Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Hicks signs 1year deal

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#21 1976PMJwires

1976PMJwires
  • Coach
  • 9,497 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 04:59 PM

QUOTE (Lee @ Jul 15 2010, 05:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Its 75%

12/18

wink.gif

Lee, BH has played 15 games out of 21 played (super league)

15 divided by 21 is 0.714 x by 100 = 71.4 so there you have it 71%

please note stats gained from Engage Web page.

#22 1976PMJwires

1976PMJwires
  • Coach
  • 9,497 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 05:00 PM

QUOTE (marklaspalmas @ Jul 15 2010, 05:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
biggrin.gif biggrin.gif You might just want to check your maths mate. biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Class, Lee was taking the pea out of me and he was sooooooooooooooooooooooo wrong laugh.gif laugh.gif

#23 1976PMJwires

1976PMJwires
  • Coach
  • 9,497 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 05:02 PM

QUOTE (Lee @ Jul 15 2010, 05:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Never any good at Maths biggrin.gif

66%, 75% Close enough for me

and you had the nerve to question me?????..............how dare you, how dare you.

nice evening to you. tongue.gif

you have made my evening, i have had a 5h1t day at work, thanks mate.

#24 Terry180241

Terry180241
  • Players
  • 8 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 05:54 PM

Must say it's time the RFL got there house in order and make one rule so that there is no manouvering of players passports you are either born in Great Britain or not and next season 5 from anywhere in the world and the rest of the squad British no coming up with my Great Great Great Great Grandmother came to England on holiday so I can play for anyone.

#25 matt newsholme

matt newsholme
  • Coach
  • 904 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 07:39 PM

QUOTE (Terry180241 @ Jul 15 2010, 06:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Must say it's time the RFL got there house in order and make one rule so that there is no manouvering of players passports you are either born in Great Britain or not and next season 5 from anywhere in the world and the rest of the squad British no coming up with my Great Great Great Great Grandmother came to England on holiday so I can play for anyone.

err thats exactly what they done!. the complication is the players already here when the rule change was brought in. The rfl cant just say they are ineligble as that would be restraint of trade and rfl would be in legal hot water so instead they grant them a quota exemption. Going forward once the players who were already here in feb 2008 (date new quota came in ) have left the game due to going back to nrl/retirement , then we'll have the 5 overseas players rule you want as no players who come to SL after feb 2008 can apply for exemption.

#26 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 14,724 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 08:34 AM

QUOTE (MrPosh @ Jul 15 2010, 09:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You're right, of course, but that must not be at the expense of players with existing contracts, some of whom have given years of dedicated service to the game in this country. They shouldn't be turfed out because they are foreign.

It must, legally and morally, be a slow process (and it is).
Yep, you make a good point, although I agree with PMJ's original post that this isn't what we were promised would happen.

If everybody adhered to the rules in spirit instead of to the letter of the law then the likes of Rhys Williams and Kevin Penny would be getting more gametime from next season with us, and obviously the same would happen at other clubs.

I like Hicks, he is a very good finisher and his try scoring record has always been top-notch, but I don't think it's the way clubs should be going.

#27 1976PMJwires

1976PMJwires
  • Coach
  • 9,497 posts

Posted 17 July 2010 - 07:07 AM

QUOTE (Dave T @ Jul 16 2010, 09:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yep, you make a good point, although I agree with PMJ's original post that this isn't what we were promised would happen.

If everybody adhered to the rules in spirit instead of to the letter of the law then the likes of Rhys Williams and Kevin Penny would be getting more gametime from next season with us, and obviously the same would happen at other clubs.

I like Hicks, he is a very good finisher and his try scoring record has always been top-notch, but I don't think it's the way clubs should be going.

and again last night biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users