Are you Steve Mac and that`s why they`re confused smile.gif

#34 Spicer

Spicer
  • Coach
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 09 July 2010 - 06:56 AM

QUOTE (PTB @ Jul 8 2010, 10:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Brian Mac says this is not an issue. He says there has been enough encouragement on the field for people to get behind.

He is right, as there is invariably plenty to encourage the away fans on the field of play.

Edited by Spicer, 09 July 2010 - 09:12 AM.

#35 Bulliac

Bulliac
  • Coach
  • 2,623 posts

Posted 09 July 2010 - 08:36 AM

QUOTE (THACKLEYBULLS @ Jul 9 2010, 01:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Are you Steve Mac and that`s why they`re confused smile.gif

No, mate I'm not, though I think my team talks would be brilliant!! Really just pointing out that 'named' positions on the team sheet aren't necessarily a guide to where they'll line up during the game. Of course you could be right and they're just confused.

Though maybe not as much as me. tongue.gif

#36 Bulliac

Bulliac
  • Coach
  • 2,623 posts

Posted 09 July 2010 - 08:46 AM

QUOTE (Spicer @ Jul 9 2010, 07:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
He is right as there is invariably plenty to encourage the away fans.

For sure; nice ground, good atmosphere, usually (win or lose) a good game. What more could we want?

On this occasion maybe not having to set off at 12:00 Friday and then returning home around 03:30 would be better, most people still have jobs to go to (at the moment anyway cool.gif ), even though Quins fans have this problem far more often than us 'up North', it's going to put a lot off going today I'm afraid.

#37 Bulliac

Bulliac
  • Coach
  • 2,623 posts

Posted 09 July 2010 - 09:05 AM

QUOTE (THE RED ROOSTER @ Jul 8 2010, 06:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yet again the Quins target floating Soccer and Rugby Union fans. See this from an e-mail to the Union ST Holders burgled from their website.

When will they ever learn that Soccer fans and Union fans always revert back to their primary sport when its in season and that the club has no future unless it convinces approx 5,000 Southerners to adopt League as at least one of their Primary Sports.

To be honest mate I think it's a no brainer that Quins will target sports fans; that 's what every club does, when you think about it. There is no great swathe of RL fans to attract to the Stoop, there aren't that many in the whole south of England. They have a whole database of union fans so it's an obvious target, and whether they revert as you call it, or maybe only go to RL again occasionally, it's a gain. If they never go again but leave with some grudging respect for the game, that in itself is a gain.

As for soccer, there are many soccer/rugby league fans who follow two teams. Some might be primarily soccer fans and some might be mainly rugby fans. There are many who have a great personal/family crisis every time fixtures clash. All in all, there is a lot of evidence to suggest that there is much in RL which a soccer fan will find good to watch. For me it's a good call by Quins, and their recent poor run of form has nothing whatever to do with it. They seem a soundly set up club and something as transitory as 'form' won't change that.

#38 Spicer

Spicer
  • Coach
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 09 July 2010 - 09:08 AM

QUOTE (Bulliac @ Jul 9 2010, 09:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
For sure; nice ground, good atmosphere, usually (win or lose) a good game. What more could we want?

On this occasion maybe not having to set off at 12:00 Friday and then returning home around 03:30 would be better, most people still have jobs to go to (at the moment anyway cool.gif ), even though Quins fans have this problem far more often than us 'up North', it's going to put a lot off going today I'm afraid.

Yes its a pain all round really. That said to be fair to Quins Rl its understandable while they are trialling this friday
fixture as we dont exactly have them hanging from the rafters saturday or sundays. I would normally allow 90 mins
driving at least, but today will leave at 4. I would perhaps have done my usual 4 hour round trip on the train, but as I am up early to drive to Cardiff in the morning want the guarantee getting home at a reasonable time.

Just hope its a decent game when we get there. smile.gif

#39 NEIL FOX IS GOD

NEIL FOX IS GOD
  • Coach
  • 2,353 posts

Posted 09 July 2010 - 09:33 AM

Quins by the odd try
Posted Image

#40 Tommy The C5t

Tommy The C5t
  • Coach
  • 13,479 posts

Posted 09 July 2010 - 10:38 AM

QUOTE (Bulliac @ Jul 9 2010, 09:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm leaving at 13:00, should be a nice trip down with the weather as it is.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users