3D RL

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#21 GazCoops

GazCoops
  • Coach
  • 396 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 07:24 AM

Does anyone know if there are any more 3D matches scheduled? I missed this one cos my mate let me down at the last minute.

Posted Image

#22 amh

amh
  • 11,086 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 07:35 AM

QUOTE (GazCoops @ Jul 18 2010, 08:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Does anyone know if there are any more 3D matches scheduled? I missed this one cos my mate let me down at the last minute.

Only the GF so far Gaz

Whilst I do not suffer fools gladly, I will always gladly make fools suffer

A man is getting along on the road of wisdom when he realises that his opinion is just an opinion

#23 Hannibal

Hannibal
  • Coach
  • 11,790 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 08:24 AM

QUOTE (Dave T @ Jul 18 2010, 01:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well, thanks for your post but it is completely irrelevant to the thread. I assume you went to the match, so haven't seen 3D RL. Why did you feel it necessary to post such a ###### opinion on it?

Not everyone wanted to go on Friday, or indeed could attend, so your comments weren't really useful when discussing 3D.

Wonder if some 3D abuse will come my way now.

Can't remember the last time you actually posted anything about going to a game.

You are Warrington's version of NE.

#24 1976PMJwires

1976PMJwires
  • Coach
  • 9,640 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 09:29 AM

Hanners is becoming the new BOAB.
something in the Wigan air rolleyes.gif rolleyes.gif

#25 Maximus Decimus

Maximus Decimus
  • Coach
  • 7,712 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 09:40 AM

QUOTE (Bulletproof @ Jul 18 2010, 03:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah, there's this whole thing called the home market, I mean its a bit unreasonable for idiots to expect everyone to attend every game in RL, it's sort of impossible. 3D rugby though, next best thing. It's almost like being there.

People talk about RL being a game that is perfect for television. 3D is just going to make that even more so. I honestly don't think any other sport will be suited to 3D as RL is.

The views were the same sort of views you get when you're at a game but better because you can't move around at a game and see close ups of the action.

Nothing will ever replace watching a game live but this is going to come damn close.

#26 Wellsy4HullFC

Wellsy4HullFC
  • Coach
  • 10,034 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 11:01 PM

QUOTE (Dave T @ Jul 18 2010, 12:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I didn't see an issue with the angles at all. Almost every angle was 3D, with only one or two replays in standard.

That's not what I meant. I meant that there were more camera angles on the normal broadcast compared to the 3D broadcast, not that the 3D broadcast was broadcasting standard angles.

We had our 3D screen near the normal broadcast, and you could see them using far more angles on that broadcast than you could on the 3D broadcast.

QUOTE (Dave T @ Jul 18 2010, 12:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Also, with regards to the sound, we had the same issue, and whilst we may have missed some things, it took us ages to realise that they had the wrong commentary on and it certainly wasn't an issue. In fact, it was during the half time interviews we realised.

It was a bit irritating that they were talking about replays that weren't being showed in 3D. If we're going to go out of our way to watch the game in superb picture quality with an extra dimension, you kinda suspect that that sort of demographic would also want the best audio options available also! biggrin.gif
Posted Image

#27 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 15,721 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 11:51 PM

QUOTE (Hannibal @ Jul 18 2010, 09:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Can't remember the last time you actually posted anything about going to a game.

You are Warrington's version of NE.

Not that this post is worthy of a reply, but simply to highlight how stupid your post was, here goes.

I live in Edinburgh however still have a season ticket so the club gets my money. I have attended several games this year at considerable expense, and attended my last game just a couple of weeks ago in Wrexham. Try reading some of the threads instead of looking to make racist remarks to the Aussies or being a smart-###### and you will see me commenting on plenty of games I attend.

Hope that's okay with you, let me know if not.

So what are your thoughts on 3D RL, or are you just here to sidetrack threads you are clueless about?

Seriously, why did you post on this thread?

Edited by Dave T, 18 July 2010 - 11:56 PM.

#28 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 15,721 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 11:55 PM

QUOTE (Wellsy4HullFC @ Jul 19 2010, 12:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That's not what I meant. I meant that there were more camera angles on the normal broadcast compared to the 3D broadcast, not that the 3D broadcast was broadcasting standard angles.
Ah, with you now. I think at times they held on the same angle for a little too long, and I wonder whether that was simply due to lack of experience with the new technology. Some of the angles didn't work,some were weird, but overall, I thought they were very good once you got into it.

It was a bit irritating that they were talking about replays that weren't being showed in 3D. If we're going to go out of our way to watch the game in superb picture quality with an extra dimension, you kinda suspect that that sort of demographic would also want the best audio options available also! biggrin.gif

Yep, I do agree with that, and I suspect that I was out with a couple of people in a busy lively bar reduced the commentary impact, but moving forward I would definitely ask for the correct commentary.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users