Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Which team has most impressed you?

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#21 1976PMJwires

1976PMJwires
  • Coach
  • 9,509 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 04:06 PM

QUOTE (Dave T @ Jul 23 2010, 04:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yep, they'd get my vote too.

Obviously Wigan and Warrington have been excellent, and probably slightly better than expected, but Crusaders have been a breath of fresh air. For a Noble team, they actually play quite a nice style too at times.

Yeah they have been good, again they have picked up some good results, Bradford must be sick of playing them wink.gif

#22 Exiled Wiganer

Exiled Wiganer
  • Coach
  • 6,010 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 04:52 PM

If the test is the extent to which a team's performance exceeds my expectations, as opposed to which team would win if everyone had all their players fit (Leeds), then it would be Wigan for mine, as I would have placed their first 17 around 5th in the competition. Our one chance of glory is the Minor Premiership, but even if we don't win that the level of performance MM has got from the same squad as lost as many as it won last year has been superb. Crusaders actually have a good squad with plenty of players with pedigree - as has been noted they have played a surprisingly open style though. I thought Cas would be right at the bottom, and their recent form, and scintillating attack has impressed me greatly.

#23 1976PMJwires

1976PMJwires
  • Coach
  • 9,509 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 05:55 PM

QUOTE (Exiled Wiganer @ Jul 23 2010, 05:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If the test is the extent to which a team's performance exceeds my expectations, as opposed to which team would win if everyone had all their players fit (Leeds), then it would be Wigan for mine, as I would have placed their first 17 around 5th in the competition. Our one chance of glory is the Minor Premiership, but even if we don't win that the level of performance MM has got from the same squad as lost as many as it won last year has been superb. Crusaders actually have a good squad with plenty of players with pedigree - as has been noted they have played a surprisingly open style though. I thought Cas would be right at the bottom, and their recent form, and scintillating attack has impressed me greatly.

EW, it was just to see which team impressed you the most (live or on the box)

Yes everyone expected Leeds or Saints at the Top, But we now have Wigan / Wires (good for the game, 2 fresh teams)

Your right though, Wigan, different manager same players, wow this season.

But for me, Leeds have impressed me the most, attitude in both games, we played them in, plus good wins in the cup (hull & wigan)and now they are on the edges of the top 4 ( really hope they blow up sometime soon wink.gif )
thanks for your input

Paul

#24 Viking Warrior

Viking Warrior
  • Coach
  • 5,125 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 09:51 PM

very hard to choose between wigan and wire..................ATM the pies are just shading it.
"Why is Napoleon crying ?" said one sailor to the other, "poor ###### thinks he's being exiled to st helens" came the reply.

https://scontent-a-l...276002364_n.jpg

#25 The Boy Saint

The Boy Saint
  • Coach
  • 1,732 posts

Posted 31 July 2010 - 09:07 PM

QUOTE (1976PMJwires @ Jul 22 2010, 09:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Spanked us, Saints scored 4 tries and so did the Wires, yes you have spanked us many many times. but not this year.

o and not a chance in 9 days time.....also hope we get you in the final of CC

the trophy is all ours the trophy is all ours the trophy is all ours the trophy is all ours

Dont know why, just felt compelled to bring this post back up.....

wink.gif

#26 goldcard

goldcard
  • Coach
  • 5,573 posts

Posted 31 July 2010 - 09:27 PM

QUOTE (The Boy Saint @ Jul 31 2010, 10:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

wink.gif

Yeah, I'll go with Wigan, then.
Then Batley. cool.gif
Wires record breaking 10 match run: L 16-17 ; L 34-36 ; L 24-44 ; L 20-38 ; L 8-46; L 14-26 ; L 20-40 ; L 22-48 ; L 14-20 ; L 8-60. Thanks Jimmy.The Glamour Club. Apparently.
Captain Morgan Trophy Holders.(I still think we have the British Coal 9's trophy hidden somewhere, too...)
Ooooh, the Challenge Cup!!! Thank you Tony.....
And again!!!Posted Image
Tipping Competiton Challenged Shield Winner 2010

#27 1976PMJwires

1976PMJwires
  • Coach
  • 9,509 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 08:51 AM

QUOTE (The Boy Saint @ Jul 31 2010, 10:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

wink.gif

LOL, fair play my friend from Saints. tongue.gif wink.gif

#28 Saint Billinge

Saint Billinge
  • Coach
  • 2,660 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 04:47 PM

QUOTE (1976PMJwires @ Jul 22 2010, 07:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The Best team Wires have played this season are Leeds, then Wigan followed by Cas.

over to you guys.

EDIT, i did try to put all the teams on the POLL bit so you could vote, but i can't seem to master it.

if some kind person could do it, i would be interested in the result.

Well done to Saints.

Here's to playing you another 2/3 times again this year.

I ask the other week who is the best time you have played....

100% Saints are the best Wires have played..........their defense for mine brillant, we all know how good Saints attack.

Can Wires win anything this year........not sure now.

RL what a game.

Edited by Saint Billinge, 01 August 2010 - 05:42 PM.

#29 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,890 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 04:52 PM

QUOTE (Saint Billinge @ Aug 1 2010, 05:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well done to Saints.

100% Saints are the best Wires have played..........their defense for mine brillant, we all know how good Saints attack.

RL what a game..

Have you changed your mind since! cool.gif

You struggling with the concept of the quote+ facility mate? tongue.gif

NO BUTS IT'S GOT TO BE BUTTER......                                 Z1N2MybzplQR6XBrwB9egniMH8xqYQ5s.jpg                                                                                                                     

#30 Saint Billinge

Saint Billinge
  • Coach
  • 2,660 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 05:09 PM

QUOTE (Old Frightful @ Aug 1 2010, 05:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You struggling with the concept of the quote+ facility mate? tongue.gif

This okay! tongue.gif

#31 Saint Billinge

Saint Billinge
  • Coach
  • 2,660 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 05:44 PM

QUOTE (Saint Billinge @ Aug 1 2010, 05:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well done to Saints.

RL what a game.

I stand corrected. Have you changed your mind since! cool.gif biggrin.gif

#32 Wendall

Wendall
  • Banned
  • 6,758 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 05:47 PM

I would say Saints are the best team Wire have faced so far.

The way they took their chances, with the team of kids and many stars like Eastmond, Gidley and co missing.

Saints should have been beaten last night but they did the simple things right, thats what impressed me.

#33 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,071 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 06:14 PM

Bradford Bulls 2010.

huh.gif Sorry, what?

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users