Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 401 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, full colour, in-depth coverage from the grassroots through to the international game.
Click here for the digital edition or just download the Rugby League World app from Apple Newsstand or Google Play now.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 401
/ View a Gallery of all our previous 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 401
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Huddersfield Giants v Crusaders RL

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

Poll: Huddersfield Giants v Crusaders RL (7 member(s) have cast votes)

Who will win?

1. Huddersfield (6 votes [85.71%])

Percentage of vote: 85.71%

2. Crusaders (1 votes [14.29%])

Percentage of vote: 14.29%

3. Draw (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 ckn

ckn
  • Admin
  • 16,733 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 03:05 PM

Discuss the game here!

Arguing with the forum trolls is like playing chess with a pigeon.  No matter how good you are, the bird will **** on the board and strut around like it won anyway

#2 Geoff Lee

Geoff Lee
  • Coach
  • 493 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 08:43 PM

Not about the game but rather a suggestion about what supporters can do before the game and particularly travelling Welsh fans. Why not set off an hour earlier and visit the Rugby League Heritage Centre. It is located in the basement of the George Hotel which is about a hundred yards from the main railway station. In there you will see a wide collection of items of Rugby League history and memorabilia: digitised century old photographs, jerseys, boots, international caps, trophys, programmes, newspaper cuttings and much more.
On Sunday Simon Foster, the son of the legend Trevor Foster will be in charge to show you around and answer any questions. On Saturday the manager Sam Morton will be there.
Admission to the centre is FREE and on sale are a number of recently published books, novels and magazines.
Definitely a place that all rugby league fans should visit at least once in their lives.

www.geofflee.net for news of my novels, One Winter, One Spring, One Summer, One Autumn and Two Seasons. All are written against a strong Rugby League background, set in South Lancashire and inspired by the old saying about work: "They could write a book about this place. It would be a best seller".

#3 Brigg Rover

Brigg Rover
  • Coach
  • 1,955 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 08:25 AM

Would like to see Crusaders win, but think that the Gaints will be too strong.

#4 Cofi

Cofi
  • Coach
  • 460 posts

Posted 09 July 2010 - 08:51 AM

This is a tough game. Which Crusaders team is going to turn up? I hope the one that beat Leeds turns up and gives the Giants a run for their money. At least Sammut is back, which gives us more creativity in the half-backs so I'm hoping he has a good game.

I'm off to Italy with work tomorrow so I can't travel up to the game unfortunately. It would have been good, as Geoff suggests above, to be able to visit the Heritage centre - Next time.

How am I going to cope without RL for at least a couple of weeks?! Anyway, I'll try and make the Italian competition's grand final during my visit. When in Rome...

#5 NEIL FOX IS GOD

NEIL FOX IS GOD
  • Coach
  • 2,353 posts

Posted 09 July 2010 - 09:36 AM

Huddersfield just
Posted Image

#6 Steve May

Steve May
  • Coach
  • 10,111 posts

Posted 09 July 2010 - 10:48 AM

QUOTE (Cofi @ Jul 9 2010, 09:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This is a tough game. Which Crusaders team is going to turn up? I hope the one that beat Leeds turns up and gives the Giants a run for their money.

A related question is "Which Huddersfield team is going to turn up?"

If Huddersfield send out a side that can catch the ball then the Crusaders will get a thumping. If Huddersfield repeat some of their more spineless performances then it could easily be a Crusaders win.

That's me.  I'm done.

#7 Ant

Ant
  • Coach
  • 3,059 posts

Posted 09 July 2010 - 02:44 PM

Pretty much it Steve.

#8 Tommy The C5t

Tommy The C5t
  • Coach
  • 13,479 posts

Posted 11 July 2010 - 02:17 PM

Huddersfield Giants 0-0 Crusaders RL after 15:00 minutes.

Despite the announcement that Nathan Brown will be staying with the Giants next season, they don't look to be making the greatest of impressions.

#9 Tommy The C5t

Tommy The C5t
  • Coach
  • 13,479 posts

Posted 11 July 2010 - 02:24 PM

Huddersfield Giants 6-0 Crusaders RL after 23:00 minutes.

Try: Lunt
Goal: Hodgson 1/1

#10 Tommy The C5t

Tommy The C5t
  • Coach
  • 13,479 posts

Posted 11 July 2010 - 02:32 PM

Huddersfield Giants 6-6 Crusaders RL after 32:00 minutes.

Maybe I was a bit harsh in my assessment of Huddersfield.

Their defending is impeccable, both sides defending has been professional but as I type Sammut has just picked up a loose pass from Kevin Brown and has raced away for a crucial interception try despite a valiant chase back by Cudjoe.

Clinton (don't ask me how I spell his surname) converts and it's all square six apiece.

#11 Tommy The C5t

Tommy The C5t
  • Coach
  • 13,479 posts

Posted 11 July 2010 - 02:36 PM

Huddersfield Giants 12-6 Crusaders RL after 35:00 minutes.

Try: Wild
Goal: Hodgson 2/2

#12 Tommy The C5t

Tommy The C5t
  • Coach
  • 13,479 posts

Posted 11 July 2010 - 02:40 PM

Huddersfield Giants 16-6 Crusaders RL after 39:00 minutes.

#13 Tommy The C5t

Tommy The C5t
  • Coach
  • 13,479 posts

Posted 11 July 2010 - 02:45 PM

Huddersfield Giants 16-6 Crusaders RL after 40:00 minutes.

Defence masterclass from the Giants as they repel Crusaders attack after Crusaders attack.

Half-Time hooter goes, maybe the visitors should have taken the two points?

#14 Tommy The C5t

Tommy The C5t
  • Coach
  • 13,479 posts

Posted 11 July 2010 - 02:49 PM

Half-Time

Huddersfield Giants 16-6 Crusaders RL

#15 Tommy The C5t

Tommy The C5t
  • Coach
  • 13,479 posts

Posted 11 July 2010 - 03:44 PM

Result

Huddersfield Giants 30-12 Crusaders RL

Attendance 5000 odd

Worrying news that Brett Hodgson left the field injured.

#16 GIANTSTRIDES

GIANTSTRIDES
  • Coach
  • 1,570 posts

Posted 11 July 2010 - 08:13 PM

QUOTE (Tommy The C5t @ Jul 11 2010, 03:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Result

Huddersfield Giants 30-12 Crusaders RL

Attendance 5000 odd

Worrying news that Brett Hodgson left the field injured.

Brett Hodgson is injured very easily these days, He is a wonderful player and i wish we had have had him a few years ago, he would have been a great SO for us , but he would not be able to take the tackles mid field now, he offloads the ball a lot when returning kicks, which i reckon is to avoid the big tackles, I dont blame him he is very lightly built.

As far as the game goes the Giants look a shadow of the side they were a couple of months ago,but they defended well and did enough to win, maybe things will improve now we know who the coach is for next season, Crusaders are a big hard side, and It's easy to see how they have had some good wins. Reffing was a miserable affair for both sides.
Dont expect anything from a pig but a grunt

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users