TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

James Graham is off to Australia

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 The Future is League

The Future is League
  • Coach
  • 6,072 posts

Posted 10 July 2010 - 09:28 AM

http://www.thesun.co...down-under.html
good luck to him.

#2 Trojan

Trojan
  • Coach
  • 15,404 posts

Posted 10 July 2010 - 09:44 AM

The more the merrier for me. Perhaps we can produce a tough inner core for the England team. Then we may stand a chance of at least running the Aussies close if not beating them in a series. That's what happened in the late eighties early nineties. With our top players playing in Oz we came within a whisker of beating them in series several times. I suppose Jamie Peacock is too old now, but I think he (and we) would have benefitted from his going to Oz from the Bulls instead of Leeds.
Perhaps Tomkins and Eastmond could be next?

"This is a very wealthy country, money is no object" D. Cameron February 2014

#3 DiH68

DiH68
  • Coach
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 10 July 2010 - 09:46 AM

Sam burgess has gone so well over here - everyone from coaches to media guys can't stop raving about him - that it wouldn't surprise me if more follow.
Think it will be good for England too. Ellis said before that playing over here removed that fear of the Aussies, and he's realised they're only human.
So hopefully we'll beat them soon :-)

#4 boxhead

boxhead
  • Coach
  • 3,232 posts

Posted 10 July 2010 - 09:52 AM

QUOTE (Trojan @ Jul 10 2010, 10:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The more the merrier for me. Perhaps we can produce a tough inner core for the England team. Then we may stand a chance of at least running the Aussies close if not beating them in a series. That's what happened in the late eighties early nineties. With our top players playing in Oz we came within a whisker of beating them in series several times. I suppose Jamie Peacock is too old now, but I think he (and we) would have benefitted from his going to Oz from the Bulls instead of Leeds.

Peacock has already played in Australia and did ok.

#5 amh

amh
  • 11,087 posts

Posted 10 July 2010 - 10:00 AM

QUOTE (DiH68 @ Jul 10 2010, 10:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sam burgess has gone so well over here - everyone from coaches to media guys can't stop raving about him - that it wouldn't surprise me if more follow.
Think it will be good for England too. Ellis said before that playing over here removed that fear of the Aussies, and he's realised they're only human.
So hopefully we'll beat them soon :-)

see he's been on ready steady cook - none of the Aussies get on progs like that over here tongue.gif biggrin.gif
pic link

Whilst I do not suffer fools gladly, I will always gladly make fools suffer

A man is getting along on the road of wisdom when he realises that his opinion is just an opinion

#6 amh

amh
  • 11,087 posts

Posted 10 July 2010 - 10:05 AM

Good luck to James Graham, he should do very well. Wonder if he'll sport a beard to give Brad Meyers a run for his money?

Whilst I do not suffer fools gladly, I will always gladly make fools suffer

A man is getting along on the road of wisdom when he realises that his opinion is just an opinion

#7 EastLondonMike

EastLondonMike
  • Coach
  • 4,322 posts

Posted 10 July 2010 - 10:37 AM

great to see james graham making the move, or potentially making the move.. but think he'll be a slow burner.. burgess and ellis ahve been outstanding in their first seasons.. think graham may take a little more time to make an impact.. but dont have any doubts that he will make an impact.. would like to see shenton and eastmond have a go over there in the next few years..

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

#8 jim_57

jim_57
  • Coach
  • 472 posts

Posted 10 July 2010 - 10:41 AM

QUOTE (Trojan @ Jul 10 2010, 07:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think if there were to be a major change in results England needs a couple of backs in the NRL. Preferably a half (Tomkins or Eastmond) and somebody who could be developed into a great centre.

#9 southstand loiner

southstand loiner
  • Coach
  • 2,658 posts

Posted 10 July 2010 - 10:41 AM

will they let him in australia ?
. i mean with that ginger hair he could cause problems given that ginger people tend to be a bit undisiplined and of course his bulk would cause problems on the plane over .
at least he wont need to take both parents with him i suppose.
ph34r.gif ph34r.gif ph34r.gif ph34r.gif
ah a sunday night in front of the telly watching old rugby league games.
does life get any better .

#10 CGD

CGD
  • Coach
  • 1,080 posts

Posted 10 July 2010 - 10:47 AM

QUOTE (Trojan @ Jul 10 2010, 10:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It's my opinion that Eastmond would be played at fullback here, and for that reason (strength of depth at fullback in the NRL), there would be very little interest in him.

EDIT: Tomkins I would have at the Raiders in a second.

Edited by CGD, 10 July 2010 - 10:47 AM.

#11 Trojan

Trojan
  • Coach
  • 15,404 posts

Posted 10 July 2010 - 12:25 PM

QUOTE (amh @ Jul 10 2010, 11:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
see he's been on ready steady cook - none of the Aussies get on progs like that over here tongue.gif biggrin.gif
pic link

Gordon Brown (the Scottish Union player not the PM) appeared on a sports chat show in Oz in the eighties with Andy Gregory - Brown was a bit miffed to find that Gregory was the main guest - Brown had never heard of him. dry.gif

"This is a very wealthy country, money is no object" D. Cameron February 2014

#12 HappyDave

HappyDave
  • Coach
  • 3,236 posts

Posted 10 July 2010 - 01:25 PM

QUOTE (CGD @ Jul 10 2010, 11:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It's my opinion that Eastmond would be played at fullback here, and for that reason (strength of depth at fullback in the NRL), there would be very little interest in him.

EDIT: Tomkins I would have at the Raiders in a second.

On-form Eastmond is just as good as the likes of Soward. He just needs to learn how to be a play-maker. Although I think we need Backs of Eastmond & Sam Tomkins quality to stay in England for the good of the Super League.

Edited by HappyDave, 10 July 2010 - 01:37 PM.

"I've never seen a woman with hairy ears... And I've been to St Helens" - John Bishop

#13 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,168 posts

Posted 10 July 2010 - 02:06 PM

Wasn't Graham in this last week's League Express saying he wasn't going to go? unsure.gif

If you use "should of", "would of" or "could of", you are a moron.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#14 roughyedspud

roughyedspud
  • Coach
  • 4,091 posts

Posted 10 July 2010 - 04:20 PM

why wait till the end of next season?

and we really needs some back to have a crack....do a mark flanagan...go on loan or something,if they make it great if they don't they'll have learned alot and come back better players...

OLDHAM RLFC
the 8TH most successful team in british RL

#15 Native New Yorker

Native New Yorker
  • 662 posts

Posted 10 July 2010 - 06:16 PM

QUOTE (roughyedspud @ Jul 10 2010, 05:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

and we really needs some back to have a crack....do a mark flanagan...go on loan or something,if they make it great if they don't they'll have learned alot and come back better players...

Much as I wouldn't like Tomkins to leave Wigan I do agree with the sentiment of this post.
SQL Minor Stupidship winner 2011, 2012
Stupid Grand Champion 2012
Challenged Cup Winner 2013

#16 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,168 posts

Posted 10 July 2010 - 06:54 PM

QUOTE (roughyedspud @ Jul 10 2010, 05:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Because he's still contracted to St Helens...?

If you use "should of", "would of" or "could of", you are a moron.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#17 West Country Eagle

West Country Eagle
  • Coach
  • 5,846 posts

Posted 10 July 2010 - 07:59 PM

QUOTE (amh @ Jul 10 2010, 11:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Good luck to James Graham, he should do very well. Wonder if he'll sport a beard to give Brad Meyers a run for his money?

I'd be more impressed if he went for a 'Kirk Reynoldson' style effort biggrin.gif

Bristol Sonics Rugby League
2007 & 2008 West Midlands RLC Champions
2008 RLC Regional Grand Finalists
2008 RLC Team Of The Year
2011 RLC Midlands Premier Champions
www.bristolsonics.com

� Stupid Questions League Winner 2004 �

#18 bangersandmash

bangersandmash
  • Coach
  • 693 posts

Posted 11 July 2010 - 12:33 PM

QUOTE (The Future is League @ Jul 10 2010, 10:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Good on him. I personally think he'll be "found out" in the NRL but look forward to him proving me wrong.
Posted Image

#19 roughyedspud

roughyedspud
  • Coach
  • 4,091 posts

Posted 11 July 2010 - 06:14 PM

to be honest i think he'll get found out too

OLDHAM RLFC
the 8TH most successful team in british RL

#20 HappyDave

HappyDave
  • Coach
  • 3,236 posts

Posted 11 July 2010 - 09:59 PM

He may not be the biggest Prop Forward but he's still a damn good Prop so why do Rugby League fans has to be so damn negative? I absolutely hate the negative BS of RL fans. Is it just when players are on opposition teams to the one the support? Can't they just wish him the best of luck? Jeez!

I think there was a comment about him apparently crapping himself when Senior faced up to him. I'm guessing he's probably a few stone heavier than Senior but there are just some Backs you just don't mess with be they G.I., Senior or 'Scrappy Doo'. So, fair play to him on that front.
"I've never seen a woman with hairy ears... And I've been to St Helens" - John Bishop

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users