League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Wigan Warriors v Warrington Wolves

• Please log in to reply
167 replies to this topic

Poll: Wigan Warriors v Warrington Wolves (22 member(s) have cast votes)

Who will win?

1. Wigan (11 votes [50.00%])

Percentage of vote: 50.00%

2. Warrington (8 votes [36.36%])

Percentage of vote: 36.36%

3. Draw (3 votes [13.64%])

Percentage of vote: 13.64%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 Exiled Wiganer

Exiled Wiganer
  • Coach
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 02:33 PM

It was pretty wet on Good Friday. We have some excellent forwards. Our front row isn't as strong as it might be but our back rowers are fantastic.
I could see us winning but would be neither surprised or devastated if we lose. It is good we are going to have such a huge crowd. At this rate we could be the best supported club in the league.

#22 giwildgo

giwildgo
  • Coach
  • 4,048 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 02:40 PM

QUOTE (Exiled Wiganer @ Jul 16 2010, 03:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It was pretty wet on Good Friday. We have some excellent forwards. Our front row isn't as strong as it might be but our back rowers are fantastic.
I could see us winning but would be neither surprised or devastated if we lose. It is good we are going to have such a huge crowd. At this rate we could be the best supported club in the league.

I'm being a pessimist on this one - Wigan can afford to lose, Warrington can't if they want top spot, so will be more desperate.

I'm gutted as I'm only 50/50 to make the game tonight at the present time...but some things in life are more important than RL ohmy.gif

Posted Image

oderint dum metuant

#23 Kenilworth Tiger

Kenilworth Tiger
  • Coach
  • 8,964 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 02:49 PM

QUOTE (giwildgo @ Jul 16 2010, 03:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
but some things in life are more important than RL ohmy.gif

Good God don;t tell Gledhill
Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

Posted Image

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

#24 giwildgo

giwildgo
  • Coach
  • 4,048 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 02:55 PM

QUOTE (Kenilworth Tiger @ Jul 16 2010, 03:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Good God don;t tell Gledhill

At least I have Sky+ if required, because I don't think I will find a TV in the Maternity ward.

Posted Image

oderint dum metuant

#25 Leeds Wire

Leeds Wire
  • Coach
  • 3,869 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 03:06 PM

QUOTE (giwildgo @ Jul 16 2010, 03:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
At least I have Sky+ if required, because I don't think I will find a TV in the Maternity ward.

I take it there's a junior crust-muncher due any time now? (Or are you a midwife? unsure.gif )

Exciting stuff - best wishes to you and yours....

#26 giwildgo

giwildgo
  • Coach
  • 4,048 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 03:09 PM

QUOTE (Leeds Wire @ Jul 16 2010, 04:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I take it there's a junior crust-muncher due any time now? (Or are you a midwife? unsure.gif )

Exciting stuff - best wishes to you and yours....

Not sure about crust-muncher - the wife is a Saints fan, and she wanted a neutral venue for the birth so I may be closer to the HJ than the DW tonight dry.gif

Posted Image

oderint dum metuant

#27 Leeds Wire

Leeds Wire
  • Coach
  • 3,869 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 03:18 PM

QUOTE (giwildgo @ Jul 16 2010, 04:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Not sure about crust-muncher - the wife is a Saints fan, and she wanted a neutral venue for the birth so I may be closer to the HJ than the DW tonight dry.gif

Ha Ha! Excellent! Wigan fan + Saints fan = Wire baby. Love it.

Could be worse though, my 3 boys were all born in Yorkshire, so take some comfort that at least yours will be on the happy side of the hills when it joins us.

Seriously though, good luck with it all, its a wonderful thing. Best wishes.

#28 Exiled Wiganer

Exiled Wiganer
  • Coach
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 03:23 PM

Good luck G!
Our first girl was born the day before we lost to Saints in the Cup Final.
I only felt low for 3 hours after the game, as opposed to 3 weeks. The wonders of fatherhood.

#29 giwildgo

giwildgo
  • Coach
  • 4,048 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 03:27 PM

QUOTE (Leeds Wire @ Jul 16 2010, 04:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ha Ha! Excellent! Wigan fan + Saints fan = Wire baby. Love it.

Could be worse though, my 3 boys were all born in Yorkshire, so take some comfort that at least yours will be on the happy side of the hills when it joins us.

Seriously though, good luck with it all, its a wonderful thing. Best wishes.

Thanks for the best wishes - I'm still hoping the missus will hold out though, so I can run the risk of the old 'please see the nearest steward' announcement. Double the nerves during the game - how fun wacko.gif

Don't think the Wire baby will happen in any case. - both of us were also born in Warrington and have zero attraction to the primrose and blue tongue.gif

Posted Image

oderint dum metuant

#30 giwildgo

giwildgo
  • Coach
  • 4,048 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 03:29 PM

QUOTE (Exiled Wiganer @ Jul 16 2010, 04:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Good luck G!
Our first girl was born the day before we lost to Saints in the Cup Final.
I only felt low for 3 hours after the game, as opposed to 3 weeks. The wonders of fatherhood.

Cheers mate.

Posted Image

oderint dum metuant

#31 Chronicler of Chiswick

Chronicler of Chiswick
  • Coach
  • 2,492 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 04:13 PM

Yes, good luck - it's 17 years and a few weeks to 'can I borrow the car, dad?'.

Edited by Chronicler of Chiswick, 16 July 2010 - 04:13 PM.

#32 1976PMJwires

1976PMJwires
  • Coach
  • 9,567 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 05:50 PM

QUOTE (giwildgo @ Jul 16 2010, 08:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You certainly like your superstitions don't you? Interesting fact about Silverwood though, similar to Wigan's record with Bentham. But look at it more objectively and Wigan (H), St. Helens (A) and Hull KR (A) is a difficult list of fixtures for any team. I wouldn't read too much into it.

I don't know who you are trying to convince - of course they can. I'd argue being 2nd in the league and having lost 4 out of 4 so far against Leeds, Saints and Wigan, that you are due a win sooner or later given a few of those defeats were extremely narrow.

This is why you will win in my opinion - I cursed the weather this morning as the rain and heavy ground will make a forward dominated game more likely - we showed at Leeds that we can be stopped in those conditions.

Yes i am very superstitious, we last won the big one in 1955, so 55 years on its a sign. if not 2055 a maybe laugh.gif

as i have said, hope its a great game.

anyway, back to real life, all the best.

maybe in 16 years your baby will be a wire ohmy.gif wink.gif

#33 1976PMJwires

1976PMJwires
  • Coach
  • 9,567 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 05:53 PM

QUOTE (giwildgo @ Jul 16 2010, 04:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks for the best wishes - I'm still hoping the missus will hold out though, so I can run the risk of the old 'please see the nearest steward' announcement. Double the nerves during the game - how fun wacko.gif

Don't think the Wire baby will happen in any case. - both of us were also born in Warrington and have zero attraction to the primrose and blue tongue.gif

turn coats or glory hunters!!!! laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

missed this post before wishing you all the best......... no i am only joking, having a baby is the most wonderful thing to all mankind............. let us know how it all goes.

Best Wishes

Paul

#34 Ullman

Ullman
  • Coach
  • 7,492 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 06:21 PM

I'm looking forward to this very much.

The best game I've seen all season as a neutral was the first encounter between these two teams.

"I own up. I am a serial risk taker. I live in a flood zone, cycle without a helmet, drink alcohol and on Sunday I had bacon for breakfast."

#35 m brooksy

m brooksy
  • Coach
  • 1,914 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 07:03 PM

Nice dive from Tomkins.

#36 Millman

Millman
  • Banned
  • 4,306 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 07:03 PM

Wigan were only -6 with Bet365, so I've had a small wager there.

#37 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,960 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 07:05 PM

carvell concedes a penalty for doing a "Lockers"

NO BUTS IT'S GOT TO BE BUTTER......                                 Z1N2MybzplQR6XBrwB9egniMH8xqYQ5s.jpg                                                                                                                     

#38 goldcard

goldcard
  • Coach
  • 5,573 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 07:16 PM

We sound dire.
What happened to ball control?
PC playing up, had A/VMaster infection Monday, which hasn't helped.Not 100% convinced this is clear of everything it did.
Don't think a "link" would hold up.
Wires record breaking 10 match run: L 16-17 ; L 34-36 ; L 24-44 ; L 20-38 ; L 8-46; L 14-26 ; L 20-40 ; L 22-48 ; L 14-20 ; L 8-60. Thanks Jimmy.The Glamour Club. Apparently.
Captain Morgan Trophy Holders.(I still think we have the British Coal 9's trophy hidden somewhere, too...)
Ooooh, the Challenge Cup!!! Thank you Tony.....
And again!!!Posted Image
Tipping Competiton Challenged Shield Winner 2010

#39 Millman

Millman
  • Banned
  • 4,306 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 07:56 PM

A low scoring knockonathon so far. I'm shocked that Eddie Hemmings isn't slating them like he did Wakefield an Hull last week :-)

#40 amh

amh
  • 11,085 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 07:59 PM

Last night was better so far

Whilst I do not suffer fools gladly, I will always gladly make fools suffer

A man is getting along on the road of wisdom when he realises that his opinion is just an opinion

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users