Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 401 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, full colour, in-depth coverage from the grassroots through to the international game.
Click here for the digital edition or just download the Rugby League World app from Apple Newsstand or Google Play now.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 401
/ View a Gallery of all our previous 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 401
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Stephen Wild

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Red Willow

Red Willow
  • Coach
  • 4,678 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 12:02 PM

Rumour has it he has signed a deal at Salford for next year. Why is is no longer required at huddersfield?

#2 Padge

Padge
  • Coach
  • 18,017 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 12:15 PM

Salford may have just offered him more money.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com
Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007
Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

#3 Lee

Lee
  • Coach
  • 5,115 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 01:10 PM

QUOTE (Red Willow @ Jul 20 2010, 01:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Rumour has it he has signed a deal at Salford for next year. Why is is no longer required at huddersfield?

Does suffer from a lot of injuries, could be that

A lot of Yorkshiremen believe that when God created the world, he made it with perfect balance.
He balanced the hot areas with the cold areas. the dry areas with the wet areas.
And, in creating Yorkshire, he created the most glorious place on earth - full of majestic beauty and sporting giants.........and for balance he created....... Lancashire.

#4 The Best The Beautiful The Only

The Best The Beautiful The Only
  • Coach
  • 1,576 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 01:44 PM

Past it and injury prone.

#5 Pottsy

Pottsy
  • Coach
  • 3,524 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 02:08 PM

QUOTE (The Best The Beautiful The Only @ Jul 20 2010, 02:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Past it and injury prone.

Sounds like a textbook Salford signing in that case.

#6 Segovia Carpet

Segovia Carpet
  • Coach
  • 1,419 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 02:11 PM

QUOTE (Pottsy @ Jul 20 2010, 03:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif Another Willie Talau maybe? 12 games in 2 seasons at about a Grand a game plus free lodgings, car etc etc & maybe Flight Home as well? laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

#7 Pottsy

Pottsy
  • Coach
  • 3,524 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 02:54 PM

QUOTE (Segovia Carpet @ Jul 20 2010, 03:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif Another Willie Talau maybe? 12 games in 2 seasons at about a Grand a game plus free lodgings, car etc etc & maybe Flight Home as well? laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

I could give you numerous examples over the years. One or two (Steve Hampson and Sam Panapa spring to mind) but it's a shame the club is still so painfully predictable with its recruitment.

#8 Steve May

Steve May
  • Coach
  • 10,111 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 03:01 PM

QUOTE (Red Willow @ Jul 20 2010, 01:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Too injury prone probably.

That's me.  I'm done.

#9 Segovia Carpet

Segovia Carpet
  • Coach
  • 1,419 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 03:14 PM

QUOTE (Segovia Carpet @ Jul 20 2010, 03:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

In my view Pottsy we should be signing young uns - Boyle a good example - Broughton another

#10 shrek

shrek
  • Coach
  • 5,842 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 03:18 PM

QUOTE (Pottsy @ Jul 20 2010, 03:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Is it not a case of the best of whats available from limited resources we have as a game?

For me its another example of how, even with the salary cap the perceived small clubs still have to take a punt on injury prone players who if fit maybe an improvement, but thats a big if.

#11 Pottsy

Pottsy
  • Coach
  • 3,524 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 03:28 PM

QUOTE (shrek @ Jul 20 2010, 04:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Is it not a case of the best of whats available from limited resources we have as a game?

For me its another example of how, even with the salary cap the perceived small clubs still have to take a punt on injury prone players who if fit maybe an improvement, but thats a big if.

Too many ifs.

Broughton, Boyle, Myler etc are the sort of signings the club should be targeting.

#12 shrek

shrek
  • Coach
  • 5,842 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 03:36 PM

QUOTE (Pottsy @ Jul 20 2010, 04:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Too many ifs.

Broughton, Boyle, Myler etc are the sort of signings the club should be targeting.

We don't know that there not. Maybe a case of getting who you can for all we know.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users