Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Well Done Batley Bulldogs

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#1 amh

amh
  • 11,085 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 04:50 PM

Superb win, well done - exciting last quarter

Thanks to both teams for supplying the entertainment

sorry Widnes but it was Batleys turn - they've waited long enough for a cup win. All local lads - Hudds lad get MOM and wining try so our house is happy biggrin.gif

Enjoy the celebrations - you deserve it

Edited by amh, 18 July 2010 - 06:10 PM.

Whilst I do not suffer fools gladly, I will always gladly make fools suffer

A man is getting along on the road of wisdom when he realises that his opinion is just an opinion

#2 deluded pom?

deluded pom?
  • Coach
  • 8,586 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 05:36 PM

I'd like to echo those sentiments. It's been a long time between drinks for the Gallant Youths. Enjoy every second of it everyone connected to Batley be they fans ,players, committee members or backroom staff and anyone else I have forgotten. wink.gif

rldfsignature.jpg

#3 NEIL FOX IS GOD

NEIL FOX IS GOD
  • Coach
  • 2,353 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 06:24 PM

fantastic win for Batley

Widnes biggrin.gif love it
Posted Image

#4 Millman

Millman
  • Banned
  • 4,306 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 06:35 PM

What an entertaining spectacle this was. I loved every minute of it. Credit must go to both sides for the way they played. I think Batley would have won by more if there'd been a proper hill on the pitch.

#5 Padge

Padge
  • Coach
  • 18,230 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 06:45 PM

A very enjoyable game to watch, nice to see a team with humble but honest ambitions get in there and win it.

Enjoy the party Batley.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com
Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007
Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

#6 Bomb Jack

Bomb Jack
  • Coach
  • 2,029 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 07:54 PM

Congrats Batley, a well deserved win.........
Widnes - Super League's newest Club, and Cheshire's Original Glamour Club. Watch out Warrington, we're back !

#7 Viking Warrior

Viking Warrior
  • Coach
  • 5,198 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 08:07 PM

no argument from me! best team on the day won the game.............congratulations to the gallant youth.
"Why is Napoleon crying ?" said one sailor to the other, "poor ###### thinks he's being exiled to st helens" came the reply.

https://scontent-a-l...276002364_n.jpg

#8 9' oller

9' oller
  • Coach
  • 3,621 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 08:08 PM

QUOTE (Bomb Jack @ Jul 18 2010, 08:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Congrats Batley, a well deserved win.........

thankyou,

every dog has it's day!!!

The most unfashionable yet over achieving mutts around

#9 widnesvikings

widnesvikings
  • Players
  • 74 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 08:24 PM

well done batley a great win and good luck from widnes vikings batley bulldogs nrc winners 2010 well done biggrin.gif
Posted Image
WIDNES VIKINGS CHESHIRES MOST FAMOUS RUGBY LEAGUE CLUB

#10 ShotgunGold

ShotgunGold
  • Coach
  • 858 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 08:59 PM

Fantastic performance by the Batley Bulldogs. Congratulations guys.

#11 fieldofclothofgold

fieldofclothofgold
  • Coach
  • 5,729 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 10:45 PM

QUOTE (9' oller @ Jul 18 2010, 09:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
thankyou,

every dog has it's day!!!

its your day, but it reminds me of bramley's bbc floodlit trophy win in 1973 ,bramley's only trophy after 94 years .
of course the "gallant youth's"are embedded in RL history and heritage .
great stuff BATLEY
but you and I weve been through that and this is not our fate.
So let us so let us not talk falsely now.
The hour is getting late
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

#12 Bomb Jack

Bomb Jack
  • Coach
  • 2,029 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 07:31 AM

QUOTE (fieldofclothofgold @ Jul 18 2010, 11:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
reminds me of bramley's bbc floodlit trophy win in 1973 ,bramley's only trophy after 94 years .

Bramley beat Widnes i believe ?

We are awfully nice to these Clubs with empty Trophy Cabinets wink.gif
Widnes - Super League's newest Club, and Cheshire's Original Glamour Club. Watch out Warrington, we're back !

#13 cookey

cookey
  • Coach
  • 1,153 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 08:26 AM

Congratulations to both sides.I'm delighted for Batley and impressed by the turn out from Widnes Supporters.

Does anybody know what Batley will make out of it.I'm sure it won't be a fortune,but equally I suspect they will use the money more wisely than some clubs,but would be interested to know what the approx figure is in terms of prize money,gate share,merchandise etc.

#14 weloveyouwakefield2

weloveyouwakefield2
  • Coach
  • 2,083 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 06:02 PM

Well done Batley!! just goes to show you should never give up on a game! biggrin.gif
Posted Image

#15 Lobbygobbler

Lobbygobbler
  • Coach
  • 5,809 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 10:27 AM

Good win for Batley, though I was disappointed with Karl Harrison's view that the club could not go up to SL on the SLS last week

I hope they can put in a SL application, as it would be interesting to see where the RFL think that they don't "tick boxes". For me they could surely do a better job than the likes of Wakey, and have a better ground

The main reason that they were outnumbered 2 to 1 by Widnes fans may be because closet fans in the heavy woolen area don't think they will go up. A classic case of chicken and egg. The heavy woolen area is just as much an RL heartland as Widnes, if not more so

#16 Odsal Outlaw

Odsal Outlaw
  • Coach
  • 1,591 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 12:54 PM

Congratulations to Batley! Great win and great performance. I enjoyed Blackpool and being a Batley fan for the day!! See you again on Boxing Day ......

Edited by Odsal Outlaw, 20 July 2010 - 12:56 PM.

Nottingham Outlaws Rugby League
Harry Jepson Winners 2008
RLC Midlands Premier Champions 2006 & 2008
East Midlands Challenge Cup Winners 2005, 2006, 2007 & 2008
Rotterdam International 9's Cup Winners 2005
RLC North Midlands Champions 2003 & 2004

#17 widnesvikings

widnesvikings
  • Players
  • 74 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 09:49 PM

QUOTE (Lobbygobbler @ Jul 20 2010, 11:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Good win for Batley, though I was disappointed with Karl Harrison's view that the club could not go up to SL on the SLS last week

I hope they can put in a SL application, as it would be interesting to see where the RFL think that they don't "tick boxes". For me they could surely do a better job than the likes of Wakey, and have a better ground

The main reason that they were outnumbered 2 to 1 by Widnes fans may be because closet fans in the heavy woolen area don't think they will go up. A classic case of chicken and egg. The heavy woolen area is just as much an RL heartland as Widnes, if not more so

so is that why you only took 500 against hull kr a few years back,lets see if you can pull a few out of the woodwork on sunday,maybe you might bring 200 if you try hard.leigh is as much a RL heartland as Widnes my backside,we had near 6000 on sunday for a game that didnt tick any boxes for us.
Posted Image
WIDNES VIKINGS CHESHIRES MOST FAMOUS RUGBY LEAGUE CLUB

#18 mick wilson

mick wilson
  • Coach
  • 4,484 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 10:28 PM

How many bottle throwers were amongst that lot then ?

Edited by mick wilson, 20 July 2010 - 11:07 PM.

#19 cookey

cookey
  • Coach
  • 1,153 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 07:28 AM

What on earth is your sad obsession with the number of fans other Clubs have?

Why is it than in a relatively small game like rugby league,the only pleasure some 'fans' seem to get,is from constantly criticising other clubs players,administrators,fans etc.All of them,will doubtless do far more for the game,than those who merely criticise others.

#20 Lobbygobbler

Lobbygobbler
  • Coach
  • 5,809 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 08:22 AM

QUOTE (widnesvikings @ Jul 20 2010, 10:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
so is that why you only took 500 against hull kr a few years back,lets see if you can pull a few out of the woodwork on sunday,maybe you might bring 200 if you try hard.leigh is as much a RL heartland as Widnes my backside,we had near 6000 on sunday for a game that didnt tick any boxes for us.

Perhaps you had 6k because you already have the box "ticked" and another win won have been unofficially unassailable. Many in RL have given Widnes the sympathy vote - for very little reason other than that you have a nice ground, and a chairman that bit his tongue at the right time (I wonder if he'll do that if Widnes don't get the nod for 2012?).

I didn't go to the Northern W*nk cup final as it was then so I also can't argue against your "500" estimate. I didn't go because their was absolutely feckall to play. At least now there is a chance you'll be considered.

Leigh is far more a heartland - compare our amatuer game to yours for a start

At the end of the day, for me Barrow on form are the out and out deservees to go up thus far and also have the Geo box ticked which Widnes do not. It would be a major unjustice if they did not go up. Why the RFL did not have a ranking system based on "on-the-pitch " chievements is beyond me. At the end of the day all Widnes have done is win the NRC and had very mediocre results in the league