Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

James Graham is off to Australia

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#21 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 15,113 posts

Posted 11 July 2010 - 10:10 PM

QUOTE (HappyDave @ Jul 11 2010, 10:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
He may not be the biggest Prop Forward but he's still a damn good Prop so why do Rugby League fans has to be so damn negative? I absolutely hate the negative BS of RL fans. Is it just when players are on opposition teams to the one the support? Can't they just wish him the best of luck? Jeez!

I think there was a comment about him apparently crapping himself when Senior faced up to him. I'm guessing he's probably a few stone heavier than Senior but there are just some Backs you just don't mess with be they G.I., Senior or 'Scrappy Doo'. So, fair play to him on that front.

I'm not Graham's biggest fan, but he would go well down in Oz. He would possibly have to change his game slightly but he is clever and tough enough to do that.

With regards to him bottling it, perhaps he just didn't want to get binned. These days you rarely see players stand up and fight as it will inevitably end up with them having a 10m break. That doesn't mean that these players are cowards or bottling it, they are probably being pretty sensible.

#22 bangersandmash

bangersandmash
  • Coach
  • 693 posts

Posted 11 July 2010 - 10:16 PM

I absolutely hate the negative BS of RL fans.

Why does an opinion you don't agree with qualify as BS?

Is it just when players are on opposition teams to the one the support?

Not in my case.

Can't they just wish him the best of luck?

I did!!! rolleyes.gif

Posted Image

#23 HappyDave

HappyDave
  • Coach
  • 3,236 posts

Posted 11 July 2010 - 10:18 PM

Biff is still part-&-parcel of league but if you aren't a hothead & can avoid a fight it's best to.

Who was the player the other day who put the forearm/elbow of the guy he tackled the when the 'tacklee' (?) push him away then swung a few punches before diving behind his Prop? That sort of cowardous in a fight is pure comedy gold.
"I've never seen a woman with hairy ears... And I've been to St Helens" - John Bishop

#24 HappyDave

HappyDave
  • Coach
  • 3,236 posts

Posted 11 July 2010 - 10:21 PM

QUOTE (bangersandmash @ Jul 11 2010, 11:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Why does an opinion you don't agree with qualify as BS?

Okay, fair enough. Sorry. It was just a generalisation really but what did you mean by 'found out'??

"I've never seen a woman with hairy ears... And I've been to St Helens" - John Bishop

#25 bangersandmash

bangersandmash
  • Coach
  • 693 posts

Posted 11 July 2010 - 10:32 PM

QUOTE (HappyDave @ Jul 11 2010, 11:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
...but what did you mean by 'found out'??

In a nutshell, I think he'll struggle to be a dominant force in the NRL in the way he is in ESL.

Edited by bangersandmash, 11 July 2010 - 10:32 PM.

Posted Image

#26 HappyDave

HappyDave
  • Coach
  • 3,236 posts

Posted 11 July 2010 - 10:41 PM

QUOTE (bangersandmash @ Jul 11 2010, 11:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
In a nutshell, I think he'll struggle to be a dominant force in the NRL in the way he is in ESL.

Why? Plus why does he need to be a dominant force Down Under? He can still be a damned good Prop without being a so-called 'dominant force'.

#27 Saint Toppy

Saint Toppy
  • Coach
  • 2,656 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 07:08 AM

Typical lazy jounalism - Graham has already said he is looking to go to Oz and has appointed an aussie agent to find him a club but want's to see out the last year of his contract with Saints first in 2011.

Good luck to him when he does go, his workrate and ability to do 80mins will go down well in the NRL.

#28 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 15,113 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 08:20 AM

QUOTE (Saint Toppy @ Jul 12 2010, 08:08 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Typical lazy jounalism - Graham has already said he is looking to go to Oz and has appointed an aussie agent to find him a club but want's to see out the last year of his contract with Saints first in 2011.

Good luck to him when he does go, his workrate and ability to do 80mins will go down well in the NRL.
Not really. Only a few days ago on the radio he was saying he genuinely hasn't made his mind up, and he could stay, and he could go. He certainly hasn't confirmed that he will go after 2011.