Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Paul Sykes gets two game ban

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Bulliac

Bulliac
  • Coach
  • 2,616 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 07:22 PM

Nuff said I guess. I have to admit it looked a bad one, though I can't imagine there was any real intent.
No team is an island.........................................

http://www.flickr.co...s/31337109@N03/

#2 Dean

Dean
  • Coach
  • 1,169 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 10:50 PM

McDermott's reaction

#3 Bulliac

Bulliac
  • Coach
  • 2,616 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 09:32 AM

Slightly surprised at McDermott's reaction to be honest. It was a bad tackle, and Paul admitted as such to the committee, but talking about, "deliberately putting someone in a wheelchair" is way over the top in relation to this incident. There isn't, and hasn't been, any suspicion of it being "deliberate" to the best of my knowledge, and the RFL ban would have been much, much longer if the video had given that impression.

I can understand in the heat of the game (I can get carried away at times) but not in the more reflective period afterwards. For Macca to say this, against a player he will have played with at Bradford, and possibly (?) coached at Quins and must know isn't a 'dirty' player is a bit off.
No team is an island.........................................

http://www.flickr.co...s/31337109@N03/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users