Congratulations and well done

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Tommy The C5t

Tommy The C5t
  • Coach
  • 13,479 posts

Posted 24 July 2010 - 11:15 PM

To everyone who went to Craven Park today.

It's times like this when we must all stick together and not as so many of the so called supporters have over the past four years, leave and desert the side.

I think it's a testament to have seen so many Bulls supporters there given that we haven't won since Friday 14th May and that 29-10 victory over Wakefield at Belle Vue.

Not many Super League sides would have taken the 250 or so supporters that we took today after no win ten weeks.

For those of us that got there in time for the Academy game, then they'll know where I'm coming from in saying that McNamara's legacy is there for all to see.

Jesus what a game, Hull Kingston Rovers going out to an early 16-0 lead before we score 22 points on the bounce, before yet more drama and a Rovers try on the half time whistle to take the scores at the break 22-22.

Then cue the Bradford masterclass and in particular a stunning 80 minutes from Southernwood who not only was kicking from the sidelines but his general kicking in play and what I can describe as superb vision and leadershp getting the ball moving.

In the end we had too much for the Robins as we ran out winners by 48 points to 28 in a real thriller.

I took loads of photos so will post them all tomorrow, as I've just got back from the game.

Credit to Stuart Duffy for taking time out of his busy scheduled to talk to us all before the game, it was a nice gesture.

People maybe wondering why I'm not despondent or dejected, but being negative in these times of hardship isn't doing me or the club any favours.

See you all at Odsal next Sunday, because the lads will play without pressure now because they'll think it's all over.

So a win against Catalans next week and the confidence will come back.
Then we'll beat Saints away because they'll be expecting an easy home... win and then we'll make light work of Wakefield before losing narrowly to Wigan.

Finishing 8th and into the play offs where we'll lose and go out but a bit more respectable.

#2 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 20,079 posts

Posted 24 July 2010 - 11:18 PM

Been on the gin again mate? wink.gif

No I don't care if you're if you're into different bands

No cause for so much hatred, I'm just a different man

Pull off that cover, I will too, and learn to understand

With music deep inside we'll make world unity our plan

7 Seconds -Walk Together, Rock Together

#3 Tommy The C5t

Tommy The C5t
  • Coach
  • 13,479 posts

Posted 24 July 2010 - 11:26 PM

QUOTE (Johnoco @ Jul 25 2010, 12:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Been on the gin again mate? wink.gif

I've had a couple John, but seriously and I mean seriously after taking into account what I've seen today, the season is a complete write off and I agree with what you sent me mate.

I must say those two killer passes for the two early Rovers scores killed us right off and what's very disheartening is that Menzies knew what was going to happen as was trying to get Nero to push further out, which he didn't and in the end it cruelly left young Finigan exposed on the left wing.

#4 Whacky Llama

Whacky Llama
  • Coach
  • 400 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 08:30 AM

Don't write season off yet, their is always the Floodlit 9's wink.gif

#5 Northern Exposure

Northern Exposure
  • Coach
  • 8,506 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 02:26 PM

QUOTE (Tommy The C5t @ Jul 25 2010, 12:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
To everyone who went to Craven Park today.

It's times like this when we must all stick together and not as so many of the so called supporters have over the past four years, leave and desert the side.

I think it's a testament to have seen so many Bulls supporters there given that we haven't won since Friday 14th May and that 29-10 victory over Wakefield at Belle Vue.

Not many Super League sides would have taken the 250 or so supporters that we took today after no win ten weeks.

For those of us that got there in time for the Academy game, then they'll know where I'm coming from in saying that McNamara's legacy is there for all to see.

Jesus what a game, Hull Kingston Rovers going out to an early 16-0 lead before we score 22 points on the bounce, before yet more drama and a Rovers try on the half time whistle to take the scores at the break 22-22.

Then cue the Bradford masterclass and in particular a stunning 80 minutes from Southernwood who not only was kicking from the sidelines but his general kicking in play and what I can describe as superb vision and leadershp getting the ball moving.

In the end we had too much for the Robins as we ran out winners by 48 points to 28 in a real thriller.

I took loads of photos so will post them all tomorrow, as I've just got back from the game.

Credit to Stuart Duffy for taking time out of his busy scheduled to talk to us all before the game, it was a nice gesture.

People maybe wondering why I'm not despondent or dejected, but being negative in these times of hardship isn't doing me or the club any favours.

See you all at Odsal next Sunday, because the lads will play without pressure now because they'll think it's all over.

So a win against Catalans next week and the confidence will come back.
Then we'll beat Saints away because they'll be expecting an easy home... win and then we'll make light work of Wakefield before losing narrowly to Wigan.

Finishing 8th and into the play offs where we'll lose and go out but a bit more respectable.

Haha, what a load of rubbish you krank.

10 losses on the bounce, thats a laugh and a half.

Because you're ######.

Posted Image

#6 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,093 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 02:33 PM

QUOTE (Whacky Llama @ Jul 25 2010, 09:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Don't write season off yet, their is always the Floodlit 9's wink.gif

biggrin.gif

You watch, 9's will be Michael Worrincy's forté! dry.gif

I'm not really sure what kind of squad a competition like 9's requires but I think it would be one Sam Burgess would completely dominate in. sad.gif

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users