Bradford Bulls take a long hard look after tonight

Where do I start before my battery dies on me?

Well for one it's not just about what I've seen tonight which I can categorically say has been the worst Bradford Bulls performance since that first game back in March 1996 when we beat Castleford by 30-12 in front of over 10,000 supporters at Odsal.

The truth is and however painful it may be, is that this club is dying a slow death. Forget about Mick Potter and what the new coach will offer, the facts are that we have now had two seasons with no play-off finish.

This surely for a club the size of Bradford has to be at the bare minimum requirement with the player personal on board.

The crowds will be down again next season as people who have been following the club since the 50's, 60's and 70's turn their back on the club, meaning even less money coming into the club, to spend on players.

The players are badly underperforming, showing no effort or determination whatsoever, they don't look interested when out on the field.

We have now failed to win in nine weeks, I can't remember Northern going through such a bad patch. I'm actually ashamed to be wearing the the famous red, amber & black right now, such was the embarrassment that I've just seen.

Tonight is the night when my last ounce of confidence in Steve McNamara has gone and he should now do the right thing and just walk away and concentrate on getting England ready for the Four Nations, letting Paul Medley take over for the rest of the season, which can't come soon enough.

The truth is and however painful it may be, is that this club is dying a slow death.

The crowds will be down again next season as people who have been following the club since the 50's, 60's and 70's turn their back on the club, meaning even less money coming into the club, to spend on players.

The players are badly underperforming, showing no effort or determination whatsoever, they don't look interested when out on the field.

I have had a look at the table and you stand a point off the play off places.

I recall Wigan being second bottom well into the season a couple of years back.

No moans, no groans, and big crowds turning up to back the side, and back the side they did.

Losing a match, or 3 matches or 23 matches is not proof that players are not interested.

I suggest you and your fellow supporters back the club and team, and respect the opposition or we are looking at 1964 all over again.

And that will be the fans fault not the club's.

If the club dies as a result of two successive seasons where we don't make the play-offs then quite frankly the club deserves to die, because it would only show that we were reliant on glory supporters who didn't care about the club but only how many trophy's were won.

Edited by skep155

If the club dies as a result of two successive seasons where we don't make the play-offs then quite frankly the club deserves to die, because it would only show that we were reliant on glory supporters who didn't care about the club but only how many trophy's were won.

Sory Snapski, this is the one "on the button"

I can't remember Northern going through such a bad patch. I'm actually ashamed to be wearing the the famous red, amber & black right now, such was the embarrassment that I've just seen.

Get across and watch Wakefield. It will be just the same but with a different colour shirt on. :D

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

We have now failed to win in nine weeks, I can't remember Northern going through such a bad patch.

Oh I can. More than once!

Between my first full season of watching them in 1982 up to the birth of the Bulls brand in 1995, Northern had some really barren years that make the past couple of seasons look like a picnic.

Lowlights include getting stuffed at Odsal by Hull in front of a crowd of less than 2,000 during the Barry Seabourne coaching era. Almost managing to lose a Cup tie against Highfield under the dreadful tenure of Aussie coach Ron Willey. The cries of 'Willey Out!' during the game being the only thing that lightened the mood that day. And best (worst) of all, the debut of our

Yeah, but look, we were dire tonight and lost to a great KR performance.

However, i'm not starting a thread around being morose about it.

It happens, its the game, nothing to see here.

I do sympathise a little though because it is undeniable that Bradford, once one of the fabled "big four" are now in a steady and sad decline and it doesn't look like halting any time soon.

I remember Leeds getting beat every time we played them during our first super league season but they were never looking like a club facing losing their spot as a big club. Wigan have gone through years where they were terrible but there was never a sense that they were standing on the edge of a cliff, it was just on the field difficulties. Bradford are getting weaker by the season. I can understand their fans being despondent.

I do sympathise a little though because it is undeniable that Bradford, once one of the fabled "big four" are now in a steady and sad decline and it doesn't look like halting any time soon.

What? The turn round starts next week. You've got us, FFS! How easy do you want it? ;)

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society

Founder (and, so far, only) member.

Yeah there have been worse times than the current ones but what worries me is that we are heading towards another era like that - and there doesn't seem to be a way out of it. Falling crowds, poor ground, terrible coaching...the list seems to tick all the wrong boxes. I personally think that by hanging on to McNamara until now, too much damage has been done. I don't know how much it would have cost to pay off Steve Mac but it surely would have been recouped by better crowds and a run in the play offs that we now won't get or even deserve to get.

That's the new England coach you're talking about! God help us all! :D

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society

Founder (and, so far, only) member.

Between my first full season of watching them in 1982 up to the birth of the Bulls brand in 1995, Northern had some really barren years that make the past couple of seasons look like a picnic.

Lowlights include getting stuffed at Odsal by Hull in front of a crowd of less than 2,000 during the Barry Seabourne coaching era. Almost managing to lose a Cup tie against Highfield under the dreadful tenure of Aussie coach Ron Willey. The cries of 'Willey Out!' during the game being the only thing that lightened the mood that day. And best (worst) of all, the debut of our

That's the worst losing run since before the Rothman' Yearbooks started with season 80/81, there's been a few six match losing streaks but nothing as bad as this. Incidentally, going through them I found two sub 2000 gates in successive games in March 1987 against the two Hull sides.

That's what my dad said to me on the phone last night, this is the worse run of results since the early 60's.

If it's any help, you're going through now what us Wires fans had constantly until very recently.

Swings/roundabouts, sporting cycles, whatever, all clubs have them.

Once a team hits the top, the only possible way from then is down.

Wires record breaking 10 match run: L 16-17 ; L 34-36 ; L 24-44 ; L 20-38 ; L 8-46; L 14-26 ; L 20-40 ; L 22-48 ; L 14-20 ; L 8-60. Thanks Jimmy.The Glamour Club. Apparently.

Captain Morgan Trophy Holders.(I still think we have the British Coal 9's trophy hidden somewhere, too...)

Ooooh, the Challenge Cup!!! Thank you Tony.....

And again!!!smith_morley_small.jpg

Tipping Competiton Challenged Shield Winner 2010

If it's any help, you're going through now what us Wires fans had constantly until very recently.

Swings/roundabouts, sporting cycles, whatever, all clubs have them.

Once a team hits the top, the only possible way from then is down.

This is different Bill, Warrington didn't have the foundations where we've had the 15,000/14,000 average gates, which have halved.

No team is an island.........................................

http://www.flickr.com/photos/31337109@N03/

Wigan has never broken the salary cap.

Really?

Wires record breaking 10 match run: L 16-17 ; L 34-36 ; L 24-44 ; L 20-38 ; L 8-46; L 14-26 ; L 20-40 ; L 22-48 ; L 14-20 ; L 8-60. Thanks Jimmy.The Glamour Club. Apparently.

Captain Morgan Trophy Holders.(I still think we have the British Coal 9's trophy hidden somewhere, too...)

Ooooh, the Challenge Cup!!! Thank you Tony.....

And again!!!smith_morley_small.jpg

Tipping Competiton Challenged Shield Winner 2010