http://www.mirror.co...15875-22409021/

#2 ParisSurtout

ParisSurtout
  • Coach
  • 3,956 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 08:17 PM

QUOTE (The Future is League @ Jul 13 2010, 04:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Good news? laugh.gif laugh.gif

That is like a ship's captain telling the passengers on a cruise ship that he has some very good news ---their vessel has a big hole in the side, and is taking in water, but don't worry, because the ship won't sink! laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

Edited by ParisSurtout, 13 July 2010 - 08:17 PM.

Le rugby a treize, c'est moi!

_____

#3 1976PMJwires

1976PMJwires
  • Coach
  • 9,454 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 08:21 PM

QUOTE (ParisSurtout @ Jul 13 2010, 09:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That is like a ship's captain telling the passengers on a cruise ship that he has some very good news ---their vessel has a big hole in the side, and is taking in water, but don't worry, because the ship won't sink! laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

Visit My Website

#4 The Future is League

The Future is League
  • Coach
  • 5,966 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 08:21 PM

QUOTE (ParisSurtout @ Jul 13 2010, 09:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

compared with other news coming out of Belle Vue of late this is good news.

#5 dallymessenger

dallymessenger
  • Coach
  • 20,928 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 06:06 AM

widnes will be taking wakeys SL spot

wakeys failure to fullfill their franchise promises leave them as the most likely club to be punted from SL

and deservedly so

i saw BV on TV a few nights ago, its an embarrasment

#6 The Future is League

The Future is League
  • Coach
  • 5,966 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 06:38 AM

QUOTE (dallymessenger @ Jul 14 2010, 07:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
widnes will be taking wakeys SL spot

wakeys failure to fullfill their franchise promises leave them as the most likely club to be punted from SL

and deservedly so

i saw BV on TV a few nights ago, its an embarrasment

i dont want to see Wakey lose their Super League Licence, but they have only themselves to blame. they were only allowed into Super League on the condition that they upgraded their ground or moved to a new one they done neither.
yes its been done to death about the state of BV, but at the end of the day its the state of BV which will cost Wakey their Super League place.

#7 Dirk Diggler

Dirk Diggler
  • Coach
  • 1,218 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 10:12 PM

One of Wakefield's problems over the years is that the chairman does not treat the club as a toy and throw money at it. As Ted has said, he doesn't put his own money in and has no plans to do so. Conversely, the fact that he has personal financial issues does not affect the club in any way. He is not paying the players directly and he is putting no money in to a new stadium project. He is not, I think, a particularly hands on chairman in terms of the day to day business of the club. So as far as Wakefield's prospects are concerned this is a non-story.

#8 Millman

Millman
  • Banned
  • 4,306 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 06:39 AM

QUOTE (Dirk Diggler @ Jul 14 2010, 11:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
One of Wakefield's problems over the years is that the chairman does not treat the club as a toy and throw money at it. As Ted has said, he doesn't put his own money in and has no plans to do so. Conversely, the fact that he has personal financial issues does not affect the club in any way. He is not paying the players directly and he is putting no money in to a new stadium project. He is not, I think, a particularly hands on chairman in terms of the day to day business of the club. So as far as Wakefield's prospects are concerned this is a non-story.

Nice spin. However in one way surely having a chairman that didn't throw money around has in some ways given Wakefield the kind of stability that other clubs with sugar daddies that are liable to walk at any time don't have.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users