Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Warrington Wolves v Castleford Tigers

• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

Poll: Warrington Wolves v Castleford Tigers (17 member(s) have cast votes)

Who will win?

1. Warrington (12 votes [70.59%])

Percentage of vote: 70.59%

2. Castleford (5 votes [29.41%])

Percentage of vote: 29.41%

3. Draw (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#41 Kenilworth Tiger

Kenilworth Tiger
  • Coach
  • 8,869 posts

Posted 11 July 2010 - 05:09 PM

Not too disappointed with this result - we were never going to win and 30-4 down at half time, the cas from a few weeks ago woud have conceded 70+

To win the second half (I think) is a big positive for us.
Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

Posted Image

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

#42 1976PMJwires

1976PMJwires
  • Coach
  • 9,434 posts

Posted 11 July 2010 - 05:16 PM

QUOTE (Kenilworth Tiger @ Jul 11 2010, 06:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Not too disappointed with this result - we were never going to win and 30-4 down at half time, the cas from a few weeks ago woud have conceded 70+

To win the second half (I think) is a big positive for us.

Kenny

from what i saw today Cas are the favourites for the last play off spot, but they could go even higher.
played some really positive attacking RL

credit to the Cas team and also great following today, big well done to the Club.

#43 Tommy The C5t

Tommy The C5t
  • Coach
  • 13,479 posts

Posted 11 July 2010 - 05:22 PM

QUOTE (1976PMJwires @ Jul 11 2010, 06:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Kenny

from what i saw today Cas are the favourites for the last play off spot, but they could go even higher.

credit to the Cas team and also great following today, big well done to the Club.

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif wink.gif

#44 goldcard

goldcard
  • Coach
  • 5,573 posts

Posted 11 July 2010 - 05:26 PM

QUOTE (1976PMJwires @ Jul 11 2010, 05:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
way of the mark

10,500 i think they said with a good following from the Tigers, 800/900, well done to Cas.

Some of the figure got picked up on the radio, so probably 10577, I heard "77".
Dunno how Sporting life are so far out, unless the figure was given over a bad phone line.
Usually done via laptop now, though.
Westwood sponsors MOM?
Did I hear that right?
Wires record breaking 10 match run: L 16-17 ; L 34-36 ; L 24-44 ; L 20-38 ; L 8-46; L 14-26 ; L 20-40 ; L 22-48 ; L 14-20 ; L 8-60. Thanks Jimmy.The Glamour Club. Apparently.
Captain Morgan Trophy Holders.(I still think we have the British Coal 9's trophy hidden somewhere, too...)
Ooooh, the Challenge Cup!!! Thank you Tony.....
And again!!!Posted Image
Tipping Competiton Challenged Shield Winner 2010

#45 Kenilworth Tiger

Kenilworth Tiger
  • Coach
  • 8,869 posts

Posted 11 July 2010 - 05:29 PM

QUOTE (Tommy The C5t @ Jul 11 2010, 06:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif wink.gif

Hard to take eh!!!

ooooohhhhh bully bully......
Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Posted Image

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

#46 adelwire

adelwire
  • Coach
  • 905 posts

Posted 11 July 2010 - 07:18 PM

Some very good tries by both sides, excellent goalkicking from Warrington goalkicker (its a long time since I could say that) a worrying 20 minute lapse in 2nd half from Wire - yes Cas played well but Wire made things worse for themselves. Couple of prop forward injuries - hopefully nothing too bad for Wood and Carvell. As has been said earlier our defence MUST mprove v pies.

#47 1976PMJwires

1976PMJwires
  • Coach
  • 9,434 posts

Posted 11 July 2010 - 07:20 PM

QUOTE (goldcard @ Jul 11 2010, 06:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Some of the figure got picked up on the radio, so probably 10577, I heard "77".
Dunno how Sporting life are so far out, unless the figure was given over a bad phone line.
Usually done via laptop now, though.
Westwood sponsors MOM?
Did I hear that right?

Indeed you did hear right.

Ben had a great game, kicked all his goals, and put some big hits in.

for me the MOM should have been Myler, but with Ben kicking all the goals i can see why the sponsors picked him
(there was 3 from wide out)

#48 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 14,144 posts

Posted 11 July 2010 - 09:23 PM

The crowd is down as 7,500 everywhere and tbh that is really poor, is this time of year bad for holidays or something (have the schools just broken up)? Or maybe the club have fallen into the same trap as last year and assumed fans will just turn up because we have won a couple rather than putting the hard work in behind the scenes.

In terms of the game, once again our defence seems a touch soft, to concede so many tries at home isn't great, howveer it sounds like we had a couple of injuries during the game.

I believe we also rested Briers and Harrison, and tbh it is pleasing that our attack was so good without Briers, hopefully with Myler getting back to form.

I was a little worried about today's game so I'll take a 24 point win.

#49 TWD

TWD
  • Players
  • 50 posts

Posted 11 July 2010 - 09:33 PM

Crowd was 10,577.

#50 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 14,144 posts

Posted 11 July 2010 - 09:51 PM

QUOTE (TWD @ Jul 11 2010, 10:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Crowd was 10,577.

So some people are saying on the Wire site, although nowhere official says that.

I would be surprised if the crowd was thousands down on recent crowds.

#51 sam

sam
  • Coach
  • 7,557 posts

Posted 11 July 2010 - 10:31 PM

crowd just over 10k, which seemed about right from where i was sat.

as for the game, 2 teams who thought defence was for other sides to worry about. we were a bit more physical, a bit faster and a bit more clinical. the main difference between the teams was rangi chase, if he'd have been wearing a wire shirt the gap would have been bigger than 24.

grix is not a half back.
foxes or poor people?

#52 Fully

Fully
  • Coach
  • 158 posts

Posted 11 July 2010 - 11:09 PM

QUOTE (Tommy The C5t @ Jul 11 2010, 06:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif wink.gif

I rarely read this forum in the past but over the course of the past few weeks, I notice several recurring themes:

1) You have a repetitive obsession of referees and their performance. wink.gif

and 2) You seem to have a problem with Cas/Cas fans - why? More to the point, why do you always have to bring a thread down just because you don't agree with someone's comments?

Edited by Fully, 11 July 2010 - 11:13 PM.

#53 Barry Badrinath

Barry Badrinath
  • Coach
  • 121 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 12:04 AM

QUOTE (1976PMJwires @ Jul 11 2010, 06:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Kenny

dunno about the play offs but cas did well going around the outside of us when we were dropping riley back early, when they got mcgoldrick running through delayed they ended up having a two man overlap on a regular basis.

Not many teams have been able to do that this, year.

#54 Kenilworth Tiger

Kenilworth Tiger
  • Coach
  • 8,869 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 07:38 AM

QUOTE (sam @ Jul 11 2010, 11:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
crowd just over 10k, which seemed about right from where i was sat.

as for the game, 2 teams who thought defence was for other sides to worry about. we were a bit more physical, a bit faster and a bit more clinical. the main difference between the teams was rangi chase, if he'd have been wearing a wire shirt the gap would have been bigger than 24.

grix is not a half back.

Intersting that one sam as Yorkshire radio were saying Grix had a great game yesterday.

As I posted earlier, not too disheartened by the result especially with no centres on the park! ANother 30 points next game up should see us turn Wakey over and be in pole position for the play offs

Posted Image

#55 sam

sam
  • Coach
  • 7,557 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 07:43 AM

QUOTE (Kenilworth Tiger @ Jul 12 2010, 09:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Intersting that one sam as Yorkshire radio were saying Grix had a great game yesterday.

he had a fabulous game if you're a cas fan! the difference between him and chase was startling.

foxes or poor people?

#56 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 14,144 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 08:13 AM

QUOTE (sam @ Jul 12 2010, 08:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
he had a fabulous game if you're a cas fan! the difference between him and chase was startling.
He had a good spell there earlier in the year when Briers was injured, although his form (like most others) has dipped in recent weeks.

How did Clarke go sam?

#57 sam

sam
  • Coach
  • 7,557 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 08:35 AM

QUOTE (Dave T @ Jul 12 2010, 10:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
How did Clarke go sam?

he came on with 15/20 minutes left. he was ok at dh and didn't look like he'd been out of action for a significant time. got shifted into the 2nd row when monaghan came back on.

it was all a bit 'meh' yesterday. there was a couple of really good tries, especially the first, but apart from that it was a very forgettable game.

foxes or poor people?

#58 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 14,144 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 09:25 AM

QUOTE (sam @ Jul 12 2010, 09:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
he came on with 15/20 minutes left. he was ok at dh and didn't look like he'd been out of action for a significant time. got shifted into the 2nd row when monaghan came back on.

it was all a bit 'meh' yesterday. there was a couple of really good tries, especially the first, but apart from that it was a very forgettable game.
Cheers, pretty much the summary that my dad and mate gave me too. I'm pleased that the attack looked quite good again (especially with Briers out) but the defence is still a worry, especially when we are playing the best attack in the league at their place next up!

Pleased to see Clarke back in, he isn't the best player in the world, but he does help the organisation when the likes of Monas and Briers have an off-day (although it doesn't sound like he organised the defence much yesterday!).

Smith didn't seem too disappointed with the overall game yesterday, I wonder whether he was a little worried about the game, based on the fact we had been off-colour and Cas were going well.

He does seem concerned about Wood's injury too.

#59 Wilderspoolmemories

Wilderspoolmemories
  • Coach
  • 738 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 07:17 PM

QUOTE (Wilderspoolmemories @ Jul 6 2010, 09:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wire by 24

What about yours truly for a tipster eh? laugh.gif
2009 Warrington 25 Hudderfield 16
2010 Warrington 30 Leeds 6
2011 League Leaders Shield Winners
2012 Warrington 35 Leeds 18

Challenge cups and league leaders shields everywhere! We need more silver polish!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users